Wow! I am really impressed with ASUS' TF300 Android tablet. It's unequivocally the best Android tablet I've ever used and the iPad I had before it, which I traded for this ASUS, can't even compare to the goodness of this tablet. I also got the ASUS keyboard dock for the tablet and it's nothing short of marvelous...a little on the light side, though. This is like having the best of all worlds: A notebook, a tablet and a netbook. I goti9ne at Gamestop and am glad I did. They slightly customize the tablets they sell and include a bunch of games and apps. I found out when I bought my keyboard dock that they also sell a Bluetooth dual-analog game controller for use with the tablets they sell. And the controller works with the pre-installed games on the tablet.

Everything about ASUS' tablet is impressive to the point of wondering why Samsung and the other tablet makers don't follow how ASUS has done it. My serious personal opinion is that ASUS is in this tablet business to take it over and rule. I've never been all that fond of ASUS hardware in the past...they make decent motherboards and such, which I've used reliably in several custom-made PCs...and their first tablet efforts weren't all that impressive. That fiasco with the GPS troubles on the Transformer Prime and how ASUS handled it left me amused at best. Sending out a slip-on dongle that the user has to attach to the dock connector of their tablet is a horrendous way of dealing with it, in my opinion. But they apparently learned their lesson with the TF300. It's nothing short of fantastic.

If ASUS continues with this level of goodness, they will eventually be the *the* preeminent tablet maker the world over. And Gamestop's partnership isn't hurting it. I'm really glad I got mine at Gamestop. It just feels right.

I've used a number of Android tablets before, including the Samsung brand and Acer brand, but this ASUS tablet blows them all away. It feels like ASUS researched hard and fine-tuned the system just right to get it to work this well. I don't know they did that, they might have just gotten lucky, but they have one outstanding tablet on their hands.
    05-30-12 05:17 PM
    I love my OG transformer and dock. i take it most times on trips instread of the PB and laptop. Along with my nexus and hotspot its all i really need. The prime was a dud i agree but with the OG transformer and the new line they are once again leading the way in the android market for tablets i think. Glad you like yours
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-30-12 05:33 PM
    Wow! As amazed and impressed as I am with the tablet, I am the opposite of any Android web browser. Seriously! I installed all of the most popular and recommended web browsers, including Google's own Chrome for Android, and not a single one of them are worth anything. Completely useless compared to a desktop browser. None of them provide reliable or convenient bookmark access. Chrome came closest to being usable, but the bookmarks page wouldn't reload after choosing a bookmark and then trying to get back to the bookmarks.

On the iPad, I used a web browser known as Mercury (a paid and free app - I bought the paid one) and it provided a desktop-style operation with a bookmarks bar and all. But it isn't available on Android.

If anyone knows of a desktop-style, reliable and convenient web browser for Android, light me up. Until I find one, I'm sticking with the stock Android browser.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 05-31-12 at 10:25 AM.
    05-31-12 10:23 AM
    i use chrome all the time without issue. No issues with bookmarks at all and they are synced with the desktop, laptop, etc
    05-31-12 10:45 AM
    i use chrome all the time without issue. No issues with bookmarks at all and they are synced with the desktop, laptop, etc
    Must be some kind of device-specific bug for how the bookmarks page won't display bookmarks after the intial display of them. Is there any way that I may not be seeing that will put a bookmarks bar at the top like a normal desktop browser will?
    05-31-12 11:01 AM
    the 3 vertical dots top right, click them and then bookmarks. It works every time for me. There is no "bar" for them to be constantly displayed
    05-31-12 11:06 AM
    the 3 vertical dots top right, click them and then bookmarks. It works every time for me. There is no "bar" for them to be constantly displayed
    I finally understand what the issue is with displaying bookmarks successively. There are 3 intial tabs at the upper left relating to the bookmarks location. Initially I choose desktop bookmarks (sync'd from desktop) and then click a bookmark. Going back to the bookmarks put the page at a different tab (mobile bookmarks) and there were no bookmarks to display in that tab. Now that I see what's going on, Chrome is much more usable than I was seeing.
    05-31-12 11:15 AM
    yep, its pretty damn near a desktop experience minus flash.
    05-31-12 11:45 AM
    Not too impressed with the added thickness and weight compared to the TF201. Waiting for the new premium model, but Asus hasn't confirmed compatibility with the older dock for that one.
    05-31-12 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD