I am pretty much unfamiliar with tablets, but believe I will e buying a Lenova K1 tablet for a Christmas gift. My question is that since it is wifi only, would I be able to connect it to a Verizon or Virgin mobile broadband to go if I wanted to, or do I need to get a tablet like the Samsung Galaxy that has a 3 g option? I do not need another contract data plan, but want to have the ability to connect via a broadband to go type connection. Would a wireless only tablet work in this scenario?
    12-11-11 07:48 AM
    It has to be equipped to use the wireless broadband. I have Verizon's internet on my laptop. If it isn't available to use then it can't be done. Comes with a disc to install the drivers. If it is only used on wifi then that's all it is capable of doing.
    Only way to not pay extra 30.00 a month on tablet with Verizon is to buy one full retail. Then if a person has their hotspot USB it can be on used up to 5 devices. It works on 4g devices. I had thought of getting it but I live in a 3 g area. It wont give me the connection so I still use my 3 g USB on my laptop

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    12-11-11 08:33 PM
    You can always get a MiFi device. That would give access to 3G on any device that doesn't have cellular data built in. I think that is how the iPad actually connects to Verizon's network, instead of an internal 3G radio.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.
    12-27-11 07:13 AM
    I bought my daughter a K1 for Christmas and she used wifi via my Sprint MiFi all day long...as did my other daughter on her ipod touch and MacBook...as we traveled 6 hours.

You could also add the hotspot feature to your Droid, which may be a lot cheaper per month than a MiFi monthly charge.
    However, I don't know if you can talk and use hotspot feature simultaneously on the Droid X.
    12-27-11 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD