I think Asus have finally made the tablet that would make me move to android.

Sure I love the blackberry eco system but there are quite few things missing in the playbook especially some aspects in software as well as hardware. the price could be better too.

Asus continues to seemingly astound everyone with low prices and great looking and hi tech gear for consumers and business users a like.

This memo pad comes with a companion device that I think would probably be used to handle phone calls, has a capacitive stylus (about time companies started including these) and does 3d without glasses all running on some pretty sweet hardware. it also has 3g built in, sd integration as well as a nice comfortable size 7 inch tablet which is part of the reason why I want a playbook.

Asus launches Eee Pad Memo 3D Honeycomb tablet | AndroidOS.in

The ASUS Eee Pad MeMO 3D is designed to be an alternative take on the 10″ tablet that is fast becoming a standard size. This portrait-oriented device has a 7″ multi-touch screen that can be used in the usual way with Android Honeycomb applications, but there�s also the added twist of stylus support, so users can opt for handwriting input and treat the MeMO 3D much like a digital notepad. Productivity is only one area where the Memo 3D scores highly, though. The bundled MeMIC Bluetooth hands-free headset makes it ideal for listening to music and making calls, while flipping the MeMO 3D into landscape turns it into a glasses-free 3D display that adds a new dimension to mobile entertainment. Consumers can enjoy movies, games and photos in 3D, all from the palm of their hand.
    ASUS Eee Pad MeMO 3D official: 7-inches of glasses-free 3D - SlashGear

the only thing holding me back is the Q4 release but then again the playbook isn't even out yet here and lastly the playbook allows me to hook my phone to it but then again you have this companion bluetooth headset.
    05-30-11 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD