I know there's been talk about Invisible Shield, and VZW's screen protectors. I tried a VZW one on my Droid, and just didn't like the feel of it.

I had a BSE skin on my Storm 1 from the day I got it, and can say it did a wonderful job keeping my phone scratch free, which helped resale value when something better like the Droid came out. The last BSE skin I had did have a little "Orange Peel" feel to it which I like as it gives the screen a somewhat tactile feel when scrolling. Some people don't like this, so know this going in.

I don't know how screen sensitivity will be. I never had a problem with the Storm, I'm hoping the same is true for the Droid. I ordered mine today, will give feedback once I get it in. But for anybody else looking to skin your Droid, $4.99 + $2 shipping:

Motorola Droid Skin
    11-18-09 01:03 PM
    good price!

does the screen protector have anti-glare? resists fingerprints?

i checked out the website put couldn't find too much info. since you've used it on the storm i thought you might know.

thanks for the info!
    11-18-09 02:14 PM
    I have it on my 8900. It's bascically the identical stuff as Invisishield in different packaging. I don't think it's antiglare and sure fingerprints show up, but on the smooth glass they're worse. It's a bunch cheaper than Invisishield. I think they have a twofer offer as well. Nice stuff.
    11-18-09 02:18 PM
    ^^^^^What he said^^^^^
    11-18-09 05:06 PM
    I read/heard the screen protector messes up the touch screen on the droid. Is this true?
    11-18-09 07:15 PM
    I read/heard the screen protector messes up the touch screen on the droid. Is this true?
    I have Ghost Armor on mine, and touch is not affected in the least.
    11-18-09 08:33 PM
    It was the privacy protectors that VZW sold that messed with the screen the screen protectors are fine.
    11-18-09 08:51 PM
    Motorola recommends that no screen protectors be used.
    11-18-09 09:16 PM
    Well that's because they want to sell more units, so if the screen gets scratched or whatever they can sell more.

Motorola recommends that no screen protectors be used.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 09:53 PM
    I read a lot when I had a storm and there were many people who didn't have a screen protector on the storm because the glass was so hard. I heard this is also true for the droid.
    11-18-09 10:06 PM
    Well that's because they want to sell more units, so if the screen gets scratched or whatever they can sell more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh, I'm sure many people are going to pay full retail for a device because the screen got scratched.
    11-18-09 10:12 PM
    very nice, i always used the BSE products and swore by them over the other stuff.
    11-18-09 11:52 PM
    Where are you finding the twofer deal on BSE? I happen to need two so this would be perfect.

I have it on my 8900. It's bascically the identical stuff as Invisishield in different packaging. I don't think it's antiglare and sure fingerprints show up, but on the smooth glass they're worse. It's a bunch cheaper than Invisishield. I think they have a twofer offer as well. Nice stuff.
    11-19-09 12:45 AM
    I ordered one yesterday. I have been a big fan of BSE, I have used their skins, on mine and my family's tech. My Creative ZVM, a 4gb Zen, my BB Pearl, an Ipod touch, two iphones, my storm, and I have even bought a full sheet and made my own covers for my Vado HD, and my digital camera lcd. Almost all the items still have the skins on them, and look great. My storm's skin is peeling on the top a little but that's from always keeping it in my pocket.
    11-19-09 02:28 PM
    Where are you finding the twofer deal on BSE? I happen to need two so this would be perfect.
    That was awhile ago, like 6 months.
    11-19-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD