I keep waiting to hear about the one problem with the Incredible that will just plain kill it, but nothing's come up yet. Oh, there are some glitches, like not taking stellar pictures in the dark, landscape mode not working for all apps, short battery life, yadda yadda. But nothing lurking in the dark that will nuke the device's reputation has come up, like the instability with Storm 1, or the muffled call clarity with the Tour.

And, I suspect, nothing will. By all accounts, the Incredible is a real keeper. You'd figure that the OS would be pretty stable by this time, since it's been spread across so many different phones. And you also figure that HTC has had lots of time to listen to their customers, so they know what features are really key, and they've worked diligently to make them work right.

But no biggies.

So, aside from the relatively marginal differences compared to other phones which support Android and maybe even Sense that might, for example, keep a Droid user from getting an Incredible, what are the issues that would make you return the Incredible in a fit of anger? I don't mean problems with the local VZW dealership. I mean problems with the device itself. What things irk you so much that you just can't WAIT to get rid of this stinkin' Incredible?

I would imagine the list is pretty short. My sense is that the Incredible is really a well thought out device that might possibly be a game changer.
    05-02-10 09:58 AM
    From what I'm hearing the poor battery life might be the killer issue but who knows. Maybe folks can live with charging the phone several times a day.
    05-02-10 10:07 AM
    Just look at the Storm and Tour forums and you'll find your answer there. There are already a few topics about people returning their Incredibles.

Personally, I could not imagine returning the Incredible for a Storm or any BB again, unless someone's IT department changed their mind for some reason.

The battery is a big issue for most of us, but I'm just holding out for a bigger extended battery to hit the market -- not returning the phone. hehehe
    05-02-10 10:44 AM
    return rates are pretty high for the Incredible right now. I was just at Verizon and there were 2 guys waiting in line to return them! yikes!
    05-02-10 01:07 PM
    return rates are pretty high for the Incredible right now.
    stats to back up this claim? ....or just speculation?

people were saying the same thing about the droid when it was released.
    05-02-10 01:12 PM
    i highly doubt that returns rates are high. The battery issue is the only real thing that would be a deal breaker i think. Whats nice about the system is it tells you what is using the battery. Like yesterday meebo has the highest consumption by far for me, so today i stopped using it. Battery is better so far but not stellar and this is with an extended battery.

People have to give some time to really evaluate the device as a whole.
    05-02-10 01:20 PM
    What about how hot it gets. I have read multiple accounts that under fair to heavy usage the battery gets hot enough to almost burn you. Like I said have read maybe 10 accounts of that situation on different tech blogs and websites. Is that true or are they exaggerating a bit.

Oh and have also heard camera quality is worse then some 3.2mp phone cameras on the market as well any truth to that.
    05-02-10 01:28 PM
    people need to stop complaining about battery life. Honestly , there is not a time that most of us , if not all are not by a computer or a charger at any give time. We cant expect better graphics and faster processors and bigger screens and then complain about the battery life. the incredible is an amazing device, battery life for now day devices is pretty standard.
    05-02-10 01:30 PM
    What about how hot it gets. I have read multiple accounts that under fair to heavy usage the battery gets hot enough to almost burn you. Like I said have read maybe 10 accounts of that situation on different tech blogs and websites. Is that true or are they exaggerating a bit.

Oh and have also heard camera quality is worse then some 3.2mp phone cameras on the market as well any truth to that.
    this entire post is B.S. lol.
    05-02-10 01:43 PM
    hey just what i have read. on twitter posts for tech sites, as well as comments on articles on tech sites.
    05-02-10 01:45 PM
    i havent seen any reports of hotness like that. Sure the device might get warm when charging or under heavy use....so does every other phone though
    05-02-10 01:51 PM
    hey just what i have read. on twitter posts for tech sites, as well as comments on articles on tech sites.
    i understand that. didn't mean offense to you. however, the content of your post - the rumors, the complaints - is, at most, a collection of rare instances slammed together to sound like the sky is falling on the Incredible.

the only way the camera is worse than 3.2 mp cameras is if the cameras are defective.

i'd have to believe that the batteries are bad if they're frying hands.

my battery life kind of sucks, but overall performance is excellent.
    05-02-10 01:52 PM
    return rates are pretty high for the Incredible right now. I was just at Verizon and there were 2 guys waiting in line to return them! yikes!
    That is pure BS. The stores in our town can't keep enough of them in stock. They are selling very well.

These phones are getting more stuff on them and when you do that, battery life will suffer. The extended battery will take care of this issue.
    05-02-10 01:58 PM
    Battery life is fine, it has been getting better with each day. Day 1, lasted 7 hours. Day 2, lasted 12. Day 3, 3 hours at 80%. Only complaint from me is no bedside mode (at least not for free). I had to purchase an app for $1.79 to have the same thing as I did on my Tour. Not too big of a deal, since I spent more than that on bbalert and buzzmepro. My email comes in faster than it did on my bb (gmail account), I have swype set up and it is absolutely amazing, and overall it is just plain fun to use the phone compared to the bb. I was playing a game on my phone for 2 hours while charging. The battery got warm and when I put it in my pocket, I could feel it giving off a warm sensation. This was no were near burning hot though. It is just normal running apps while charging warm.
    05-02-10 02:07 PM
    odds are it will be hotter then normal just due to the back of the device being plastic. And of course battery life will be better over time , you dont use it as much as you do from day 1-7
    05-02-10 02:10 PM
    Every device has issues but the incredible from jump street has been a winner. It's performance has been nothing but stellar! I have owned quite a few smart phones any the incredible is the best so far.
    05-02-10 02:48 PM
    people need to stop complaining about battery life. Honestly , there is not a time that most of us , if not all are not by a computer or a charger at any give time. We cant expect better graphics and faster processors and bigger screens and then complain about the battery life. the incredible is an amazing device, battery life for now day devices is pretty standard.

... or we could hope the battery companies making newer stronger batteries to keep up. It's not like they've hit the terminal peak of battery life.
    Last edited by gotblackberry; 05-02-10 at 02:59 PM.
    05-02-10 02:57 PM
    Lol. The killer for me is that it isn't a BB. Just kidding. I have only heard good things so far. I'm not really impressed with it, but it seems like a lot of people are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 03:02 PM
    Have had mine since last thursday. Yep, i'll be getting the best extended battery i can find when they come out, but no way i'm returning this. My understanding from my iphone friends is that they charge their phones every night and i see them docked during at least part of ghe day. I wouldnt expect my laptop to run all day.
    You can see the auto-correct is kind of lacking as well as spell check. I also have ran into some issues with contact mgmt, but not deal breakers.
    The camera is great.
    05-02-10 03:36 PM
    I will argue against battery life and temperature.... I am a pretty heavy user of my incredible....to test out temperature, I downloaded temp monitor...and throughout my heavy use, the phone has never gotten above 35C. So, no it does not get hot...

As far as battery life.... its not battery life that is the issue...the issue is HTC should have included a battery that's at least 1750mah to power this work horse....with that said...as I mentioned, I am a heavy user and still get at least 12 hours.

I love my incredible and no one will pry it from me.

05-02-10 03:49 PM
    As far as battery life.... its not battery life that is the issue...the issue is HTC should have included a battery that's at least 1750mah to power this work horse....
    +1

The evo is really going to suffer with the big screen and 4g unless they put a bigger battery in it. That phone might need to come with an extended battery out of the box...
    05-02-10 05:41 PM
    The EVO will come with a 1500 mah battery which is the same as the one on the 9700. I don't think its battery power will be as bad as the Incredible's. Then again, it's on Sprint so it will constantly be searching for more bars. LOL
    That's barely a bigger battery than the incredibles...and it doesn't have 4g or a big screen. You might also want to check out the type of battery life Hd2 users are getting...

A 1500mah won't be enough for the evo, doesn't mean it won't be a good phone though.
    05-02-10 06:24 PM
    1300 in the incredible not 1260 btw
    05-02-10 06:39 PM
    The EVO will come with a 1500 mah battery which is the same as the one on the 9700. I don't think its battery power will be as bad as the Incredible's. Then again, it's on Sprint so it will constantly be searching for more bars. LOL
    You have to realize that having a 1ghz processor vs what tour has can be a big influence on the battery...plus add sense UI with all its widgets and so on. These devices are completely different...seriously I doubt people use bb browser cause it sux so bad.

05-02-10 07:37 PM
    Well durr...

I'm just saying that a 1500 mah battery is definitely more powerful than a 1300 mah battery. I don't think the EVO's battery life will be any better than the Droid's (which uses a 1400 mah battery and runs at 550MHz @ stock) but it might be identical, better or even worse than the Incredible's. 4G isn't widespread so the EVO will be running on Sprint's 3G network. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I must be lucky.... I am 10 hours, 46% with constant use.

05-02-10 08:06 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD