Hey everyone,

So I am going to get a replacement Droid due to an earpiece issue and I have been searching for a way to backup the actual data IN my applications. It all came to an end today when my email was read on the AndroidCentral podcast. They basically said, unless you're on 2.2, you're out of luck. Even rooting the device is not a great way to do it.

So, now that my search has come to a rather sad ending, what do we all think about this? Google is fixing the issue in Froyo but come on! What a pain in the *** it must be to switch to a new phone or a replacement. Jerry on their podcast said the easiest way is to just write down the data in the apps and then switch to the new phone and put it in manually. Bummer!

The ONE thing I wish Android had similar to Blackberry (other than BBM!) is a desktop client that allows you to make full backups of your whole phone.
    Maybe one day...
    06-25-10 03:45 PM
    It's definitely possible if you root and install Titanium Backup. Titanium Backup does a complete backup, with Market links intact so you still get updates and the app data is backed up. $4 but I highly recommend it.
    06-25-10 06:03 PM
    Yeah, they mentioned that on the podcast, but I shouldn't have to root in order to do something so essential. Don't you agree?
    06-25-10 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD