I've been a BlackBerry user for over a year and after seeing my younger brother's HTC Desire S, I got so jealous! It made my BlackBerry Curve 8520 feel jurassic and outdated. Now, I'm trying to figure out which phone to get. I'm so confused! I asked my friend and he told me to get any of the following: Samsung Galaxy S II, Nexus S, HTC Sensation, HTC Desire HD or HTC Desire Z ('cause I mentioned that I'm a bit hesitant to let go of a physical keyboard, but I heard that SwiftKey or Swype works really well). I'm thinking of getting HTC Sensation 'cause I've seen how awesome Sense works, but they've been saying that Samsung Galaxy S II is the best phone out there. It's not like I'm a huge techie though so yeah.. Help out the Android noob please?
    08-04-11 08:53 PM
    Out of the phones you mentioned , it really comes down to the SGSII or the Sensation. I think that the SGSII is the better phone with the best screen but I prefer sense over touchwiz and the Sensation feels more solid in the hand. Tough choice,i would probably go SGSII but can't go wrong with either phones. As for typing,after getting used to a virtual keyboard, I don't feel the need for a physical keyboard anymore.Those 4.3" phones are very easy to type on. Good luck with your choice, you will love Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-11 06:32 AM
    Nothing compares to the power of a Nexus S. Latest version 2.3.5 (Always the latest) 1.2 ghz processor and 16 GB of internal memory that u will never fill up.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    08-07-11 12:31 AM
    Sgs2 better in battery life, generally. Nexus s been out for sometime so replacement is due soon, but cheaper to but than sgs 2 or sensation.
    08-07-11 03:01 AM
    Nothing compares to the power of a Nexus S. Latest version 2.3.5 (Always the latest) 1.2 ghz processor and 16 GB of internal memory that u will never fill up.
    Nexus S comes with a 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 (Hummingbird).....not 1.2GHz.

OP: I would go with the SGS2. Specwise, nothing beats it.
    08-07-11 01:17 PM
    Get what you like. I like sense over touchwiz. My vote is for the sensation.
    08-07-11 03:46 PM
    Get what you like. I like sense over touchwiz. My vote is for the sensation.
    If I had to choose, I'd choose Sense, too

Sent from my ADR6300
    john_v likes this.
    08-07-11 05:21 PM
    I would pick the Sensation. Although I would be tempted to get the GSII just because it has the best screen to ever brace ANYTHING. The Sensation still has a great screen though, and Sense is fantastic.
    08-07-11 06:25 PM
    You can always root and remove bloatware, so both choice is fine, though it's easier to unlock sgs2. I wish htc makes another nexus, with trackpad and led just like n1
    Personally I would go.with sgs2. Currently has dell streak 5 so no point going down to smaller screen..hehe
    08-07-11 08:21 PM
    Check out CB's sibling site, Android Central. Lots of information and helpful folks.

Sent using Tapatalk
    08-07-11 08:25 PM
    SGS2 seems to be stolen from some alien spaceships... And breaking the laws of pysichs. Usually you find all these downsides with phones but the SGS2 has like maybe one minor one accordin to the user but I'm not sure what it is. Even then it just seems wow. Rare. But judging by what I hear if you like HTC def go with Sensation. If you prefer better battery life like me I'd go to SGS2.

phonejunky likes this.
    08-08-11 03:12 AM

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    lol

no sd card
    no hd video rec
    no led notification
    no 1.2 ghz cpu
    no hdmi
    crappy gps

I could go on, more Samsung junk.
    08-08-11 06:26 AM
    lol

no sd card
    no hd video rec
    no led notification
    no 1.2 ghz cpu
    no hdmi
    crappy gps

I could go on, more Samsung junk.
    Samsung has been quite a let down in the Android world

Sent from my ADR6300
    john_v likes this.
    08-08-11 06:33 AM

Sent from my ADR6300
    No....they haven't. First off, the SGS2 is probably the best Android phone currently on the market and the Nexus S smokes most single core devices on the market (and some dual core devices (the camera and lack of sd card are the only weakness in it's armor that I've seen.) Seriously though...care to compare some benchmarks? Also the AMOLED screens are effin amazing compared to htc's washed out screens that glare so bad, they'll make you go blind on a bright day. I've owned the Evo 4G and the Evo 3D, and I must say both htc devices had worse gps issues than my NS4G ever has...not to mention lag, freezing, screen seperation....etc. The biggest Samsung advantage is their CPU/GPU chipsets. Best mobile processors on the planet.

Also...Steve Kondik/cyanogen (you know...the most popular ROM developer on the planet?) is now working for Samsung, so they gotta be doing something right.
    Last edited by 12MaNy; 08-20-11 at 12:01 PM.
    08-17-11 09:03 PM

Sent from my ADR6300
    A couple of Sammy devices have been a bit of a letdown. And some of their devices have been well received (most notably the last 2 devices they released). That being said.. they don't have the best reputation on timely updates for a couple devices that could use a bit of love.
    08-17-11 09:06 PM
    A couple of Sammy devices have been a bit of a letdown. And some of their devices have been well received (most notably the last 2 devices they released). That being said.. they don't have the best reputation on timely updates for a couple devices that could use a bit of love.
    Ummmm....Nexus S gets updates before anyone does.
    08-17-11 09:07 PM
    The Nexus line might... but Samsung, in general, is the slowest hardware manufacturer to get updates out. They are ridiculous...

How do you like the Tab?
    08-17-11 09:21 PM
    Well yeah. I was refuting the 'Samsung being quite a letdown' claim. I was merely pointing out that they had a couple difficult to own devices (fascinate anybody?), whereas they now have some reliable devices.
    lssanjose likes this.
    08-17-11 09:22 PM
    Sgs2 is ok but battery life is so-so.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    08-17-11 10:47 PM
    The Nexus line might... but Samsung, in general, is the slowest hardware manufacturer to get updates out. They are ridiculous...

How do you like the Tab?
    Tablet is great....especially with this new update running.
    08-18-11 08:15 AM
    No....they haven't. First off, the SGS2 is probably the best Android phone currently on the market and the Nexus S smokes most single core devices on the market (and some dual core devices (the camera and lack of sd card are the only weakness in it's armor that I've seen.) Seriously though...care to compare some benchmarks? Also the AMOLED screens are effin amazing compared to htc's washed out screens that glare so bad, they'll make you go blind on a bright day. I've owned the Evo 4G and the Evo 3D, and I must say both htc devices had worse gps issues than my NS4G ever has...not to mention lag, freezing, screen seperation....etc. However, the biggest Samsung advantage is their CPU/GPU chipsets. Best mobile processors on the planet.

Also...Steve Kondik/cyanogen (you know...the most popular ROM developer on the planet?) is now working for Samsung, so they gotta be doing something right.
    You mean stock benchmarks or manipulated benchmarks?

GPU's are power vr540 and mali-400, neither one is anything special.
    The CPU is just a9 cortex just like any other dual core.

You know samsung put an old tegra 2 in their GS2 and did 4000 quadrant stock beating Exynos. That should tell you everything about benchmarks and the best cpu/gpu on the planet.

Atrix @1.1 is doing the same benchmarks as GS2 @1.2, bfd.

There's very little difference between all these A9 CPU's
    08-18-11 08:24 AM
    Well yeah. I was refuting the 'Samsung being quite a letdown' claim. I was merely pointing out that they had a couple difficult to own devices (fascinate anybody?), whereas they now have some reliable devices.
    Gotcha...

However, every manufacturer has had it's run of crappy devices. I'm speaking in terms of of newer devices. The only real argument here is that Sammy used to be slow with the updates. They're support of devices has gotten better...except for the Fascinated and Epic 4G. I don't know what's going on there. Those devices are like Sammy's red headed step children.

Either way.....You can always root and run custom ROMs
    08-18-11 08:38 AM
    You mean stock benchmarks or manipulated benchmarks?

GPU's are power vr540 and mali-400, neither one is anything special.
    The CPU is just a9 cortex just like any other dual core.

You know samsung put an old tegra 2 in their GS2 and did 4000 quadrant stock beating Exynos. That should tell you everything about benchmarks and the best cpu/gpu on the planet.

Atrix @1.1 is doing the same benchmarks as GS2 @1.2, bfd.

There's very little difference between all these A9 CPU's

I was talking about comparing benchmarks on my Nexus S...which has an A8 cortex single core and a PowerVR SGX540 GPU. Awesome chipset for a single core device....and I was comparing the SGS2 in relation to overall specs.

Read closer before you try to correct someone.
    08-18-11 08:47 AM
    I know HTC phones get a horrible rep for battery life and or screen not being as nice. IMO I still. Like HTC over SS as I have had extensive time on a rooted galaxy S running GB which claims better battery life and smoother transitions. Well it is smooth, but battery life isn't much better than when on froyo....and my mytouch is actually a little longer and I am still on 2.2.

As far as the screen goes, hard to beat SS screen, but they glare quite a bit in the sun as well.

Just IMO....

08-19-11 11:48 PM
    I've been a BlackBerry user for over a year and after seeing my younger brother's HTC Desire S, I got so jealous! It made my BlackBerry Curve 8520 feel jurassic and outdated. Now, I'm trying to figure out which phone to get. I'm so confused! I asked my friend and he told me to get any of the following: Samsung Galaxy S II, Nexus S, HTC Sensation, HTC Desire HD or HTC Desire Z ('cause I mentioned that I'm a bit hesitant to let go of a physical keyboard, but I heard that SwiftKey or Swype works really well). I'm thinking of getting HTC Sensation 'cause I've seen how awesome Sense works, but they've been saying that Samsung Galaxy S II is the best phone out there. It's not like I'm a huge techie though so yeah.. Help out the Android noob please?
    SG2 is so old, I feel sorry for people hanging on to that dream. Get you something tangible.
    08-20-11 01:01 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD