ok so i currently own a bold 9700 and i really like it but basically i dont use my phone for anything buisness related i just use my phone for a phone browsing and apps themes ect.

basically is this the right phone for me or would i be better off with a android device iphone sucks dont like it at all.

what devices would u reccomend if it is that i should switch devices iv considered - Sony ericsson x10 - hd2 - new htc desire i think its called - also heard of htc evo 4g anyone no when its released
    03-30-10 04:08 AM
    I use my phone for generally the samething you are and I have used a few other Andriod phones such as the mytouch3g, which my wife has and the Driod, which my Sister-in-law has as well as the Motorola Cliq as a friend has that and nothing could make me give up my 9700....besides maybe the Nexus One, but I really need a physical keyboard.

Might want to check the Nexus One out. Browses the web very nicely and has a killer UI and OS.
    03-30-10 05:29 AM
    i was in the same mindframe as you a week.. so i borrowed my bro's n1 for a day.. a damm it was a fun phone to have.. but the battery life on it sucksss asss... no phone i ever used till this day has the battery life of my 9700.. soo i guess this thing is a keeper jusst if anything for the reliability
    03-30-10 05:37 AM
    Yeah see the nexus one does look very appealing although I'm from the uk and not sure on availability. Also as I said the htc phones look appealing but again not too sure I don't even find browsing on the bb that bad its not that slow.

Only thing I find is that I use a couple of websites with a shoutbox and I can't seem to get it to auto refresh so I miss chat and so on and drop down menus don't drop down is this just mobile browsing. I previously had a iphone 3gs didn't like it and in terms of net speed I don't see much different.
    03-30-10 06:07 AM
    I also use windows live messenger a lot and on the bb is fantastic iphone app for it was useless in comparison any1 know how the sony ericsson x10 compares to the bb as its their first android device and I really like the look of it and as I own a ps3 quite like sony stuff lol
    03-30-10 06:11 AM
    I've sold my 9700 twice to try the Motorola Milestone/droid. Here are my findings;

Pros for the Milestone:
    - amazing web browsing
    - amazing screen
    - apps, apps and more apps
    - Camera both for picture and Video was great, although taking a pic was a little slow it was very usable.
    - build quality was solid, felt like a high end device
    - easy to customize and fun to interact with

Cons:
    - battery life lasted 12 hours tops, the moment you used the web you're done
    - eats data, I have the 500MB data plan and with my 9700 I use maybe 75MB per month and in the few days I had the Milestone and this is with turning off data when I didn't use it I ate 235 MB.
    - the size was awkward, very rigid and long
    - email, messaging, phone usage was not as streamlined and easy as on the bb but then again this is the blackberry's bread and butter.
    - keyboard on the milestone sucked, the the layout was not very ergonomic and the tactile feedback was very poor.
    - the OS was a bit laggy and slow at times.
    - BB is easier to use and the shortcuts are more efficient, by that I mean it may take 2-3 steps to do on the Milestone where it would take 1-2 on the 9700, ex. Copy and paste

Hope this helps. Cheers
    Last edited by 4mynikka; 03-30-10 at 10:20 AM.
    03-30-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD