This is actually very interesting. Just like so many posters indicated, this is mostly for the patents, since it will protect hardware manufacturers that are being bombarded by Apple's law department. Google still has to clean up its Sun/Java mess though.

What I can't wait to see is what kind of product Google will create with those thousands of patents. Whatever it'll be, it better cook and clean too!
    irobot will be a reality, soon enough

Sent from my Incredible
    08-16-11 03:11 PM
    Same can be said for those who do the reverse... not saying you do, yourself; but, it's something everyone in this forum is guilty of - to a degree.
    This is not an excuse for ignorant promotion towards Blackberry, but this is a Blackberry enthusiast website. I see no problem with member expressing their "excitement" towards RIM's new devices as long as they are not being ignorant or misleading.

Most "pro-blackberry" comments are either personal anecdotes or constructive criticism. Rarely do these posters cite competitors and proceed to take a kick at RIM. Sure there are posters that rail and rant against competitors too but those members are not taken as seriously, when they go spouting bitter opinion as oppose to fact. Likewise, I have my moments of "bias" but I don't expect those posts to be taken 100% seriously.

The obvious question to "anti-blackberry" posters is "do you need to still be here if you've made the switch?" "Do you feel it's necessary and your responsibility to bring "fair and balanced" discussion to the boards?" If you're interested in future blackberry's, you don't show that interest in constantly pontificating it's failures and declining relevance, according to you. Worse still is when untruths and general negativity are spread and hyped ridiculously. Look at all the BS that has been raised about the 9900.

Sorry for the rant, but I do not equate blackberry enthusiasts with "randomly name generated (with number and letters all over the place), blackberry-bashing, ignorant and misleading, "members"" who're only here to steymie any positive development/discussion towards RIM in general.
    08-18-11 12:00 PM
    Google passed on RIM? WTF!
    08-19-11 08:46 PM
    This is actually very interesting. Just like so many posters indicated, this is mostly for the patents, since it will protect hardware manufacturers that are being bombarded by Apple's law department. Google still has to clean up its Sun/Java mess though.

What I can't wait to see is what kind of product Google will create with those thousands of patents. Whatever it'll be, it better cook and clean too!
    Don't be fooled by these early bloggers, patents yes, but the larger story is just getting started
    08-19-11 08:48 PM
104 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD