I'm using an HTC Vivid, and I can't seem to figure out how to see how many unread emails I have. On a BB, you can mark an email as unread and the notification icon tells you how many there are. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or maybe a 3rd party app that will do this?
    I like the phone....android is taking some getting used to, but if I can get a few "things" worked out, I just may have to stay....
    12-23-11 06:13 AM
    12-23-11 07:09 AM
    Thanks man....I opened the link and it looks like this gmail app has a lot of bugs...can you confirm?
    12-23-11 07:22 AM
    Well....I downloaded this from the market...it says it downloaded but I can't seem to find it anywhere....any suggestions? The native gmail app is still installed on my Vivid
    12-23-11 07:55 AM
    Well....I downloaded this from the market...it says it downloaded but I can't seem to find it anywhere....any suggestions? The native gmail app is still installed on my Vivid
    LOL, I believe this app replaces the gmail shortcut to show unread mail. It does not replace the native app, but works in conjunction with it. Unfortunately I have no experience with it. Look for a new gmail shortcut on your home screen and if you find it, try sending yourself an email to see if it shows the unread count.

If the download was just an .apk file then you may have to install it.
    12-23-11 09:33 AM
    I use ADW launcher and ADW notifiers. It tells you how many unread emails you have in your account. Plus it gives you notices on many other apps . Go launcher has something similar I think.
    12-28-11 11:51 PM
    I'm using an HTC Vivid, and I can't seem to figure out how to see how many unread emails I have. On a BB, you can mark an email as unread and the notification icon tells you how many there are. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or maybe a 3rd party app that will do this?
    I like the phone....android is taking some getting used to, but if I can get a few "things" worked out, I just may have to stay....
    You want to talk "deal breakers", my friend??? Let's talk truncated emails...oh, that's right--those only occur on Blackberry phones...
    12-29-11 12:09 PM
    You want to talk "deal breakers", my friend??? Let's talk truncated emails...oh, that's right--those only occur on Blackberry phones...
    Amazing how this day and age BBOS is the only platform where you have email truncation, then people wonder why RIM has one foot in the grave.
    pantlesspenguin and 1812dave like this.
    12-29-11 10:10 PM
    Amazing how this day and age BBOS is the only platform where you have email truncation, then people wonder why RIM has one foot in the grave.
    After seeing how mail works on Android devices, it makes me wonder how BlackBerry became known for email. Because of the good keyboard, perhaps? That has to be it, because reading emails on a tiny screen with no images and truncation of "large" emails is unacceptable. I do agree with the OP, though, it would be great if unread email count would be shown on the icon like the native text app.
    12-30-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD