I have some questions for those of you who have switched from the BlackBerry Storm to the Droid.

1) Compared to the Storm how easy are the menus to navigate?
    2a) How is the web browsing experience?
    2b) Will most websites appear on the droid as they do on my PC?
    2c) Will the droid browser show flash video?
    3) Are there a lot of free applications that are useful, are paid applications overpriced like many are on the BlackBerry platform?
    4) I know the droid has a 5mp camera but how good are the pictures in a "real life" situation?
    5) Are you pleased with your decision to switch from the Storm to the Droid?
    6) What do you miss about the Storm?
    7) What would you like the Droid to have that it does not currently have?
    03-17-10 11:44 AM
    I have some questions for those of you who have switched from the BlackBerry Storm to the Droid.

1) Compared to the Storm how easy are the menus to navigate? super easy!
    2a) How is the web browsing experience? ALOT better
    2b) Will most websites appear on the droid as they do on my PC? for the most part
    2c) Will the droid browser show flash video? expected around July...?
    3) Are there a lot of free applications that are useful, are paid applications overpriced like many are on the BlackBerry platform?tons of free useful applications! prices are well below the bb app store
    4) I know the droid has a 5mp camera but how good are the pictures in a "real life" situation?some people complain, but i think it does a great job
    5) Are you pleased with your decision to switch from the Storm to the Droid?best decision ever - android rocks!
    6) What do you miss about the Storm?i actually liked the click screen and i loved the suretype, but using swype on the droid has made me forget about suretype
    7) What would you like the Droid to have that it does not currently have?i have no complaints, but my fat fingers don't work too good on the flat buttons on the slideout keyboard, but i've gotten MUCH better over time.
    go take one for the 15 day test drive. you won't look back. just don't get too frustrated in the first few days, as there is a learning curve...
    03-17-10 12:21 PM
    I agree with above. Besides the surepress part. I hated it. Took longer to type on. The touchscreen is much easier to use on the Droid then the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 12:58 PM
    1) Compared to the Storm how easy are the menus to navigate? They are much easier than the BB OS imo
    2a) How is the web browsing experience? Web Browsing using a BB browser was a joke. Stock browser to stock browser the Droid 1000 times better
    2b) Will most websites appear on the droid as they do on my PC? for the most part yes, unless they are a mobile site
    2c) Will the droid browser show flash video? not yet, sometime soon though
    3) Are there a lot of free applications that are useful, are paid applications overpriced like many are on the BlackBerry platform? 1000's of free ones, and the most expensive app I have is Touchdown (use it for work), I bought it at 9.99 but now it 19.99.
    4) I know the droid has a 5mp camera but how good are the pictures in a "real life" situation? Outside they are great, some washout in low light situation, but in all fairness my phone isnt for taking amazing pics.
    5) Are you pleased with your decision to switch from the Storm to the Droid? I wont go back to BB
    6) What do you miss about the Storm? I liked the Storms camera quality actually... and I missed BBM for about 2 days.
    7) What would you like the Droid to have that it does not currently have? Flash support (coming), and Nike+ support. The lack of Nike+ is the only reason I still use my iPod touch lol
    Last edited by Lynx83; 03-17-10 at 01:53 PM.
    03-17-10 01:49 PM
    I came from the Storm 1, and may I preface this statement by saying I really enjoyed the Storm and my first Blackberry, but the Android OS is MUCH more user friendly and fluid. The Web experience and keyboard typing alone is worth the change. Now I can actually check my balances in my bank accounts in 2 minutes instead of waiting 5 to 10 minutes for a page to load and reload and accidentally hit the back button and so forth.
    03-17-10 02:48 PM

1) Compared to the Storm how easy are the menus to navigate? Yes
    2a) How is the web browsing experience? Blows S1 away
    2b) Will most websites appear on the droid as they do on my PC? Yes
    3) Are there a lot of free applications that are useful, are paid applications overpriced like many are on the BlackBerry platform? Imo no
    4) I know the droid has a 5mp camera but how good are the pictures in a "real life" situation? Good
    6) What do you miss about the Storm? Definitely
    This is a family forum
    The S1 cannot compete
    03-17-10 02:52 PM
    OP jus come on in the waters fine
    03-17-10 02:53 PM

Easier in all aspects.
    Awesome, pinch zoom desktop quality browser with soon to come flash.
    Yes.
    Soon as it is released, the mod community is working on porting flash lite at the moment.
    3) Are there a lot of free applications that are useful, are paid applications overpriced like many are on the BlackBerry platform?
    No, a lot of great free substitutes to paid apps, and the paid ones are not overpriced.
    4) I know the droid has a 5mp camera but how good are the pictures in a "real life" situation?
    So so, my only downside to the phone, just gotta have steady hands
    Simply put, Yes.
    *Shrugs*
    Hmm a better camera? I want it to parallel park my car?
    Above for answers.
    03-17-10 03:23 PM
    I agree with all of the posts above. You will like it.
    03-17-10 09:42 PM
    You can never talk me into regressing into a BB storm! Does that help? Google is the scary info collector though, beware of the 21st century....
    03-18-10 01:35 AM
    i am waiting on the N! or the Incredible to switch from my S1.........

my question is:

What is the email push like on the android phones? the storm is almost instant, and I an only a BIS user (not BES). How quickly do you get your emails on the ANdroid phones? What about truncated messages on android? (really bugs me about the BB.)
    03-18-10 08:43 AM
    the droid keyboard looks and feels very cheap..the whole phone is ugly.i will stick with my storm
    03-18-10 08:54 AM

my question is:

What is the email push like on the android phones? the storm is almost instant, and I an only a BIS user (not BES). How quickly do you get your emails on the ANdroid phones? What about truncated messages on android? (really bugs me about the BB.)
    Gmail push is as fast as BIS, if not faster.
    03-18-10 08:55 AM
    Pay me $1,000,000...no less and I'll go back to the Storm 1.
    03-18-10 09:13 AM
    the droid keyboard looks and feels very cheap..the whole phone is ugly.i will stick with my storm
    I never understand the "ugly" part. I've never looked at another person with a phone and said, "wow how can that person use such an ugly phone?" We've all looked at people and said, "whow how can that person date such an ugly girl/guy?" It works and it works well. It's not like you have a flip phone or a zach morris phone.

I loved my Storm 1 and loved everything it could do but moving to the Droid is a whole new world. What everyone said above is true.
    03-18-10 10:29 AM

1. Very easy.
    2. A lot lot better than the Storm
    2b Depends. A lot of websites detect it�s a phone�s browser and automatically switch to mobile view.
    2c. Yes, but not at this time. Gotta wait for the update.
    3. yes a ton of free useful applications. Paid ones are pretty much spot on, on price. Not to expensive.
    4. pretty dang good.
    5. yes very. Never going to a Blackberry again.
    6. push email for Yahoo
    7. push email for yahoo and better facebook app. That�s about all for now.
    03-18-10 10:37 AM
    I loved my Storm 1 and loved everything it could do but moving to the Droid is a whole new world. What everyone said above is true.
    Storm1 was good when it was good, and in defense of it.
    I will say this, and I know it's trivial.
    The one thing I do miss on the S1 is playing Tetris.
    The click screen did make a difference. But other than
    that no comparison.....
    03-18-10 10:38 AM
    i cant believe a storm user thinks another phone is cheap feeling when their phone feel like a "fisher price my first smartphone."

the droid is a nice solid phone and when you hold it it doesn't make squeak or crack noises like the storms ****ty plastic panels do.
    03-18-10 10:39 AM
    I will play a little devils advocate here

I miss my storm sometimes. Big thing is the sure press. I actually liked it. I miss being able to just touch the screen and not accidentally start an app. I actaully like the screen brightness better on the Storm. It just seems brighter. It is not as precise and more dumbed down in some respects but it is brighter.

My battery on the S1 was better too.

All that being said, I love the droid. I would rather have the same thing with no physical keyboard though. Depending on if Verizon gets the N1, I might look at switching.

The app support on the Droid kills the BB. I could not go back in that respect. I liked tweaking the Storm with Hybrids and such and the rooting of my Droid has been a lot of fun as well. Plus the roms are more of a "true" hybrid.

I worried about the email and the fact that I used my Storm for work. I kept reading that the BB was the only real device for business users. I call BS on that. The Touchdown App blows away anything the BB ever could do and it so much cheaper than the BB alternatives. I have not seen any real issues on on email push either. Is yahoo a little slower ... yes but it is still my primary email on the droid.

I will be going overseas in a month and I will be activating the Storm so I can have a smart phone in Europe. It will be an adjustment for sure but I know for a fact that the droid will be back in action when I return.
    03-18-10 01:26 PM
    I never understand the "ugly" part. I've never looked at another person with a phone and said, "wow how can that person use such an ugly phone?" We've all looked at people and said, "whow how can that person date such an ugly girl/guy?" It works and it works well. It's not like you have a flip phone or a zach morris phone.

I don't think Riot was "looking at someone elses" as ugly. I'm pretty sure that when he looked at it in a Verizon store, like myself, he found it to be visually displeasing. Its not really debatable because that's HIS opinion and your opinion is that the Droid is beautiful. Just because someone dislikes how something looks doesn't mean they look at other people with contempt like you put it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 10:58 PM
    When I got my storm, I loved it. That was years ago, now I love my droid, next? what is it going to be? It is just a phone, as I say, I will put it under my 3/4 ton Chevy, then throw rubber! What is left? Garbage! No matter what! In psych, we call it fixation, when someone defends inanimate objects to great degrees, just like a raccoon with shiny objects, it is not a hierarchy of intelligence, just a fixation, and unresolved conflict from childhood, no need to debate
    03-18-10 11:09 PM
    I'm one of those lucky ones who had a positive experience with the STORM1.
    I used it for a year with no major problems and it worked every day. Yes it reboots by itself sometimes and has a few other quirks, but it works and I never lost or missed a call in a year. However, last month I switched to the Droid Eris to see what the big deal was. While I was impressed with the android system it is completly different then BB. The internet experience was much better than BB. I was happy with the Android system but after 29 days I returned the Droid Eris and went back to the old Storm1. Mainly due to the Eris being to small and slow. Now I have to use my Storm until another android phone comes out that I like.

Returning to BB was like being with an old friend again. I know the STORM1 has way to many problems to keep using it much longer but it just feels so much better for me right now.

I think anyone interested in switching to another phone or operating system should just pick a phone and try it out. Only you will be able to determine if you like something. You can always switch back and it will only cost a few bucks.
    03-19-10 12:41 AM

my question is:

I have never received a Truncated email, it was one of the major issue's with my Storm 1 that irked the H** out of me. I do not miss it at all
    03-19-10 01:04 AM
    my droid is in my bottom desk drawer...I went back to my storm 2

go take one for the 15 day test drive. you won't look back. just don't get too frustrated in the first few days, as there is a learning curve...
    03-19-10 02:39 AM
    I agree with the other posts. Droid rules.

One thing that has pleased me: the Droid voice call quality at my house is better than the Storm1. Since the late 90's I have owned several Moto phones and one consistent thing about the ones I have owned is the voice call quality.

I have also noticed, that perhaps contributes to better calls, is that the reception at my house and around my area is a bit better.

Be Welll
    03-19-10 09:04 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD