Okay, question for anyone who has Beautiful Widgets. Is it supposed to display the sun all night long? I figured since it has the sunset time setting it would display the moon at night, kinda like the Eris (yes, I know it's the HTC sense)... Anywho, does it show sunset, sunrise for anybody else or is this just a "ghost" setting? BTW, I downloaded it earlier today, which I suppose is the more recent update, according to the application page...
    01-18-10 11:32 PM
    Mine displays moon at night and sun at day. Pretty accurate. Also, I have the sunset setting at "official" and my wife is set at civil and both work right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 12:28 AM
    Thanks for the help. I'm gonna try uninstalling and re-installing it, cause I'm still showing a sun at 2 in the morning...
    01-19-10 12:41 AM
    Shows night and day etc...

01-19-10 01:59 AM
    It uses one of Google's features to get the weather. Every once in a while, the Google service that they use will either freeze or break down, causing the same weather information to be displayed until the service is back up. That may be what you are experiencing. Give it a day or two, and you should notice the moon instead of the sun @ night.
    01-19-10 01:35 PM
    go refund it and buy weather widgets.
    01-19-10 02:48 PM
    go refund it and buy weather widgets.
    Worst advice ever.

Skins are coming for beautiful widgets. You will be able to make custom skins or download them within the next few days. The dev will be releasing an update. You should try uninstalling it and reinstalling the app to see if that fixes your issue. Good luck

Here are some samples
    _
    _
    01-19-10 04:24 PM
    Yup. Works great now. Guess I just had to wait for the google server to refresh or something...

Either way, sweet widget...
    01-19-10 05:17 PM
    Okay DA6. Probably a simple enough question, but how did you get different pictures on your widget? That looks pretty cool...

Thanks...
    01-19-10 05:20 PM
    Okay DA6. Probably a simple enough question, but how did you get different pictures on your widget? That looks pretty cool...

Thanks...
    Its the beta of the update that is coming. Once he updates the app Monday, you will be able to preview and apply the skins.
    01-19-10 05:33 PM
    Mine displays moon at night and sun at day. Pretty accurate. Also, I have the sunset setting at "official" and my wife is set at civil and both work right.

What is the difference? I have mine set at Civil (didn't change it from original settings). Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    01-19-10 06:49 PM
    ^^^ Not stupid, I would like to know this too. Anyone know?

Edit: Did a search and this came up with this, but don't know if this pertains to the subject.

CIVIL Twilight is considered the period during which it is still bright enough to go about your business as if it were still daylight (for example, the streetlights are still off, you do not need to turn your headlights on when driving). Most laws simply use a "30 minute" time period after sunset. I guess that this is the time period you should use in planning your party. Thirty minutes after sunset, some of your guests will find it a bit too dark, if you do not have lights on.

However, the real time changes with the seasons and with your location (specially your latitude). The scientific definition is that civil twilight ends when the Sun is 6 degrees below the theoretical horizon. At that point, the Sun is still lighting up the tropopause (the tropopause marks the limit of the troposphere, the layer of air closest to the ground, that contains all the usual clouds).

NAUTICAL twilight is (or was) the time when the sky became dark enough for some stars to be visible, while the horizon (at sea) was still visible. This allowed the navigator to measure the altitude of stars, using a sextant. The navigator needs to see the stars (it has to be dark enough) AND the horizon (it cannot be too dark). The scientific definition of the end of Nautical twilight is when the Sun gets to 12 degrees below the horizon.

ASTRONOMICAL twilight ends when the Sun reaches 18 degrees below the horizon. Until that time, the Sun still shines on the upper regions of the atmosphere (mesosphere, for example). We can't see it with our eyes, but astronomical cameras would still detect some diffuse light that would fog up astronomical pictures. Astronomers have to wait that long before they can take pictures of distant galaxies.
    Last edited by Jascias; 01-19-10 at 08:16 PM.
    01-19-10 08:08 PM
    Very interesting. I wonder how this mixes into the widget. I just changed some of the settings around and didn't notice any visual changes, if it's suppose to cause one.
    01-19-10 09:54 PM
    I don't notice a difference when I have my wife's phone and mine together. They seem to change from sun to moon at the same time.
    01-20-10 03:05 PM
    @ DA6

Why would they buy it now if its not skinnable yet? The stock/orginal skin and font is ugly as ****.

Whereas weather Widgets already looks good, already fully skinnable clock and skinnable weather icon and has a better animated forecast?
    01-20-10 04:11 PM
    Why buy it now?
    -Because the skinable update drops Monday.
    -You can choose from 3 different fonts for your widget.
    -Tama (the developer) is always working on this, last update was a few days ago, WWD was not updated for months until a few days ago.
    -You can make your own skins (he is supplying the kit for you to make them)
    -You can preview and download new skins from the phone (created by other users).
    -BW will use a new weather api and keep Google as a back-up. No more sun while it's night or unaccurate weather showing on your screen.
    Just to name a few.
    I own both so I am not being partial.
    In my book BW>WWD.
    01-21-10 01:18 PM
    Why buy it now?
    -Because the skinable update drops Monday.
    -You can choose from 3 different fonts for your widget.
    -Tama (the developer) is always working on this, last update was a few days ago, WWD was not updated for months until a few days ago.
    -You can make your own skins (he is supplying the kit for you to make them)
    -You can preview and download new skins from the phone (created by other users).
    -BW will use a new weather api and keep Google as a back-up. No more sun while it's night or unaccurate weather showing on your screen.
    Just to name a few.
    I own both so I am not being partial.
    In my book BW>WWD.
    DA6 is right BW is better and after the Monday update it will miles ahead of all others.
    01-22-10 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD