What's the best Android phones on each of the three big carriers? I'm trying to recommend to a friend but honestly I only have experience with HTC Android and VZW!

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 05:38 PM
    All comes down to personal preference, but here a a few based on the hype in various forums and sites.
    Samsung Galaxy SII on all major carriers except for Verizon.
    Droid Bionic for Verizon.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-03-11 05:49 PM
    Nice! That's what I was wondering. Thanks a lot.

09-03-11 05:50 PM
    +1 to CDF3. SGS2 is gonna be a beast. I'm also really enjoying the experience of my HTC Sensation on T-Mo.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-03-11 05:54 PM
    I keep hearing about the SGS2. What's so great about it? I love my Bolt so much that I haven't looked at any other devices on a while.

09-03-11 06:00 PM
    A lot goes go what is the best phone for ya. I would check to see what provider has the best coverage and go from there. Each carrier has some awesome Andriods. I personally use a Mytouch4g on T-Mobile.

Chrisy likes this.
    09-03-11 06:03 PM
    I keep hearing about the SGS2. What's so great about it? I love my Bolt so much that I haven't looked at any other devices on a while.

A lot of the newer devices are dual core. The Thunderbolt is single core, and battery life is not as good as good as some of the other devices out.

Last edited by cdf3; 09-03-11 at 06:49 PM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-03-11 06:44 PM
    Don't overlook the upcoming Nexus Prime

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 06:49 PM
    A lot of the newer devices are dual core. The Thunderbolt is single core, and battery life is not as good as good as some of the other devices out.

I think I heard the SGS2 was a 1.2 ghz single core...I could be wrong but regardless I did hear it is great.
    09-03-11 06:52 PM
    I think I heard the SGS2 was a 1.2 ghz single core...I could be wrong but regardless I did hear it is great.
    Dual 1.2 ghz processor, Super AMOLED Plus screen, super thin 1080p video recording, 4G on sprint

Verizon passed on the SGS2 because they are getting the nexus prime which is going to be the first ICE CREAM SANDWICH phone android 4.0
    grover5 likes this.
    09-03-11 07:00 PM
    Dual 1.2 ghz processor, Super AMOLED Plus screen, super thin 1080p video recording, 4G on sprint

Verizon passed on the SGS2 because they are getting the nexus prime which is going to be the first ICE CREAM SANDWICH phone android 4.0
    I've been hearing a lot about the Prime lately. Think its going to be better than the Bionic?
    I'm keeping my eye on both phones.

09-03-11 07:04 PM
    It's definitely dual core

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=vWJHz37Z

Sent using my Photon 4G via Sprint
    grover5 likes this.
    09-03-11 07:05 PM
    The folks I'm asking for are coming from an iPhone.
    09-03-11 07:07 PM
    I've been hearing a lot about the Prime lately. Think its going to be better than the Bionic?
    I'm keeping my eye on both phones.

I wish I knew.

Much specs havent leaked for it, but that its going to be from samsung, its probably going to be dual core, a 4" screen or higher and more then likely include verizon 4g lte.

The software part is whats going to be the major killer, supposed to be a sweet OS
    09-03-11 07:08 PM
    On Sprint, i think it's the photon 4g or nexus s 4g.

On at&t or T-Mobile, I'd say nexus s.

On Verizon, droid charge.

09-03-11 07:08 PM
    Then they'll probably feel at home on Samsung devices... lol.

09-03-11 07:09 PM
    Thanks guys! I passed on the advice!

I'm sticking with HTC for my next device. I hope the Vigor is global!
    09-03-11 07:13 PM
    Nexus prime is going to be a good candidate, because i would think they want something similar sized to the iphone and that me be almost like the Nexus S.

The Photon 4G, ATRIX and Bionic are all good phones and all 4G, Dual processors, but a bit big.

Waiting for the BLACKBERRY COLT to drop to see what thats about.
    09-03-11 07:13 PM
    What's up with the Colt? Haven't heard about it. FFC? Full touch?
    09-03-11 07:14 PM
    What's up with the Colt? Haven't heard about it. FFC? Full touch?
    Should have NFC, supposed to be full touch screen and running QNX tech, so I want to see what kind of processor and if they actually put things people want in the phone.
    09-03-11 07:16 PM
    I'll have to watch for that one!
    09-03-11 07:18 PM
    Should have NFC, supposed to be full touch screen and running QNX tech, so I want to see what kind of processor and if they actually put things people want in the phone.
    I'm wondering if they will put what consumers want in their phone as well.
    Hanging their hat on email security along isn't cutting it any longer. Quite a few people have left BlackBerry for other phones and OS's.
    I would really like to see them get back in the game, and for developers to start back making apps for the BlackBerry platform.

09-03-11 07:29 PM
    On at&t or T-Mobile, I'd say nexus s.
    Nexus S? Old phone is old. There are MUCH better options on T-Mo these days.
    09-03-11 07:30 PM
    I'm wondering if they will put what consumers want in their phone as well.
    Hanging their hat on email security along isn't cutting it any longer. Quite a few people have left BlackBerry for other phones and OS's.
    I would really like to see them get back in the game, and for developers to start back making apps for the BlackBerry platform.

Yea thats why I left blackberry because things just werent up to speed with the tech that was out for androids already. I love my EVO 4G and wouldnt trade it.

I dont ask for much but a good processor, a HI-RES screen and something that makes me say "oh thats hot!"
    09-03-11 07:34 PM
    I was reluctant to switch from BlackBerry. All I wanted was a useable browser!

Now I can't go back of course because I know what I'd be missing!
    09-03-11 07:38 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD