BB Inbox used to work very nicely, almost like my BBOS 10. BUT, I updated the app last week and that was a huge mistake. Now, when I tap on a text message, Inbox only opens the Messages app, not the individual text message like it used to. I believe this function was broken in the update. Is there a way to find the older version of the Blackberry Inbox app?
    05-07-22 02:08 PM
    My messages still open to the individual message and yes, tested on a Titan Pocket with the latest Hub inbox update. Whether it opens to the individual message or just the inbox is most likely due to the particular permissioning and security features configured on your device. For example, some messages may be marked as spam and your phone may not open it directly as a feature. A app you run (say an anti-virus) might also be preventing the message being opened in one click. With all the potential combination of phones, security suites and permission configuration options out there, it unfortunately is a test-and-see situation to see what might work.
    WaffleusRex likes this.
    05-07-22 02:31 PM
    BB Inbox used to work very nicely, almost like my BBOS 10. BUT, I updated the app last week and that was a huge mistake. Now, when I tap on a text message, Inbox only opens the Messages app, not the individual text message like it used to. I believe this function was broken in the update. Is there a way to find the older version of the Blackberry Inbox app?
    The HUB doesn't have and never has had an SMS client. It always opens an external app.
    05-07-22 03:06 PM
    The HUB doesn't have and never has had an SMS client. It always opens an external app.
    Conite, I understand that, but my problem is different. My issue is that before, BB Inbox would open the desired text in Messages. Now, it just opens Messages without opening the specific text message.

Ph1llip, I'll look into that. I did have a couple of messages I marked as spam. Maybe I'll see if deleting those messages fixes the issue. I think I have permissions set up right, but Android is horribly complicated when it comes to allowing apps and setting permissions. I'm still grieving over the loss of BBOS 10, one of the best phone OS I've ever experienced. That will be hard for me to get over!
    05-07-22 04:54 PM
    Okay, deleting the spam texts didn't help.

Inbox permissions: No permissions denied.

Blackberry Hub/Services: No permissions denied.

Other than updating a few apps, I haven't changed anything recently. That said, sometimes Android changes things for me which I absolutely hate.
    05-07-22 04:59 PM
    Okay, seems to be resolved. I uninstalled a phone blocker which seemed to have updated on me yesterday. I thought I had automatic updates off.... I'll have to check.

I hate Android. At least Android 11.
    05-07-22 07:14 PM
    Okay, seems to be resolved. I uninstalled a phone blocker which seemed to have updated on me yesterday. I thought I had automatic updates off.... I'll have to check.

I hate Android. At least Android 11.
    Yeah, just as I thought. BTW, when you update the Play Store app, the new version usually (but not always) enables automatic updates by default, so if you manually update it, go into the settings and uncheck "automatic update" as soon as it's done.
    05-08-22 12:23 PM
    @Ph1llip, okay not completely resolved yet. BB Inbox will open current daily text messages directly, but not messages from previous days.
    05-09-22 08:09 AM
    okay, here is what I'm observing so far:
    from BB Inbox
    1) opens text from current day correctly as expected.
    2) tap on text from previous day, only open messaging app, not actual message.
    3) if a message from the current day is already open in the messaging app, and I tap on a message from a previous day in BB Inbox, it goes directly to the message currently open instead. It's like BB Inbox is having trouble "finding" messages from previous days.
    05-09-22 04:54 PM
    from BB Inbox
    3) if a message from the current day is already open in the messaging app, and I tap on a message from a previous day in BB Inbox, it goes directly to the message currently open instead. It's like BB Inbox is having trouble "finding" messages from previous days.
    That's exactly the way it behaves on my KEY² as well.
    05-09-22 05:51 PM
    from BB Inbox
    Same her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-06-23 11:22 AM
    Same her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's actually been that way since way before this thread started a little over a year ago. This has been standard behavior since about 2019. The Inbox will directly open any new text in a mini version of the app, but open any previously opened text into the main text list.

That's just the way it is and it ain't changin' anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    07-06-23 01:13 PM
    It's actually been that way since way before this thread started a little over a year ago. This has been standard behavior since about 2019. The Inbox will directly open any new text in a mini version of the app, but open any previously opened text into the main text list.

That's just the way it is and it ain't changin' anytime soon.

anytime soon... so there is hope?
    07-06-23 01:18 PM
    anytime soon... so there is hope?

07-06-23 01:19 PM