I recently dropped my DROID RAZR and the screen shattered. I thought it had gorilla glass, supposed to be tough? I've dropped my iPhone 4 several times and the screen never broke. What a rip. Anyway, when I called Asurion about replacing my phone I told them I needed a replacement for my DROID RAZR, they asked DROID RAZR. 1 or 2 ? Is there a difference between these two?
    Thanks
    05-06-12 12:06 AM
    Gorilla glass is scratch resistant but it still can be scratched. Its not surprising it cracked from a drop. That's common with all smart phones. You may have been lucky with the iPhone. I recommend getting a case for your new RAZR. And with Asurion asking if its the RAZR 1 or 2 I'm guessing that's probably the original RAZR and the Maxx. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll send you a Maxx? Good luck with you new RAZR.
    05-06-12 12:46 PM
    It's damage resistant, not damage proof. Any glass screen will shatter if dropped just right. Maybe stop dropping your phone instead of complaining about the glass breaking.
    05-06-12 12:51 PM
    It's damage resistant, not damage proof. Any glass screen will shatter if dropped just right. Maybe stop dropping your phone instead of complaining about the glass breaking.
    I have to agree. Its the angle of the drop that usually determines if the screen is cracked or not. I dropped my Incredible once on cement in my garage and luckily the screen was fine. The back was a bit scuffed but worked great. :-)
    05-06-12 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD