Can anyone give some comparison between Blackberry and Android phone?
    Please give me the reasons I should keep to stick with my blackberry.

Thanks
    01-22-10 12:52 PM
    You've already bought your blackberry. Without knowing more about how you use your phone it's pretty hard to say much more than that.
    01-22-10 12:59 PM
    There are ton of threads on this already.

This is the way i look it
    1) every smart phone isn't for everyone (yes RIM is in the bucket to)
    2) you need to find someone you know and ask to play with their android phone, and see how you like it
    3) if you need to be talked in to staying with your current phone. You already have you mind made up. and chances are you will not like the answers you read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 12:59 PM
    There's a android subforum here. Go there to find more about it
    01-22-10 01:11 PM
    Personally, I wanted a better browser and a phone that didn't have constant memory issues. I email a lot but only two accounts - Gmail and exchange, both of which Android handles phenomenally well.

Android was a no-brainer.

01-22-10 01:59 PM

Thanks
    here's a link to kevin's android review. Droid Hands-On Video, Smartphone Round Robin | CrackBerry.com

that is a review of android from a blackberry perspective and should give you all the reasons you need to stick with your blackberry. enjoy.
    01-22-10 02:28 PM
    Thanks a lot for the responses, these are really great information.
    I did play some android phones. Personaly, I like my blackberry more, (it may be because I used to it). Somehow the market shows the different direction. The Android phone have more and more market share, and so many android phone will come out. Hopefully, blackberry will keep moving on, and provide more excellent devices.
    01-22-10 02:53 PM
    The RIM/BB symbiote hurts them, in my opinion. Devices by Motorola, Samsung, HTC have various types of Android support.

You like Samsung but hate Android? Try a WinMo Samsumg Omnia. Like Android but hate Motorola? Grab an Ers.

Like the BB Curve but hate RIM? Sucks for you.

01-22-10 03:34 PM
    here's a link to kevin's android review. Droid Hands-On Video, Smartphone Round Robin | CrackBerry.com

that is a review of android from a blackberry perspective and should give you all the reasons you need to stick with your blackberry. enjoy.
    I really saw nothing in that video that would make someone "stay" with Blackberry, particularly the Storm 1 as I have not used the Storm 2. If anything, a BB user would come out of that video with more of a neutral view than anything negative.
    01-22-10 03:58 PM
    I'm not gonna lie. I just switched from a Tour to a Droid. I could not be happier. I'm also a heavy internet user, and a heavy g-mail user, so for me it was an obvious switch. The full Google integration is what I wanted, and it works awesome. The app selection is a million times better than the App Store on the BB. The device in general is just a lot faster, smoother, and more functional. That said, if your #1 priority is enterprise email alone, I would see that as a good reason for sticking with BB. Other than that, Droid trumps in almost every way, IMO
    01-22-10 06:01 PM

Thanks

I'm not sure if you need to feel some sort of validation of BB ownership or not but the reasons to go from a __________ to a Droid seem limitless to me....

Applications/Droid market seem vastly superior....
    Take Mobile Defense for instance.
    -It gets EXACTLY my location down to the actual address...

Fluidity is swift and efficient on a Moto Droid.
    I get ZERO lag at all times. The phone is ready to go.
    Screen quality/browser capabilities are much better in every way.

Email:
    Contrary to what the BB fanboys want you to think...
    My gmail pushes email just about if not the same as my previous BB.
    I can also use Google Talk to chat (via data not SMS)
    I can setup ALL of my other email addys to a gmail account, and that gmail account will push them to the Droid easily and quickly.

The Droid will only get better.....whereas BB's are using the same old tired a$$ operating system which is light years behind Android -IMO-

I don't miss battery pulls...
    I don't miss checking on app memory...
    I don't miss the glitches (even though they were random)

I don't see these issues on my Droid. PERIOD.
    Heavy usage doesn't bog the phone down.

2.1 will improve upon an already stable and successful OS design.

A BlackBerry is limited.
    It's best asset is its email.
    Browser=meh.
    texting=meh
    GPS=crap
    Speakerphone=subpar (when measured against the Droid)
    Call quality is pure on my Droid.

Yeah, my old BB Storm can kiss my a$$

Oh, and one thing you might want to know about security:
    It's only a matter of time before someone, some program infiltrates your hardware
    IF someone truly wants what they are looking/sniffing for...
    Nothing is secure.
    Last edited by SilvioBenussi; 01-23-10 at 03:23 AM.
    01-23-10 03:21 AM
    Battery life; the main reason I chose the Tour over the HTC Hero. No matter how great a network or os can be, it's meaningless without battery power! Besides, give Android time to mature. Best of luck!

01-23-10 02:09 PM
    Battery life; the main reason I chose the Tour over the HTC Hero. No matter how great a network or os can be, it's meaningless without battery power! Besides, give Android time to mature. Best of luck!

12-16 hours is poor battery? My tour was about the same. So I wouldnt say the battery life is bad. And to be honest my tour was crappy with VZW's last official OS update.
    01-23-10 06:03 PM
    12-16 hours is poor battery? My tour was about the same. So I wouldnt say the battery life is bad. And to be honest my tour was crappy with VZW's last official OS update.
    How are you getting 12+ hrs on an HTC Hero? The people I've spoken with can't get that much out of a single charge (they consider themselves moderate to heavy data ususers and texters).
    Given my work days are 12+ hrs, the stamina of the Tour sold me on the deal. If this estimated battery life is true for the Hero, I may still have been thinking things over;oh well doesn"t matter - the OP will get the right handset for themselves in the end.

01-23-10 09:18 PM
    The web site is called Crackberry!!!!
    01-23-10 10:24 PM

The post over your head went over your head

Android is already mature, a seasoned veteran and comes up clutch every time.
    Thee ole BB? -Paperweight mode- X's 9,000!!!!

My battery power with heavy usage comes out to be just under 10 hours....
    HEAVY usage

Suffice to say learning how to charge your battery properly not only lengthens battery life
    but makes the battery last longer (Pro Tip)

Streaming
    DL-ing
    chatting
    GPS
    Web Browsing
    Talk Time

It does everything well, and ALL together, not one at a time.
    (like a BB) Customizations are limitless.

A BB?
    -Enjoy your amateur skin Fail-
    with turbo memory leak mode as well.

It's like The Droid is Mohammad Ali then...
    and a BB is Mohammad Ali now...

Irony.
    01-25-10 04:09 PM
    How are you getting 12+ hrs on an HTC Hero? The people I've spoken with can't get that much out of a single charge (they consider themselves moderate to heavy data ususers and texters).
    Given my work days are 12+ hrs, the stamina of the Tour sold me on the deal. If this estimated battery life is true for the Hero, I may still have been thinking things over;oh well doesn"t matter - the OP will get the right handset for themselves in the end.

Having both a Hero and a Bold 9k, I can say that both batteries have the staying power I need. I average an 11 hour work day and still have room to spare on both. (Actually, the Hero does better as I have to keep my Bold on EDGE all day to push it that far.) I use both equally throughout the day and one or the other is regularly in use. It did take a few days of tempering the hero battery to get to that point, but I always do that so maybe some people you've heard from didnt?

All I know is battery life is not a whammy for the Hero.
    01-26-10 08:16 AM
    Personally I updated to the Droid last night and I am taking it back tomorrow and getting the Storm 2...The Battery life Sucks..Haven't used the phone for a whole 12 hrs yet and already is Dead..I had the Tour and wanted something with a bigger screen..The Verizon guys said this was better..I just don't agree..Also, having to unlock everytime a call or message comes in..Too much to answer or place a call..Sure the Web Browsing is alittle faster..The only thing good is the Slide keyboard but not that great to keep the phone..
    01-26-10 04:04 PM
    Personally I updated to the Droid last night and I am taking it back tomorrow and getting the Storm 2...The Battery life Sucks..Haven't used the phone for a whole 12 hrs yet and already is Dead..I had the Tour and wanted something with a bigger screen..The Verizon guys said this was better..I just don't agree..Also, having to unlock everytime a call or message comes in..Too much to answer or place a call..Sure the Web Browsing is alittle faster..The only thing good is the Slide keyboard but not that great to keep the phone..
    Enjoy your storm 2
    01-26-10 04:25 PM
    FYI, every one runs their battery down the first week or so. Of course so, you are playing around with it and getting use to the OS and settings and how to save the battery. I was very disappointed the first couple days too, now my battery lasts at least 18 hours.

Slide to answer is no more difficult than pressing the send key, or unlock button and send key on a BB?

Come back when you have more legit complaints, k?
    01-26-10 04:43 PM
    battery life improves after the first few charge cycles and getting everything configured, 12hrs isn't really a long enough time to evaluate it. but it's possible you could have a bad battery.

there's a free app called screenmodewidget that let's you bypass the screen lock.

there's a free app called home++ that will put the phone icon at the bottom of your screen so you can access it quickly from where ever you are.

browsing isn't only a little faster, but it's a completely fuller browsing experience than anything blackberry has to offer on any of their phones.

all of that said, the droid is probably too much phone in your hands, suzi. the storm2 will probably be a better fit in terms of being on the familiar blackberry platform. make sure you try out the touch/click screen for a while in the store, that's really the only thing you might have to adjust to coming from the tour. good luck!
    01-26-10 04:50 PM
    I have an 8900 and wife a Droid which (I use too). For browsing there's no comparison. For email/txt they are very good, even imo. For telephone they are pretty similar. The voice Google search is nice on the Droid. GPS Droid wins, but 8900 is adequate and we don't use it much. I think the BB is simpler/more intuitive to operate, but that could be 'cause I've used them longer. You decide.
    01-26-10 05:21 PM
    I have an 8900 and wife a Droid which (I use too). For browsing there's no comparison. For email/txt they are very good, even imo. For telephone they are pretty similar. The voice Google search is nice on the Droid. GPS Droid wins, but 8900 is adequate and we don't use it much. I think the BB is simpler/more intuitive to operate, but that could be 'cause I've used them longer. You decide.
    Since this thread is about Android devices and not just the Droid, I'll mention that my wife's HTC Magic/MyTouch has decent battery life, and the OS seems smooth and intuitive. I've had a Curve for about two years, and I'm not planning on switching in the immediate future, just because I really don't need to. But I find the Android OS very appealing, and the performance of the Magic/MyTouch, which isn't as powerful as the Droid, is still better than my 8900. Not only do web pages look better on the Magic/MyTouch, they load faster.

Ubizmo
    01-26-10 05:56 PM
    My girlfriend has a mytouch 3g. It's fun but my 9700 is much faster and more stable. It's a fun phone though.
    01-26-10 06:21 PM
    Well, I got rid of the Droid and have the Storm 2..My complaints were legit and I can Hear the person on the other end of the phone now too...The touch/click is not a big deal...And its sooo nice to be able to pick up the phone and with minimal hassle operate and answer a call.. Yes I like the Blackberry Platform and the battery life will be a whole better...Very happy...
    01-27-10 07:53 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD