Im lookin at a new phone, orderd the 9700, but theres a 15days wait until its back instock, my dilema is that im seriously rethinkin my choice of phone, yes its nice, its a berry, but my mates just got a 3gs and im impressed, diggin deaper and seeing all the awards the htc hero has picked up im leaning towards it.... now... do i jump in and get 1? or is there something better in santas sack? are there any new good android phones around ther corner???? btw im in the uk and droid hasnt hit our shores yet

cheers for your input people
    12-02-09 05:36 AM
    Im lookin at a new phone, orderd the 9700, but theres a 15days wait until its back instock, my dilema is that im seriously rethinkin my choice of phone, yes its nice, its a berry, but my mates just got a 3gs and im impressed, diggin deaper and seeing all the awards the htc hero has picked up im leaning towards it.... now... do i jump in and get 1? or is there something better in santas sack? are there any new good android phones around ther corner???? btw im in the uk and droid hasnt hit our shores yet

I'm in the same boat, and would be really interested in everyone's views. I've loved my Curve, but I'm getting impatient about the 9700, and also now leaning towards a hero but nervous that it's been out a little while and there may be something new on the way. Not had the chance to play with a hero, so haven't seen how it handles mail and calendar/task functions. Need some input too!
    12-02-09 04:58 PM
    I always use the "which would I regret less" scenario. In this case would you regret waiting a month or so, have nothing new come out, them buy your phone of choice and lament not having bought it sooner...or....buy something now and if something you like better comes along soon lament that you didn't wait.

Hence - which would you regret less?

For me, sometimes when making a choice it's not "which is better", it's " which will I regret LESS" if I make the wrong decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by hal1; 12-02-09 at 09:54 PM.
    12-02-09 05:44 PM
    ive done it..... ive ordered the hero... it'l be here tuesday, got a crackin deal that i cudnt say no to, free phone, 1200mins, 500 txt, unlimited landlines, unlimited internet, free orange maps with free updates..... �24 a mth after staff discount on 18mth term
    12-05-09 07:46 AM
    ive done it..... ive ordered the hero... it'l be here tuesday, got a crackin deal that i cudnt say no to, free phone, 1200mins, 500 txt, unlimited landlines, unlimited internet, free orange maps with free updates..... �24 a mth after staff discount on 18mth term
    Great! I have the Hero and love it. Right now it's at Android 1.5, but is getting the update to 2.0 or 2.1 early in the new year.
    12-05-09 09:49 AM
    yeh ive seen a few things about the update, hopefully it will make the phone snappier and hopefully take better pix
    12-05-09 12:36 PM
    Personally, I love the 3GS but hate the US provider (AT&T) I've had horrible experiences with customer service and service so thats the only thing that stops me. Android is a great platform and alternative. I think it will be the next up and coming platform but right now Apple has the crown. When android's polished up really good, you'll be up for an upgrade
    12-05-09 01:06 PM
    thanks for the input auero, i was guna get the 3gs... but 1 i didnt wana pay the �84 for the phone (its nearly christmas and that sorta money is needed) and 2 i can get the 3gs free on the 24mth.... but ITS 24 MONTHS!!! so plucked for a free hero, its got loads of awards this year so can be that bad, and for the price im getin on the deal, i cant grumble
    12-05-09 03:51 PM
    You got the Hero with the Teflon coating and the chin, it's the first and best version IMO. You're also getting 2.1 soon on it.

Great choice, enjoy your phone!
    12-05-09 04:30 PM
    cheers
    12-05-09 06:17 PM

as you have said tht you like what your friends bought...it wud be better yo actually get a proper idea of the functionalities of tht phone.....like u shud be measuring the advs n disadvs....between the 2 phones initially....and then make a choice....coz by doing this u wud be in a bettre position to tell what you want.....

its even a gud idea to wait until christmas before u make any investment if its not very urgent....and then make ur mind from the aviulable choices....hope this helps!
    12-07-09 01:30 AM
    as you have said tht you like what your friends bought...it wud be better yo actually get a proper idea of the functionalities of tht phone.....like u shud be measuring the advs n disadvs....between the 2 phones initially....and then make a choice....coz by doing this u wud be in a bettre position to tell what you want.....

its even a gud idea to wait until christmas before u make any investment if its not very urgent....and then make ur mind from the aviulable choices....hope this helps!
    yeh thats for your input, ive actual ordered the hero, read lots of reviews, spent hours on youtube watchin vids, we had a HTC rep in work too, ive got 14days t try it out, i'l compare it to my mates 3gs.... then make a decision, but i feel i have made the right 1
    12-07-09 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD