04-05-20 02:32 PM
    I found this to be really well done based on owning a couple Passports and all I've read about the Titan. Hope everyone enjoys this and helps them make a decision.
    Grungni and PantherBlitz like this.
    04-05-20 02:34 PM
    Great video!

While I agree that the PP is clearly a better keyboard, I would call it a tie for my own personal typing experience.

I've had every variant of PP and the SE was by far my favorite. The color, back and the extra chin space made it much more comfortable to type on vs the OG PP. Titan has a very comfortable chin and is actually very comfortable and easy to type on other than the heft lol.

The reason(s) I never stuck with any PP was because of lack of apps (not PP's fault) and no alternate key options. I hated having to use the VKB to type punctuation marks. Talk about long key travel.....Coming from the Q10 and Classic, I had to have alternate key options.

The Titan's keyboard is actually a delight to type on! Sure I had to tweak it and use BlackBerry launcher and keyboard but having the alternate key options on the keys is really nice to have right at your fingertips. I have the "programmable button" set to pull up symbols but find myself using it less and less the more I type and get use to this keyboard layout.

The capacitive touch keyboard is hit and miss on the Titan. PP blows the Titan away in every way as far as the touch keyboard. The PP's touch keyboard was amazing and flawless and worked right every single time! Not to mention the double tap, then use the keypad to move the cursor to edit....amazing. I'm hoping the Titan's keyboard will get more features/updates as time goes on but we'll see.

Lastly. The top row of buttons. These are absolutely amazing to have. I used them a lot more than I thought I would. The fingerprint sensor acts as a home button which is really nice to have. The recent button is awesome to have there when switching between apps and the back button is nice to have right there on the keyboard vs traveling all the way up to the top left of the screen to go back. The shift and alt keys are pretty self explanatory, these get used just as much as most keys and are very convenient to have right on the keyboard.

The only negative thing I have to say about the Titan is the weight and thickness. It's a very heavy device and some won't like that but I'm used to it now and can type for a long time without fatigue.

At the end of the day, the PP is a lot more polished as far as keyboard and software but the Titan is not far behind once you set it up to your likings. It's apples and oranges imo.
    Grungni and The_Passporter like this.
    04-05-20 04:26 PM
    Great video!

While I agree that the PP is clearly a better keyboard, I would call it a tie for my own personal typing experience.

I've had every variant of PP and the SE was by far my favorite. The color, back and the extra chin space made it much more comfortable to type on vs the OG PP. Titan has a very comfortable chin and is actually very comfortable and easy to type on other than the heft lol.

The reason(s) I never stuck with any PP was because of lack of apps (not PP's fault) and no alternate key options. I hated having to use the VKB to type punctuation marks. Talk about long key travel.....Coming from the Q10 and Classic, I had to have alternate key options.

The Titan's keyboard is actually a delight to type on! Sure I had to tweak it and use BlackBerry launcher and keyboard but having the alternate key options on the keys is really nice to have right at your fingertips. I have the "programmable button" set to pull up symbols but find myself using it less and less the more I type and get use to this keyboard layout.

The capacitive touch keyboard is hit and miss on the Titan. PP blows the Titan away in every way as far as the touch keyboard. The PP's touch keyboard was amazing and flawless and worked right every single time! Not to mention the double tap, then use the keypad to move the cursor to edit....amazing. I'm hoping the Titan's keyboard will get more features/updates as time goes on but we'll see.

Lastly. The top row of buttons. These are absolutely amazing to have. I used them a lot more than I thought I would. The fingerprint sensor acts as a home button which is really nice to have. The recent button is awesome to have there when switching between apps and the back button is nice to have right there on the keyboard vs traveling all the way up to the top left of the screen to go back. The shift and alt keys are pretty self explanatory, these get used just as much as most keys and are very convenient to have right on the keyboard.

The only negative thing I have to say about the Titan is the weight and thickness. It's a very heavy device and some won't like that but I'm used to it now and can type for a long time without fatigue.

At the end of the day, the PP is a lot more polished as far as keyboard and software but the Titan is not far behind once you set it up to your likings. It's apples and oranges imo.
    This addition to my video really offers detailed feedback so to help people like me make a decision. Your review is excellent and I thank you for it.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-05-20 05:51 PM
    This addition to my video really offers detailed feedback so to help people like me make a decision. Your review is excellent and I thank you for it.
    Absolutely!

That's why we have great message boards like CB. I know I've searched around for whatever device I was interested at the time.

I'll help as long and as much as I can!
    The_Passporter likes this.
    04-05-20 05:54 PM
    Absolutely!

That's why we have great message boards like CB. I know I've searched around for whatever device I was interested at the time.

I'll help as long and as much as I can!
    I am working on a full review of the Titan but want to expand on the keyboard more. Not sure if I should put in in this thread or a new one but I'm taking my time to get it right cause I really like this phone.
    04-13-20 07:24 PM
    I am working on a full review of the Titan but want to expand on the keyboard more. Not sure if I should put in in this thread or a new one but I'm taking my time to get it right cause I really like this phone.
    I'd start a new thread.

I'm really liking my Titan as well. Have you found a way to wake the screen? I wish I could press the home button or space button to wake the screen and check the time and notifications.
    04-13-20 09:37 PM
    This is an awesome thread and a joy to read!

I have been mulling over purchasing a titan for awhile now, but can't seem to get my hands on one as I was not an early adopter. Still love my PPSE, however, I have given in to dual carrying for banking, etc.

Will there be another release for the Tiatan?

Posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    04-13-20 10:22 PM

I have been mulling over purchasing a titan for awhile now, but can't seem to get my hands on one as I was not an early adopter. Still love my PPSE, however, I have given in to dual carrying for banking, etc.

Well the best advice I can give you is if you like how the Passport feels for typing then that is one check mark. If you have strong hands I think that may help with the adjustment to the size and weight of the phone. This is considerably bigger then the Passport. After using the titan for two full days I picked up my Passport and thought, how slim and small it was lol. I think I still type more efficiently and quicker on my Passport but that's not to say I would not achieve the same speed but I doubt the same comfort due to weight and thickness.
    After installing a phone ring on the back I found the Titan more manageable on my pinky supporting fingers at the bottom of the phone. The updates have brought similar keyboard suite of symbols, characters, numbers and functions that the Blackberry keyboard did on the KEY series phones. I don't find anything is missing other then the touch sensitive keyboard for swipe up for words, editing or swipe back For delete. It does have swipe up or down to scroll pages up & down though.

One thing is for sure it's a big heavy phone and you will know that you are carrying it around and likely so will everyone else lol.

Just having it in my hands realizing it's the closest thing to what ive been waiting for rings bells.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 04-14-20 at 05:09 AM.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-13-20 10:43 PM
    I have both, the titan is rather heavy, and they keyboard is a bit stiffer than the passport. its an ok typing experience but not as good as a standard passport and no where near a passport SE.

The titan is a good attempt and I had to try it, but it will be my backup android device, not my daily driver.

I still use my passport 2020 the firefox browser 68 is the fastest browser. Its actually really good. There are many ways I still use the passport its an amazing device.

here is me playing wow classic on my passport

04-14-20 12:21 AM

I think they're available directly from Unihertz right now. I ordered mine and it came within in a couple of days despite not having any tracking info lol.

I have dual carried for as long as I could remember. A trustry Classic and whatever other device I was into at the time (usually a iPhone).

The Titan is closest thing so far that has made me want to carry one device and one device only.

Good Luck and keep us posted!
    moosbb likes this.
    04-14-20 12:28 AM

Just having it in my hands realizing it's the closest thing to what ive been waiting for rings bells.
    Exactly. I've always wanted a PPSE running on Android and I think this is the closest we're going to get to it. It's really nice to have all the apps and things without having to sideload, etc.....
    moosbb likes this.
    04-14-20 12:34 AM
    I concur
    Exactly. I've always wanted a PPSE running on Android and I think this is the closest we're going to get to it. It's really nice to have all the apps and things without having to sideload, etc.....
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-14-20 04:38 AM
    I see they are available now. Pricing isn't too bad and I'm glad to see it is still successful. My main concern is the weight and size. The PPSE is very easy to put in a jacket pocket or briefcase.

I guess, in a way, I am not too satisfied with the PKB experience through android. Even on the Key2 it feels like an add-on and just isn't as intuitive. I'm aware I may be repeating a shared sentiment here.

I really appreciate the input from the community here. I'll mull it over a bit more before I pull the trigger on the Titan purchase. I feel I may need to do some more personal research.

04-14-20 09:24 AM
    I see they are available now. Pricing isn't too bad and I'm glad to see it is still successful. My main concern is the weight and size. The PPSE is very easy to put in a jacket pocket or briefcase.

I guess, in a way, I am not too satisfied with the PKB experience through android. Even on the Key2 it feels like an add-on and just isn't as intuitive. I'm aware I may be repeating a shared sentiment here.

I really appreciate the input from the community here. I'll mull it over a bit more before I pull the trigger on the Titan purchase. I feel I may need to do some more personal research.

I think you will like this post that shows the Kika virtual keyboard in more detail.

/android-f169/i-have-unihertz-titan-ama-1179826-post13508955/
    04-14-20 12:16 PM

There are a few video reviews on You Tube which might help with your decision making...
    04-14-20 12:22 PM
    Many thanks for the videos! I'm watching them now...

Grungni likes this.
    04-14-20 12:24 PM
    Many thanks for the videos! I'm watching them now...

Yes. For a very capable daily driver with a PKB, the Titan rocks. It's still a little rough around the edges but is getting better with every update. I think the Titan will be a very polished device in a few months as long as the support continues. The price is just icing on the cake. At <$350, you're getting a lot of bang for your buck.

It's no BlackBerry.....but nothing is. It's no shock that BlackBerry keyboards are so awesome and polished. They're amazing imo. I'm literally in shock every time I pick up my Classic and feel the amazing keyboard and awesome software.
    Grungni and The_Passporter like this.
    04-14-20 12:58 PM
    Who has achieved the same typing speed and accuracy on the Titan as they did on the Passport?

I feel like I am 90-95% there at the present time
    05-13-20 11:16 AM
    Who has achieved the same typing speed and accuracy on the Titan as they did on the Passport?

I feel like I am 90-95% there at the present time
    Which is what btw? Just curious.

I'm at a consistent 60wpm on my KEY².

Although I only had it for 2 months, I had trouble ever getting above 40wpm on the Titan.

Although I'll confess that even on the Passport, which obviously has a far superior keyboard (and better weight and balance) to the Titan, I was still hovering only around 50wpm due to the increased thumb travel.
    Last edited by conite; 05-13-20 at 11:39 AM.
    05-13-20 11:23 AM
    Which is what btw? Just curious.

I'm at a consistent 60wpm on my KEY².

Although I only had it for 2 months, I had trouble ever getting above 40wpm on the Titan.

Although I'll confess that even on the Passport, which obviously has a far superior keyboard (and better weight and balance) to the Titan, I was still hovering only around 50wpm due to the increased thumb travel.
    I would say that whatever speed you were at on the Passport would be rated at 100% Setting the bar. I haven't timed myself yet and not sure of the most effective way to do so. Lmk if there is an app to time this.

All I do know is when I was in my prime on my Passport I would not have to pause and would be able to thrash away on the keyboard endlessly. As an estimated guess I would say I'm at 90% on the Titan but would love to get an accurate speed test done.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 05-13-20 at 08:53 PM.
    05-13-20 08:37 PM
    I would say that whatever speed you were at on the Passport would be rated at 100% Setting the bar. I haven't timed myself yet and not sure of the most effective way to do so. Lmk if there is an app to time this.

All I do know is when I was in my prime on my Passport I would not have to pause and would be able to thrash away on the keyboard endlessly. As an estimated guess I would say I'm at 90% on the Titan but would love to get an accurate speed test done.
    The best true test is to set a two minute timer and then type out a story, being careful to use both small and large words. Only count those words that are spelled correctly, and then divide by two.
    05-13-20 09:11 PM
    Still waiting for my Security update but my titan is rocking hard. This Passport replacement is God sent and I love it and all its Passport like qualities.

Hopefully we get the security update with Android 10 this month
    mh1983 likes this.
    10-15-20 07:27 AM