I have been a long time BB user and have gone from "in love" to "content" with my Storm 2. However I have my upgrade and considering using it for an Xperia Play since I can get it for free. Although I know nearly nothing about Android OS, I have been wanting to make that switch for some time now from all the good things I have heard.

I know the Xperia Play is on ver 2.3 (I believe) and I have read that it will be upgraded to ver 4 soon if not already. So what do you guys think? Is it a full Android OS regardless of 2.3 or 4 or is it a toned down version considering the gaming needs of the phone?

I have come to rely on the wonderful opinions of the members here on CB so I anticipate the same with this thread. I know I have some research and reading to do since I will be moving from one OS to another, but what can you guys who already know, tell me about my plans--switching from a S2 to a Xperia Play?

Thanks in advance!!
    12-29-11 10:27 AM
    Wow! Not even one reply? I'm disappointed. I thought for sure I would get at least a couple...

Well.. after some thought and research, I went with the Samsung Stratosphere. Much better phone than the Xperia and much "stronger" too. Now I am 4Glte all day long. And I must say, as much of a BB lover as I was.. nothing beats this Android OS. It is doing things that my BB could only dream of and much faster than my BB could have ever done. And then some.

So I went forth without the aid of my CB bretheren, but I am satisfied none the less!
    12-30-11 09:59 AM
    I am probably one of the only people on here that has an xperia play. It is a solid phone but it does not have 4G LTE on Verizon. It has virtually no internal hard drive storage and has similar hardware to the Thunderbolt and DInc 1.

However, this phone rocks when used as an emulator for NES/SNES/N64/Sega Genesis/Game boy games. Sony's skin is also a lot better than Touchwiz, plus I know the play will get ICS. Samsung is awful at updating their phones.

I hope you are enjoying your device though.
    01-04-12 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD