I bought 1900 mAh batteries on Amazon and they are giving me comparable usage to my 9700. From what I have read the Sensation clocks down to less than 200 MHz when idle, and I am getting usage of about .5% with very light use which is about what I get on my 9700. With light use I think I could go 2 days, perhaps more, never tried since I charge every evening, but I am always over 70% when I charge.
    That's my point. When I had the 9700, I didn't have to watch my usage. I just used the phone when I needed to. It lasted me all day everyday no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-20-11 01:47 PM
    I just traded my S2 for a 64GB playbook and a 9780. I sold the. 9780 and got my self a 9900.

I am no stranger to BB I have had many BB, Iphones, and Androids this 9900 makes the 47th phone in 7 years.

I found that the S2 battery life is ok, and by that I mean there are a number of options provided in the android app market to address the issues of battery. IE apps to turn wifi on/off, BT on/off, clock and throttle your CPU.

These can make the android S2 last longer but not by default.

The Blackberry 9900 is not "right now" the battery life we normally
    See with BB's we all hope a real update will come to fix that.

My 9780 could go all day, with WIFI on but. Not connected, blue tooth on and bridged to playbook,
    And it didn't even take a hit to the battery.

So really there are just more options to android users to control their power usage than we have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-20-11 02:09 PM
    The Blackberry 9900 is not "right now" the battery life we normally
    See with BB's we all hope a real update will come to fix that.
    Not gonna see a fix that is gonna help the battery that much. Rim put a smaller battery in a 1.2Ghz CPU and higher res screen. You won't see battery life like the 9780. My S2 def had better battery life then my 9900. My 4S is another story lol
    11-20-11 06:25 PM
    I have been a BB fanboy for many years and have to admit i cant stick up for them anymore. I love my 9700 but am also due for an upgrade. I cant see spending 300 bucks plus a 2 year contract on a 9900 that has a smaller battery than my 9700, and no UMA as of yet. On the other hand the SGS2 for TMO has a dual core 1.5 gig processor, 8 meg camera, 2 meg front cam, a huge 1850 battery, an awesome screen, flash, apps, HDMI out, wifi hot spot, working UMA, USB 3.0, everything the Bold has plus a bunch of other features it does not. Its cheaper, faster, and not obsolete before it was released. I read that it will definitely be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich update when its released. What I really want is a QNX Blackberry which pretty much has the specs of the SGS2 but probably wont be available for a year. By then we will be lookin at quad cores maybe with some new battery technologies to drive them. I will miss the exquisite 9700 keyboard a lot but will adapt to a touchscreen soon enough I think. The QNX phones will be touch anyway so it will be good practice ;-) Never thought I would leave Blackberry especially since I have a Playbook too, however, I would really feel like a fool shelling out that much for a Bold. If it was much cheaper than a kick a$$ android phone then id think about it but it costs more so to me its a no brainer. I will return to Blackberry if they ever catch up but its not looking good this year or next. Just my 2 cents.
    Guatiao likes this.
    11-21-11 09:26 AM
    waggs63, I am in the same position as yours, having switched to my first Android device (SGS2) just a week ago from T-Mo... it's sad that T-Mo has THE highest price on THE most anticipated BlackBerry since the Torch (in my opinion anyway).

BBX, we patiently await for you...
    11-25-11 12:29 PM
    my take on the case, owning both devices... A day in the life of....: Blackberry vs Android
    01-08-12 06:40 AM
    I recently had my bold stolen, as it turns out it was a good thing, I replaced it with S2, best thing I ever did.
    Came across this article today

Samsung Galaxy S II (S2) vs BlackBerry Bold 9900: Sure Winner : Online Social Media

I am upgrading in the next 2 - 3 months and it is between these two phones. I have been hardcore BB the past 3 years, but the limited app space of the 9900, lack of hotspot, missing flash support, have me weighing all options.

This article has lots of good points, but it does miss some others. The Bold 9900 has a smaller screen, but it does have a better 'pixels per inch' and although it isn't 'super amoled plus', pixels do matter and make a screen truly beautiful and clear (see the Ip4 in real life if you disagree)

Also, the S2 runs 21mb/s over hspa+ whereas the Bold only runs 14mb/s. My carrier is on this, and I would like to get the most out of my data plan.

What are your thoughts? Is the 9900 just a stop gap this year, until the more powerful dual core qnx berries arrive next year?
    SOTK likes this.
    03-11-12 10:51 AM
    Came across this article today

Samsung Galaxy S II (S2) vs BlackBerry Bold 9900: Sure Winner : Online Social Media

I am upgrading in the next 2 - 3 months and it is between these two phones. I have been hardcore BB the past 3 years, but the limited app space of the 9900, lack of hotspot, missing flash support, have me weighing all options.

This article has lots of good points, but it does miss some others. The Bold 9900 has a smaller screen, but it does have a better 'pixels per inch' and although it isn't 'super amoled plus', pixels do matter and make a screen truly beautiful and clear (see the Ip4 in real life if you disagree)

Also, the S2 runs 21mb/s over hspa+ whereas the Bold only runs 14mb/s. My carrier is on this, and I would like to get the most out of my data plan.

What are your thoughts? Is the 9900 just a stop gap this year, until the more powerful dual core qnx berries arrive next year?
    Really? There's no contest. Android is a far superior OS than blackberry and the Galaxy line can run circles around the 9900 in just about every way. I dismiss the whole Rim fanboy email/business argument too. My notifications and emails are instantaneous while using Gmail. I have no problems opening attachments, editing documents, etc. I can type really fast and do not miss owning a device with a keyboard; however, this will be your biggest learning curve if are not used to touch screens. Also, it may take you a while to become acclimated to the Android OS. The OS is extremely powerful with the ability to completely take control of your phone but this takes some learning.

For me, there's no question about the superiority and power of Android versus blackberry. I was once a blackberry enthusiast but haven't looked back since jumping to Android over two years ago. Its up to you. Do the research. Go to a store and play with them a bit. Ask friends who own Androids about them. I could be wrong but I just don't see a future for Rim. Its too late.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    lssanjose likes this.
    03-12-12 10:21 PM
    I have both, and I chose the 9900. I cannot stand the keyboards on android and am too afraid to download better keyboards because I am afraid these apps will steal my passwords and everything. And Swype just cannot compare against that rock solid 9900 keyboard, but this is a personal preference.

Oh, and I am patiently waiting for ICS, which should improve battery life.
    03-29-12 02:08 AM
    For me, 9900 is the main phone (phone call and messaging). S2 is for gaming
    08-21-14 08:05 PM
    For me, 9900 is the main phone (phone call and messaging). S2 is for gaming
    What kind of reception do you get in your cave?
    08-29-14 12:22 PM
    What kind of reception do you get in your cave?
    He don't hence why he still uses a 9900 lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk
    02-17-15 10:15 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD