Ok this is for the true dyed in the wool geeks let the games begin.
    Oh and does make mention of more CPUs coming next year....

Inside the Motorola Droid X | Nanotech - The Circuits Blog - CNET News
    06-26-10 08:14 PM
    this is why evo users get upset about the droid x lmao
    06-26-10 08:19 PM
    Omap (insert dancing banana) shweet!
    06-26-10 09:10 PM
    this is why evo users get upset about the droid x lmao
    Not just EVO users but also lots of others. Seems people are just so insecure and don't want a phone to come out that's better than what they have. It's the way of technology and people need to stop complaining and get used to it. I've had my Droid for months and I'm not complaining. You can't keep up with smartphones unless you have lots of money laying around that you don't need.

I was reading this topic in the S2 section and was just shaking my head. I can't believe so many people share hatred for a phone. It's sad.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...ective-488271/
    06-26-10 09:17 PM
    Not just EVO users but also lots of others. Seems people are just so insecure and don't want a phone to come out that's better than what they have. It's the way of technology and people need to stop complaining and get used to it. I've had my Droid for months and I'm not complaining. You can't keep up with smartphones unless you have lots of money laying around that you don't need.

I was reading this topic in the S2 section and was just shaking my head. I can't believe so many people share hatred for a phone. It's sad.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...ective-488271/
    i agree 100% of what you posted. before i had my droid, i wanted any new phone that could get me off the S1, but now i seen the light (rofl) to android. changed my whole opinion about phones being able to be fully customized. i might have a 9650 and a droid, but im always going to be looking at android for now on. and imagine when the droid pro drops later this year (this is the device im waiting for) people are going to rave about how they have the droid x and blah blah blah. its a continuous cycle and thats why its good to be patient
    06-26-10 09:23 PM
    As hard as it is nowadays, I think waiting for upgrade pays off. That is, unless you can sell your current phone for the price of the phone you wanna buy (without contract).
    Last edited by dwe28; 07-05-10 at 10:07 AM.
    06-26-10 09:37 PM
    So true. Before my Droid, I had a Curve and it wasn't a bad phone (I didn't like it that much though) but I was always comparing it to the iPhone. Then months later the Droid comes out and it looks even better. I had the Curve all the way from March until this past January so I think I was patient but I just couldn't take it anymore with the browsing experience on BB. As soon as I got the money I sold my Curve and jumped ship to Verizon/Droid. Haven't looked back since.

If I could hold my BB for almost a year, I think I can definitely keep my Droid without being so tempted to jump onto a more powerful device. It's an endless cycle and people will always want more. One of the reasons I switched to Verizon was because of the yearly upgrades they offer. I think it's great that I can upgrade to a new phone every 12 months for an $18 fee.
    thats a great point too im my 12 month upgrade is in dec so im tempp to wait, if i wanted to i could use my moms upgrade july 2nd but she wants a new phone so im going to wait.
    06-26-10 10:02 PM
    i agree 100% of what you posted. before i had my droid, i wanted any new phone that could get me off the S1, but now i seen the light (rofl) to android. changed my whole opinion about phones being able to be fully customized. i might have a 9650 and a droid, but im always going to be looking at android for now on. and imagine when the droid pro drops later this year (this is the device im waiting for) people are going to rave about how they have the droid x and blah blah blah. its a continuous cycle and thats why its good to be patient
    If it is LTE compatible I will be right on that bandwagon
    Droid Pro bandwagon. Heck I am already on it; I just want a bigger
    screen. Who knows maybe I will hold out.....
    06-26-10 11:23 PM
    Omap (insert dancing banana) shweet!
    I thought u would like that
    06-26-10 11:25 PM
    $18 fee? I wasn't aware of that. I just switched to verizon in april so I thought I was stuck for a long time.
    06-27-10 01:26 AM
    Both the EVO's and the DroidX's specs are virtually identical....except the fact that the EVO has 4G connectivity. Also, isnt the DroidX's processor (with the OMAP 3630 chip) clocked at 1GHz as well? I don't see how the DroidX is better than the EVO. Am I missing something here?
    06-27-10 03:17 PM
    Both the EVO's and the DroidX's specs are virtually identical....except the fact that the EVO has 4G connectivity. Also, isnt the DroidX's processor (with the OMAP 3630 chip) clocked at 1GHz as well? I don't see how the DroidX is better than the EVO. Am I missing something here?
    Yes. The Droid X's GPU smokes the EVOs. Snapdragon GPU is **** compared to Omap. The current GPU in the Droid is better than the Snapdragon GPU.
    06-27-10 03:19 PM
    Gotcha. I thought everyone was talking in terms of clock speed. However the mad scientists over at xda-devs are working on overclocking the Snapdragon's Adreno GPU and unlocking the 30fps cap as we speak, so I'll stick with my modded EVO because 4G is AWESOME!
    06-27-10 04:07 PM
    Yea, the EVO and other devices are capable of greater things once rooted and developers make the mods. Just stock, the Droid X is more "powerful". The EVO is still great though.
    06-27-10 04:11 PM
    The DroidX is better than the EVO in certain light....and the EVO is better than the DroidX in certain light as well. I think it just depends on what the consumer is looking for. It does kinda suck that the EVO's frame rate is capped and the GPU isnt better, but 4G is totally worth it for me.
    06-27-10 04:17 PM
    Exactly. It all depends on what the user wants.
    06-27-10 04:20 PM
    That DroidX is definitely one he77 of a bada$$ device though. If I was with Big Red, I would be all over that s***!
    06-27-10 04:23 PM
    Definitely. I'm just waiting to find out more info about the Droid Pro before I buy the X.
    06-27-10 05:00 PM
    Definitely. I'm just waiting to find out more info about the Droid Pro before I buy the X.
    Same here. I was going to jump on the X, but with a possible 2ghz processor Android phone looming on the horizon, I'm going to wait before I burn my last available upgrade on our family plan.
    06-27-10 07:09 PM
    Biggest thing holding me back from preordering the Droid X is, one will it have a locked bootloader (ie no root in a long long time or possibly ever) or if not, how long will it take for the devs to acquire root access.

I know it may seem trivial, but I have been so used to running rooted, with all my root apps, and themed roms, etc, etc, that I just don't want to go back to stock android.
    06-27-10 07:19 PM
    The DroidX is better than the EVO in certain light....and the EVO is better than the DroidX in certain light as well. I think it just depends on what the consumer is looking for. It does kinda suck that the EVO's frame rate is capped and the GPU isnt better, but 4G is totally worth it for me.
    The EVO is the $hit I thought about switching for it....
    06-27-10 08:03 PM
    The Droid X is even larger than the EVO, which is pretty damn big to begin with. I saw a video benchmarking the two and the nexus one and the X looked huge! There has to be a point whena device gets to be too big...

With that being said it looks like a sick device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 08:48 PM
    The Droid X is even larger than the EVO, which is pretty damn big to begin with. I saw a video benchmarking the two and the nexus one and the X looked huge! There has to be a point whena device gets to be too big...

I think pretty soon, by sometime next year (or even the end of this year?), we will see our phones slooowly creep into the mini-tablet area, lol. I mean, how big can a screen on a "phone" be before it's classified as a small tablet? 5"?
    06-27-10 11:26 PM

Gotta say that when I went into Best Buy to look at the Incredible....i thought it was a bit small for me.
    06-28-10 01:17 PM
    all these new phones hard to decide what to get
    06-29-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD