CompUSA has this tablet on sale for $399.00. Is this a good deal? Does anyone have any experience with this tablet? I have looked and played around all weekend with an Ipad and the Samsung 10.1, but am having trouble in my mind paying the $600 price for them. I have also looked at the Kindle Fire, but I want more android control. I have also looked at several 7" tablets, but they seem to be almost as much as the Galaxy 10.1". What I want to do is to be able to get a Virgin Mobile MiFi and use that daily when I go on trips, and otherwise use my wireless at home, and not be trapped in to a 2 year data contract. Would this tablet work for my expectations, any ideas/thoughts?
    12-05-11 09:09 AM
    not if you prefer the Prime...
    12-05-11 09:53 AM
    No. the prime is only $100 more at much better specs. However the prime isn't necessarily worth it either unless you need a tablet right now, as next year there will be a ton of tegra3 tablets with better specs and they will launch with ICS as stock, not upgraded.
    12-05-11 11:21 AM
    Yep there are plenty of tablets that will be coming out that are much better than the Prime. The Prime is just the start of Tegra 3, but there is so much more to come.
    12-05-11 01:54 PM
    Yep there are plenty of tablets that will be coming out that are much better than the Prime. The Prime is just the start of Tegra 3, but there is so much more to come.
    Don't keep me in suspense: what tablet "much better" than the Prime, will be out at the same time?
    Last edited by dave1812; 12-05-11 at 03:42 PM.
    12-05-11 03:20 PM
    They won't be out at the same time, they will be out shortly after. Considering:
    1 - The prime so far isn't coming preloaded with ICS anyways. It's going to wait on upgrades just like everything else.
    2 - Most games initially are not going to care if you run tegra 3 anyways, only tegra 3 specific titles.
    3 - Honeycomb doesn't really use quad core. You might get better multitasking, but other devices will get tegra 3 and with better specs not that far down the road (and by then there will be more tegra 3 content, instead of just using tegra 2 content anyways).
    4 - A lot of preorders are getting canceled due to Asus's inability to stock both the first transformer and now this one as well... Asus is probably the worst company there is when it comes to actually having even close to decent stock of their tablets. It's not due to "massive" sales either, it's due to supply ****ups.
    12-05-11 05:00 PM
    I have the transformer. You can't beat it when you look at all factors including price. Only recommendation is to buy the keyboard as a package bundle up front. It will cost a lot if you decide to purchase it afterwards. Decent tablet for sure and worth the price. It gets a lot of use right now compared to my PB. I would recommend it.
    12-05-11 05:13 PM
    I liked the transformer that I had, other than the fact I couldn't find a silicon sleeve for it (the edges dig into my palms) and the aforementioned glitches, which are pretty much history now. Going by my experience with the transformer, I look forward to kicking the Prime's "tires" when it hits.
    12-05-11 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD