Oh I found few prototype reviews.

05-09-17 10:33 PM
    A keyboard might be worth $200 extra but only IF it worked with things other than BlackBerry Launcher.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 10:42 PM
    A keyboard might be worth $200 extra but only IF it worked with things other than BlackBerry Launcher.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully, blackberry let other launcher also use key shortcut and widget shortcut. $200 is worth it for blackberry fans, but I wouldn't recommend Keyone for my family and friends.
    05-09-17 10:44 PM
    Anybody in for going to the ASUS forum website and championing the BlackBerry KEYone on one of their phone specific threads? Some nice videos on security and keyboard short cuts, and productivity features? Naw...that would be silly right?
    05-09-17 10:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Kind of like iPhone being worth 400-500 more with zero option to change launcher. :-) Or anything else on iOs. :-)
    05-09-17 10:46 PM
    Kind of like iPhone being worth 400-500 more with zero option to change launcher. :-) Or anything else on iOs. :-)
    Never said anything about iPhone. I don't want one. The problem with that analogy is that it implies BlackBerry can sell for a higher price because of their name. Like Apple does. BlackBerry reputation has been in the toilet for years and have screwed themselves with overpricing (and delays). This KEYone is no exception to that scenario.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 10:53 PM
    Never said anything about iPhone. I don't want one. The problem with that analogy is that it implies BlackBerry can sell for a higher price because of their name. Like Apple does. BlackBerry reputation has been in the toilet for years and have screwed themselves with overpricing (and delays). This KEYone is no exception to that scenario.

Posted via CB10
    No you didn't but your analogy of higher price applies.
    Completely disagree regarding KEYone. A BlackBerry phone has not had great reviews like this since the Bold.
    Google Pixel has major production delays 8 months later so it not just BlackBerry and Apple is already warning of delays this fall.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    05-09-17 10:56 PM
    No you didn't but your analogy of higher price applies.
    Completely disagree regarding KEYone. A BlackBerry phone has not had great reviews like this since the Bold.
    Google Pixel has major production delays 8 months later
    We'll see. Great reviews don't mean great sales. Especially when the great reviews appear when nobody can even buy it. And months before it appears on US carriers (majority of potential sales).

People are gonna see the reviews, head to their carrier to buy it, carrier is going to say no we dont have it and probably won't. People then buy something else. They're not going to wait until late summer for it.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 11:09 PM
    Moved to correct subforum.
    krazyatom and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-09-17 11:17 PM
    Hopefully, blackberry let other launcher also use key shortcut and widget shortcut. $200 is worth it for blackberry fans, but I wouldn't recommend Keyone for my family and friends.
    I don't believe keyboard shortcuts have anything to do with "BlackBerry letting anyone do anything": http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12865188

It's just a keyboard, usable in Android since its very first day. Support keyboards, you're supporting BB keyboards as well.

Besides, you can use Buttons remapper and have system-wide shortcuts, which would also include other launchers. You'd only be able to use the long-press ones because the short would interfere with typing, but still.
    05-10-17 03:17 AM
    I don't believe keyboard shortcuts have anything to do with "BlackBerry letting anyone do anything": http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12865188

It's just a keyboard, usable in Android since its very first day. Support keyboards, you're supporting BB keyboards as well.

Besides, you can use Buttons remapper and have system-wide shortcuts, which would also include other launchers. You'd only be able to use the long-press ones because the short would interfere with typing, but still.
    I heard from many review that custom short cut key only works in BlackBerry launcher. Can someone verify this?
    05-10-17 03:29 AM
    I heard from many review that custom short cut key only works in BlackBerry launcher. Can someone verify this?
    What I'm saying in that link is that any launcher developer could write the 50 or so lines of code required for keyboard shortcuts in an hour, if they wanted to. Will they, well, that probably depends on the amount of interest for the feature.

I would like someone to try the Buttons remapper on the KEYone. I see no reason for it not to work as it does on Priv, but a confirmation would be appreciated.
    05-10-17 04:08 AM
    Do wonder what the keyboard really cost.... vs. how much is licensing fees, or the expectation that enterprise will pay a premium for the security. We will find out as they release those other devices.....
    05-10-17 08:05 AM
    That's a ridiculous analogy. These phones are near identical in specs aside from the keyboard. So the keyboard seems to be what drives the price up, therefore my question is valid.
    How? My analogy says they will have identical, not near identical, but identical specs aside from the touchscreen. How is that a ridiculous analogy compared to what you're saying?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-10-17 04:08 PM
    Let me start out by saying that I have no interest in the KEYone, it just doesn't appeal to me but I'd quite willingly buy one and pay $200 more than the ASUS if it came down to that. I've used two different ASUS devices as back ups within the last year or so, my work issued laptop is also made by them and the build quality is virtually non-existent along with their customer service. Cram them with as many 'specs' as you like and give them away and I'd still never use another ASUS device again.
    05-11-17 11:22 AM
    Much bigger battery, larger FF camera, Gorilla Glass 5 and AMOLED, but other than that roughly the same specs as KeyOne (minus the keyboard of course). $200 less.

The 5,000mAh ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom is available now for $329
    I think the entire package is worth the extra money...

+ keyboard
    + security software
    + customizable shortcuts
    + great battery
    + BlackBerry software
    + good camera
    The two things that are matching up are the camera and the battery.

ASUS is missing many of the features that I personally want on a phone.
    05-11-17 03:12 PM
    Let me start out by saying that I have no interest in the KEYone, it just doesn't appeal to me but I'd quite willingly buy one and pay $200 more than the ASUS if it came down to that. I've used two different ASUS devices as back ups within the last year or so, my work issued laptop is also made by them and the build quality is virtually non-existent along with their customer service. Cram them with as many 'specs' as you like and give them away and I'd still never use another ASUS device again.
    Really? Has their quality really gone down that far? I've been using Asus products since long before they started selling consumer electronics, back when they were still an OEM provider. So basically Asus motherboards, Asus graphics cards, etc. And out of all brands I've found their products to be the most reliable. But now they are a whole new company it seems selling their own brand electronics like phones and laptops, but I thought their quality would remain the same??
    05-11-17 09:08 PM
    Really? Has their quality really gone down that far? I've been using Asus products since long before they started selling consumer electronics, back when they were still an OEM provider. So basically Asus motherboards, Asus graphics cards, etc. And out of all brands I've found their products to be the most reliable. But now they are a whole new company it seems selling their own brand electronics like phones and laptops, but I thought their quality would remain the same??
    Perhaps it's just bad luck but the only 3 ASUS products I've ever used have been awful, mostly due to build quality but partly due to design.

I bought my first back up ASUS device about 18 months ago for $199(CAD) and the first thing I noticed was the screen creaked and groaned when you applied pressure to it; the power button would get jammed in the frame if you weren't careful when pushing it down; the plastic back felt thin and fragile to the touch. Performance wasn't bad but the thing over heated with the slightest provocation. Similar experiences with the one I bought at $249(CAD) after returning the original phone, I honestly felt I had bought a lemon the first time but I got pretty much the same thing with the second device except this one rattled as if a small piece of plastic or metal was loose inside the phone.

I know they're low end devices and shouldn't be compared to others costing up to 5 times more but the Lumia 650 DS that was for sale at the time for $199(CAD) and I got it last November for $99(CAD) proves you can build a half decent second device at a very reasonable price without sacrificing too much quality or performance; admittedly I find it a bit light for my tastes and the plastic back feels very brittle when you're removing it to switch SDs or such but other than that it feels very well made.

Not going to talk too much about the laptop but cheap chassis and case materials, poor design and bad tool placement make it a very awkward and unreliable machine to use.
    05-12-17 07:56 AM
    Perhaps it's just bad luck but the only 3 ASUS products I've ever used have been awful, mostly due to build quality but partly due to design.

I bought my first back up ASUS device about 18 months ago for $199(CAD) and the first thing I noticed was the screen creaked and groaned when you applied pressure to it; the power button would get jammed in the frame if you weren't careful when pushing it down; the plastic back felt thin and fragile to the touch. Performance wasn't bad but the thing over heated with the slightest provocation. Similar experiences with the one I bought at $249(CAD) after returning the original phone, I honestly felt I had bought a lemon the first time but I got pretty much the same thing with the second device except this one rattled as if a small piece of plastic or metal was loose inside the phone.

I know they're low end devices and shouldn't be compared to others costing up to 5 times more but the Lumia 650 DS that was for sale at the time for $199(CAD) and I got it last November for $99(CAD) proves you can build a half decent second device at a very reasonable price without sacrificing too much quality or performance; admittedly I find it a bit light for my tastes and the plastic back feels very brittle when you're removing it to switch SDs or such but other than that it feels very well made.

Not going to talk too much about the laptop but cheap chassis and case materials, poor design and bad tool placement make it a very awkward and unreliable machine to use.
    $200 doesn't warrant poor quality. Bought my mom a Moto G5 Plus which was like $230 new and it was a solid feeling phone.

That sucks to hear, Asus used to be my go-to brand because I build a lot of PC's and they were a reliable provider of components. Maybe their component and consumer electronics are run separately??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-13-17 09:05 PM
69 123