I'm posting this here because it only happens with my Droid, not my Storm or other company phone.

When I dial out, (and using my Blueant V1) I get an EXTREME amount of static/hissing sound. It eventually goes away after turning it off and on again.

Anyone else experience this?
    01-23-10 11:08 PM
    I am having the same problem. Some searches on Android forums points to an issue between the 2 devices.
    Sucks as I love the V1. I did a firmware upgrade and it did not help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 01:02 AM
    I had the Blue Ant V1, and I don't think it is compatible with the Droid.
    I had problems with it before the 2.01 upgrade as well. Just not compatible
    with the Droid. I exchanged it for the Motorola H17 which is good/great.
    Just recently purchased the Jawbone Icon, sound quality incoming and outgoing is excellent. The only drawback for me are the earpieces. The one
    designed for wearing the hook works great but after a while it just hurts
    my ear. But with that being said the incoming volume makes it the one to buy.
    Also the Icon has caller ID. I am contemplating giving the Blu Ant V1's successor a try. So the upshot is the V1 is a no go with the Droid
    01-25-10 08:57 AM
    Supposedly the q1 will work but I hope the v1 might be usable after the 2.1 update?? Would be nice. The v1 is the best BT I have used so I hate to lose it.

01-25-10 09:06 AM
    Supposedly the q1 will work but I hope the v1 might be usable after the 2.1 update?? Would be nice. The v1 is the best BT I have used so I hate to lose it.

Yeah it broke my heart when I found I couldn't use it. If it works after the 2.1 update please post will buy that one in a heartbeat. Love that foam ear insert.
    01-25-10 11:39 AM
    I have the q1 and so far so good.
    01-25-10 01:41 PM
    I have the q1 and so far so good.
    Does voice answering work on it?
    How many earplugs do they give u?
    01-25-10 03:09 PM
    Blueant contacted me and said they're working on it. Told me to register and they'll email me when they have updated in firmware.

01-25-10 04:45 PM
    Blueant contacted me and said they're working on it. Told me to register and they'll email me when they have updated in firmware.

Cool thanks for sharing. I would love to buy that one
    01-25-10 06:20 PM
    Does voice answering work on it?
    How many earplugs do they give u?
    Voice answering works, 2 plugs.
    01-26-10 07:02 AM
    Voice answering works, 2 plugs.
    Thanks............
    That voice answering is the business
    01-26-10 08:59 AM
    Are there any real differences between the Q1 and the V1? I see the Q1 has A2DP but is the V1 as good in the normal BT uses? Anyone use both to compare?
    01-26-10 10:02 AM
    I thought I would update this thread as I decided to try my V1 again. I have been trying a few different roms and I thought what the ****. I can happily say that I have been using my V1 for 2 days now with no issues. I can even voice dial using the V1's speed dial. You have to have the number call you on your cell and then you can assign it a speed dial option on the V1. Works great now. Maybe the Bugless beast rom is helping?
    03-16-10 09:53 PM
    I had the same exact issue. & I have 2 friends with the same exact V1 and I used their V1's on my Droid & the same thing happened. As soon as I answer a call, it will be a storming sound for about a minute, so bad I can barely hear the other caller. When I turn the V1 off, the noise goes away. If I turn the V1 back on, it will then be fine.

V1 just ain't meant for this Droid because I gave my mom the V1 & it works great on her LG Envy 2.
    03-17-10 02:08 PM
    I WAS having the issue. The V1 is working perfectly on my Droid with the Bugless Beast Rom. The Droid does not have speed dial so you have to use the V1's speed dials but I am not getting the static anymore.

Root you droid and test it out.
    03-17-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD