I went in to ask why my data was kicking in and out all day and the lady asked me when was the last time I tried a battery pull! Seriously I got the htc hero, so what does a battery pull matter. She began to explain how batterypull fixes 99% of all issues. I laughed and told her to drop that pearl and get a real phone. She got mad then i told her to check my whole account and see i have two bb phones and the hero. Then I asked for the tech. She got mad again and said she knew as much as him. Then he stepped up and told her he would handle my problem. He laughed and said bb had ruined all his sales assoicates.
    What will she ever do if they get a cdma iphone..... I want to see her pry a battery out of an iphone. He laughed and said good point

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 08:40 PM
    Let me tell you, the blackberry Storm ruined my experience for good. I am never going to own another RIM product ever. I will chop my hands off before one of those things touches me again hahaha.
    12-17-09 09:07 PM
    what blackberry is doing to the smartphone is the same thing that MTV has done to the music video.
    12-17-09 09:37 PM
    you obviously have not used the strom 2 ... I have never done a battery pull on it and the only time I did one on the storm 1 was when I was running a leaked OS

what blackberry is doing to the smartphone is the same thing that MTV has done to the music video.
    12-17-09 11:10 PM
    you obviously have not used the strom 2 ... I have never done a battery pull on it and the only time I did one on the storm 1 was when I was running a leaked OS
    My aunt has the Storm2 and the Droid is far more superior than the Storm2
    12-17-09 11:22 PM
    That is a GOOD analogy. I just downloaded corporate directory by Motorola inc. in the market place...talk about going above and beyond a BB in exchange ***kicking.
    12-17-09 11:50 PM
    actually i have one sitting here in a drawer that i was using before i got my droid. its a complete peice of ****.

i keep it around just in case something happens to my droid and i need a phone for a few days.

its the 3rd one i had to get within the 3 weeks due to manufacturer defects.
    12-18-09 10:39 AM
    Are you kidding me, with the .76 OS I used to do three pulls a day and everytime it drained 10% of my battery so I was losing more battery with pulls then talking on the phone. It's just a pretty phone to look at and that's it. Functionality on it is crap. God forbid you download too many apps on it, you'll be pulling the battery 20 times a day
    12-18-09 02:03 PM
    Sounds like a personal problem

12-18-09 02:08 PM
    Well, that's not all BlackBerry's. All I see compared is the Storm. Which personally I think they suck. I use a Tour. Hardly do a battery pull to fix any problems. HTC isn't suppose to do a battery pull to begin with, that's like your PC getting unplugged. BAD. Battery pull was RIM's way to get the system back in order. So they didn't ruin smartphones, people are just stupid and don't read up on other devices. That's why there is techs and sales. Smart people go to the tech section of any cell store.

12-18-09 02:31 PM
    And what's the first thing a tech does with ANY phone? They pull the battery, doesn't matter what kind of phone it is. Why do they do that? Because Blackberry has brainwashed everyone into that being the first thing to try.
    12-18-09 02:38 PM
    I know people with tours who returned the phone 5 times too...and the little ball stops working etc. Blackberry needs to step it up.
    12-18-09 02:39 PM
    Well, that's not all BlackBerry's. All I see compared is the Storm. Which personally I think they suck. I use a Tour. Hardly do a battery pull to fix any problems. HTC isn't suppose to do a battery pull to begin with, that's like your PC getting unplugged. BAD. Battery pull was RIM's way to get the system back in order. So they didn't ruin smartphones, people are just stupid and don't read up on other devices. That's why there is techs and sales. Smart people go to the tech section of any cell store.

Agreed. For every person here that has problems with a blackberry, there are a ton of others that have never had a problem. I am on my first storm 2 and love it no problems no battery pulls. BlackBerry is the reason I came to smartphones in the first place and they are great!
    12-18-09 02:41 PM
    I wouldn't say that BlackBerry has brainwashed people. People are just stupid and assume that's how its done cause BlackBerry does it that way.

@alboboy, I agree, RIM does need to step it up. I'm not too happy with the performance of my trackball as its sticks sometimes. But as far as returning it 5 times, that's because they kept getting first shipment, so yeah, that would have ruined my experience.

As far as ruining smartphones, no. BlackBerry was the innovation to the smartphone, bringing email to your device.

12-18-09 02:51 PM
    .76 OS? your referring to the storm 1
    I dont have any problems with my storm 2 but running into issues with the moto droid

Are you kidding me, with the .76 OS I used to do three pulls a day and everytime it drained 10% of my battery so I was losing more battery with pulls then talking on the phone. It's just a pretty phone to look at and that's it. Functionality on it is crap. God forbid you download too many apps on it, you'll be pulling the battery 20 times a day
    12-18-09 02:55 PM

As far as ruining smartphones, no. BlackBerry was the innovation to the smartphone, bringing email to your device.

i can agree with this they WERE an innovative company but as of lately they cant keep up with the market.

Dusenburg was an innovative company too but look how many cars they produce these days.
    12-18-09 02:56 PM
    I have both, and I had the storm 1.. each has their own strengths and weaknesses, personally I prefer to play on the toy (droid) but will only do email on the storm2

My aunt has the Storm2 and the Droid is far more superior than the Storm2
    12-18-09 02:57 PM
    BlackBerry was the innovation to the smartphone, bringing email to your device.
    Acually Blackberry was hardly inovating...

The first smart phone was called Simon; it was designed by IBM in 1992 and shown as a concept product that year at COMDEX, the computer industry trade show held in Las Vegas, Nevada. It was released to the public in 1993 and sold by Bell South. Besides being a mobile phone, it also contained a calendar, address book, world clock, calculator, note pad, e-mail, send and receive fax, and games. It had no physical buttons to dial with. Instead customers used a touch-screen to select phone numbers with a finger or create facsimiles and memos with an optional stylus. Text was entered with a unique on-screen "predictive" keyboard. By today's standards, the Simon would be a fairly low-end product; however, its feature set at the time was incredibly advanced.
    10 years later, in 2002, blackberry FOLLOWED! lol....
    12-18-09 02:59 PM
    Storm 2 has problems with its wifi there was articles on it, and the internet isnt so great. It's an improvement from the first one but I wouldn't repeat the same mistake I made when I got it.

Maybe blackberry brought e-mail to smartphones, but I feel like other smartphones are the students that surpassed the master

Same has happened in a lot of fields, even with cars. You introduce something, but you have to be the best at it constantly. The iphone came out with their app store and that's the only reason people get iphones cause of the endless apps not for anything else
    12-18-09 02:59 PM
    Before anyone flames me, I know BB was second in optimizing the smart phone for email wireless, but that was a year after the palm had already been ther and done that in 2001.
    Source...wikipedia....so I could be wrong!
    12-18-09 03:15 PM
    @johnly, you sure it was 10 years later BlackBerry came around and copied? I'm sure RIM was back in 1984.

12-18-09 03:17 PM
    @johnly, you sure it was 10 years later BlackBerry came around and copied? I'm sure RIM was back in 1984.

My source is only wiki. I haven't cared enough (though I care) to do actual research on the matter but if you have some good sources stating otherwise, enlighten us please I thought BB just had the best marketing success, but not the first. Was RIM in 84 with wireless email?
    Last edited by johnly; 12-18-09 at 03:21 PM. Reason: insert question
    12-18-09 03:20 PM
    Well, wiki is my source also. RIM was founded in 1984, releasing 2 way devices and portable email devices in 1995. So, Simon did get out before them. You have it there. In 1998 is when RIM was officially announced and in 2000, started shipping devices. One year before Palm.

But I still say they were innovative as they survived and did the marketing just right. Stated in the link below, "84% growth".

Research In Motion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12-18-09 03:35 PM
    BlackBerry is a line of wireless mobile device that was introduced in 1999 as a two-way pager. In 2002 the more commonly known smartphone BlackBerry was released
    BlackBerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prior to the manufacture of the BlackBerry, RIM worked with RAM Mobile Data and Ericsson to turn the Ericsson-developed Mobitex wireless data network into a two-way paging and wireless e-mail network. Pivotal in this development was the release of the Inter@ctive pager 950, which started shipping in August 2000. About the size of a bar of soap, this device competed against the SkyTel two-way paging network developed by Motorola
    Last edited by zyiro; 12-18-09 at 03:45 PM.
    12-18-09 03:42 PM
    My point was that most every bb on the market requires battery pulls. Not all smartphones are equal. What happens when someone makes a smartphone so it has to be shut down like a pc.......anyone ever had to full restore a pc after a power outage......I have lost everything even some expensive programs I no longer had functioning cd roms for. One day the famed battery pull will cost them dearly. How would a tech even dream of pulling a battery on an iphone the battery is inside the casing you can't pull it. I hear dell is making a droid device wonder if it will be a easy battery yanker or require shut down first.

12-18-09 03:53 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD