Maybe be can help fix the problems with the contact app

Posted via CB10
    spiculated, vrud, Q10Bold and 6 others like this.
    08-10-14 08:35 AM
    Love this a response from a dude holding a bb10 device, Wishing him good luck & a PDF for him to get started.

Attachment 289984

Posted via CB10
    His moustache and beard are clearly fake.

Posted via CB10
    imadorkx and Shadowyugi like this.
    08-10-14 08:48 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only BlackBerry device that was ever rooted was the BlackBerry PlayBook version 1.X while 2.0 was secure.
    BlackBerry 10 was never rooted...
    10.0.0.9 was rootable

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 08:55 AM
    He obviously can't root it, or he would have been bragging about it. BlackBerry is rootable, but it'll be hard and take forever

Although, even if he does root it and the media destroys BlackBerry, at least we'll be able to root our phones :/
    Posted via CB10
    chalx likes this.
    08-10-14 09:03 AM
    His moustache and beard are clearly fake.

Posted via CB10
    Looks legit to me.

Posted via CB10 (Via limited WiFi connection)
    08-10-14 09:05 AM
    Maybe be can help fix the problems with the contact app

Posted via CB10
    LOL.. yeah.. why not. Since he's 'good' at it.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    08-10-14 09:21 AM
    That's John Sawyer I believe. Smart guy. Knows his android inside and out. I think he's a CTO in a some security company.
    He doesn't do these exploits or hacks unless there's a bounty usually.
    He is arrogant and also full of himself. Outside of android he's not much of anything. He may have rooted the blackphone because of a bounty. His excuse that Blackberry has no users and is of no interest to hack/root is because he hasn't been offered a bounty.

If he roots Blackberry at all he may do it on a previous possibly rootable version if one exists. And then he'll claim Blackberry can be rooted.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:29 AM
    That's John Sawyer I believe. Smart guy. Knows his android inside and out. I think he's a CTO in a some security company.
    He doesn't do these exploits or hacks unless there's a bounty usually.
    He is arrogant and also full of himself. Outside of android he's not much of anything. He may have rooted the blackphone because of a bounty. His excuse that Blackberry has no users and is of no interest to hack/root is because he hasn't been offered a bounty.

If he roots Blackberry at all he may do it on a previous possibly rootable version if one exists. And then he'll claim Blackberry can be rooted.

Posted via CB10
    I've challenged him to root BB10. Told him it'll make big news. Pointed him to Z10/Q5 as both are cheap as chips to buy.

Surely that's enough motivation over a pitifully small bounty.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:43 AM
    I've challenged him to root BB10. Told him it'll make big news. Pointed him to Z10/Q5 as both are cheap as chips to buy.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you do that? Do you want him to possibly root bb10 and then have the media all over it??

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) and eldricho like this.
    08-10-14 09:47 AM
    Why would you do that? Do you want him to possibly root bb10 and then have the media all over it??

Posted via CB10
    Security through obscurity is no security at all. Either it's robust or it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if it will be. He's one of the few Android devs who has formally monetized rooting and s-off procedures.
    08-10-14 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    3 reasons -

1) If he finds an exploit, BBRY will rapidly plug it. We'll have a more secure OS.

2) I don't believe his claims. If he achieves anything, I think it'll be bloody hard work.

3) He said BlackBerry are next anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:55 AM
    Hmmm. Now I'm not saying there isn't a chance this could be true. (nothing is 100% absolutely secure) However, wouldn't hacking (or rooting, whatever) into a BlackBerry be a very prestigious thing to do and get you a TON of headlines? So why doesn't he do it then? Instead of calling BlackBerry user idiots? Why not 'shut us up?'

I'm assuming it's because he can't do it.

Posted via CB10 (Via limited WiFi connection)
    He's amazingly arrogant lol blackphone doesn't even have a customer yet, BlackBerry 10 is currently being used by corporates in Fortune 500, they should have more monetary value than 30 Androids from the local burger joint

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-10-14 09:57 AM
    I don't know if it will be. He's one of the few Android devs who has formally monetized rooting and s-off procedures.
    I just want him to put his money where his mouth is.

But yeah... you know a lot more about him than I do, so you're probably right.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:58 AM
    I just want him to put his money where his mouth is.

But yeah... you know a lot more about him than I do, so you're probably right.

Posted via CB10
    If he tries and fails you'll never know about it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's already tried.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    08-10-14 10:00 AM
    If he tries and fails you'll never know about it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's already tried.

Posted via CB10
    The poster above is right about his comment that BlackBerry don't have enough customers. The BlackPhone does? That's just silly.

Yeah, maybe he has.

He's gone quiet since me and another user provided him some info to help him make a start.

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    08-10-14 10:03 AM
    The poster above is right about his comment that BlackBerry don't have enough customers. The BlackPhone does? That's just silly.

Yeah, maybe he has.

He's gone quiet since me and another user provided him some info to help him make a start.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, but my point is that if he tries (or has already tried) without succeeding, he's hardly going to announce that he hasn't been able to hack it. He'll just stay quiet.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    I doubt he is familiar with BB10. So it might take a while.
    08-10-14 10:06 AM
    His latest tweet:

"Hey BlackBerry idiots, stop miss quoting me on your blogs. Your phone is only "secure" because it has few users and little value as a target"
    08-10-14 10:08 AM
    08-10-14 10:11 AM
    Sure, but my point is that if he tries (or has already tried) without succeeding, he's hardly going to announce that he hasn't been able to hack it. He'll just stay quiet.

Posted via CB10
    I understood your point (and agree with it).

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:12 AM
    Then everyone must agree upon what's a reasonable amount of time, and then come to the conclusion that BB10 cannot be rooted, at least by someone of his capability.
    08-10-14 10:21 AM
    I understood your point (and agree with it).

Posted via CB10
    Ah ok. Apologies.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:22 AM
    Then everyone must agree upon what's a reasonable amount of time, and then come to the conclusion that BB10 cannot be rooted, at least by someone of his capability.
    Agreed also.

He made boasts about BlackPhone and now he's making claims about BlackBerry (and taunting users), so lets see if he's true to his word, or if he's all mouth and does/achieves nothing.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:23 AM
    Well, He is still waiting for someone to hand him a BB10 device.
    08-10-14 10:36 AM
472 12345 ...