From what I understand, you currently cannot load applications on the memory card in an Android phone - is my understanding correct? If so, I'm assuming (hoping?) that this is fixed in future release. It seems very limiting if true, particularly for applications (games) that need lots of stoage.
    01-06-10 05:04 PM
    From what I understand, you currently cannot load applications on the memory card in an Android phone - is my understanding correct? If so, I'm assuming (hoping?) that this is fixed in future release. It seems very limiting if true, particularly for applications (games) that need lots of stoage.
    you may find your question goes unanswered - due to the fact that this whole website is dedicated to blackberry handsets. Just gonna throw that one out there
    01-06-10 05:10 PM
    Here's an answer, stock you cannot load apps to the memory card. If you root your phone you can load apps to SD...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 05:12 PM
    How can you load or move apps to mem card on an 8530?
    01-06-10 05:39 PM
    How can you load or move apps to mem card on an 8530?
    This is an android section and android related question, so therefore wrong place to ask this.
    01-06-10 06:08 PM
    Complete Chaos!!!!
    01-06-10 06:09 PM
    you may find your question goes unanswered - due to the fact that this whole website is dedicated to blackberry handsets. Just gonna throw that one out there
    I know that - I was on this site because I own a Storm and there are a lot of sharp people who hang out here who might know the answer. I was planning on posting the same thing on Android Central.
    01-06-10 06:35 PM
    So far I don't know of android games that rival iphone games storage-wise. At the moment you cannot install app's onto your memory stick without rooting your phone and having a custom rom that allows for that. There are no custom roms that allow that functionality for the moto droid and any 2.0+ android phone. Google has said that they are looking into allowing this in the future but there is no set date.

In short, stock android cannot install apps onto memory stick, rooted android can install them on 1.6 and lower with specific phones.
    01-06-10 07:33 PM
    Ok Android (rooted) can use the sd card with the app apps2sdcard. According to Google they are working on a way to make this doable on new OS's...
    01-06-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD