Hi everyone,

(calendar issue is fixed) so how do I choose the swype keyboard to send messages? And in emails, like gmail and yahoo, how can I mark prior opened and delete multiple emails at once?

Thanks!
    Last edited by purpleberry218; 02-07-11 at 09:32 AM.
    02-07-11 08:34 AM
    To change keyboards:

go to your phone settings (from home screen: menu > settings > language and keyboard) and make sure there's a check mark next to Swype

Then from any text input box, long press and select "swype" as keyboard

For the email, i never used anything outside of gmail, but if you open up your gmail inbox, you'll see check boxes to the left of each email, place a check next to the emails u want, and hit menu and do what u want (mark as read, unread, delete, etc)
    02-07-11 09:49 AM
    To change keyboards:

go to your phone settings (from home screen: menu > settings > language and keyboard) and make sure there's a check mark next to Swype

Then from any text input box, long press and select "swype" as keyboard

For the email, i never used anything outside of gmail, but if you open up your gmail inbox, you'll see check boxes to the left of each email, place a check next to the emails u want, and hit menu and do what u want (mark as read, unread, delete, etc)
    Thank you! I totally didn't notice the checkmarks in gmail. For swype, I got that to work but it only comes up in the native app, so swype doesnt work if I want to reply via handcent?
    02-07-11 10:01 AM
    I'm not sure why it's not working in handcent... long press the input text box and select swype while you're in handcent (but it should automatically be set for all apps when you select it as your on screen keyboard)
    Blkbear and Lovewalk218 like this.
    02-07-11 10:17 AM
    Thank you! I totally didn't notice the checkmarks in gmail. For swype, I got that to work but it only comes up in the native app, so swype doesnt work if I want to reply via handcent?
    Swype works fine with any text input including handscent's sms app.

ThaGeNeCySt's post tells how to bring it up and you can set it as default as well for most apps.
    Lovewalk218 likes this.
    02-07-11 08:48 PM
    Yes, it works now. Thank you both!
    02-07-11 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD