Verizon was nice enough to allow me to get my Droid X back after replacing it with the Fascinate but having signal problems with it. They sent me the pre-owned and even a extended battery(free overnight) so I was all happy and loving verizon

HOWEVER, this phone seems to have a battery issue, it doesnt last longer than about 3hours of light use. Woke up this morning at 7 with full charge took it off, woke back up at 10:30 am and it was at 30%. The battery icon also had a question mark on it. It takes about 4hours to fully charge the battery.

I dont remember my other droid X having this issue even with the standard battery i didnt complain.

Any ideas? Maybe its the phone? Verizon is sending me a standard battery but i dont wanna complain about this phone when they made a exception already
    11-05-10 07:15 PM
    You are fine. Give it several cycles and you should notice improvement. I changed my fascinate in for the X for those very same reasons. If the battery is still wonky after a few charge cycles, then it is probably bad, as Motorola devices have a good battery life.
    11-05-10 08:34 PM
    Sounds like the battery is bad. See what happens with the next one.
    11-05-10 11:23 PM
    Indeed it does 28. Never skip 5 cycles though it is the only way to know. My first charge on my x was 4 hours. Now I get 16. It is good being me
    11-05-10 11:58 PM
    Yea im gonna test it out, had it since Wednesday so Im going to see what it does. I have the Rep doing a follow up on this coming Wednesday after the new battery comes.
    11-06-10 12:39 AM
    My droid x battery just sucks! I might need a extended battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 06:38 PM
    The battery is definitely bad. There is no reason it should be dying like that unless you have a rogue app. 3 hours is extremely low even if the battery is brand new. My DX worked 14+hours out of the box.
    11-06-10 06:41 PM
    My droid x battery just sucks! I might need a extended battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Extended battery is totally worth it. I recommend it.
    11-06-10 07:22 PM
    Had the same problem today, with the phone dying within 3hours with no use while i was at work. Of course verizon store reps talking about its a battery hog and sync but i know better. So back to calling the 1800 num and seeing if they will replace a free extended battery.
    11-06-10 07:44 PM
    My new droid x battery lasted me 4 hours. That is with full on use. After several charge cycles, the life doubled easy. Maybe it is bad, but my experiance was similar, and after optimizing everything, perfect 8 to 16 hours heavy use. Get the seido extended battery. Verizons is crap (I had one, returned it) it was about 300 mah more than stock. The extra hour was not worth 40 bucks for me. Since the stock battery gets me through the day on heavy use, the small upgrade on the extended battery was null for me. You know there are several ways to test battery health in the OS. I believe something is posted at android central on how to extensively get geeky bad with the battery. Love that site
    11-06-10 09:40 PM
    The battery is definitely bad. There is no reason it should be dying like that unless you have a rogue app. 3 hours is extremely low even if the battery is brand new. My DX worked 14+hours out of the box.
    Maybe my battery is dead, lol. Your numbers are incredible.
    11-06-10 09:42 PM
    i notice that display takes alot of battery even when its turned all the way down. Then the time on is like 40mins and i know my phone aint been on that long...-.-
    11-07-10 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD