What is the main advantage of an email app over the built-in Gmail and email (non-Gmail) clients? Is it mainly push, or is there more to it?

Thanks for the help, folks.
    Here's Touchdown (one of the best from what i've heard)..

Exchange By TouchDown Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

From the looks of it..it allows for a lot more in depth email management and whatnot..as well as push. Especially useful for a corporate user. I find the stock email works great for my needs..which is to send/receive work emails..as well as of course receive spam *shakes fist*..
    Last edited by Rickroller; 01-14-11 at 02:10 PM.
    01-14-11 02:06 PM
    oh my go to the store and play with them. I have the droid incredible and I came from BB it is not that difficult of a transition.
    01-14-11 02:36 PM
    The Moto Defy arrived today, and I've been fiddling with it for hours.

On the positive side....It's compact, almost exactly the same size as the 9780, but obviously with more screen real estate.

Also, I'm getting the hang of Swype, and I haven't even added the auto-text app yet.

I have four out of five email accounts set up and working. The 5th one doesn't want to let me send outgoing mail, for some reason.

I'm confused by the "Messages" folder that seems to hold all the non-gmail the email accounts, but the "Email" folder only holds the Yahoo account.

My biggest problem at the moment is the browser. I can navigate to web pages okay, but if I have to login to anything, it just doesn't do it. I click the "login" button on any web page and it just sits there. Any idea what that's all about?
    01-14-11 10:42 PM
    Good luck bro.......ubizmo......I know you saud shut the **** up about high end androids, but compare a bold to a curve.....yup...that is it.....
    01-15-11 06:16 AM
    My biggest problem at the moment is the browser. I can navigate to web pages okay, but if I have to login to anything, it just doesn't do it. I click the "login" button on any web page and it just sits there. Any idea what that's all about?
    Hmm..i'm guessing that your using the native browser. My suggestion would be try installing Dolphin Lite from the Market. It's a non native browser much like Opera or Bolt for BB's (and it's hella fast). If your still having issues trying to actually log into something..then I would say that you have a setting or something that is preventing it.

EDIT: If you don't like Dolphin..no need to keep it..i'm just suggesting this as a way to "test" out your native browser to see if this is the issue.
    01-15-11 09:32 AM
    The browser issue corrected itself; I'm not sure what the problem was. Maybe some T-Mobile provisioning issue. At any rate, I tried a couple of other browsers but prefer the stock browser.

Since my main reason for switching to this phone was the "stuttering keypad" problem on the 9780, I've been paying close attention to how well text entry is working for me. Swype is fun to use, but still much slower than what I'm used to, even with having to correct doubles on the 9780. So as far as that's concerned, it's a step backward.

Also, text entry in the browser, in forums such as this one, is a very skittish thing. For this sort of thing, the trackpad is better than a fingertip. Some Android devices have trackpads; the Defy doesn't.

GPS on this Defy simply doesn't work.

The screen is barely readable when outdoors. Again, I realize that this is a Defy hardware issue.

I installed the K9 email program for non-Gmail accounts, and I find it to be quite good. I took all the Motoblur widgets off the home screen except for the Weather one.

I installed Juice Defender. Battery life has been atrocious, but then I've been doing a lot of installing, testing, and so on. Today, I plan to do nothing but "normal" things with the phone, to see how it lasts. It's a nice little phone, but I'll still undecided about it. Again, thanks for the help.
    01-16-11 09:47 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD