I'm curious if anyone has had a chance to play around with the new Android "material design" lollipop OS. From my understanding it's supposed to be a complete overhaul which really sharpened the system and made it smooth as butter. So is it as smooth as BlackBerry 10? Is it organized now?

I used to have an android and it was a complete mess. The os stuttered, lagged and felt very unorganized. I never knew where anything was at if that makes sense. So I'm wondering if anyone here has experience using the new makeover lollipop and if so, how's it working out for you?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:19 PM
    The thing is, does it have the flow?

Android, no matter how much better it gets (and let's face it: it has come a LONG way since 2.3), just does not match BB10's flow and easy of use.

It has more apps. It has more support. It has more gadgets. But it does not come close to how fluid BB10 is because it was not coded to work like BB10.

But heck, it isn't the platform with the most marketshare for no reason. I wouldn't go that way though.
    10-21-14 10:50 PM
    The thing is, does it have the flow?

Android, no matter how much better it gets (and let's face it: it has come a LONG way since 2.3), just does not match BB10's flow and easy of use.

It has more apps. It has more support. It has more gadgets. But it does not come close to how fluid BB10 is because it was not coded to work like BB10.

But heck, it isn't the platform with the most marketshare for no reason. I wouldn't go that way though.

I have it on my Nexus 7 and its great. I dont see how BB10 is "more" productive and vice versa. Its how you set up things on Android. So the opinion is super subjective
    10-21-14 10:57 PM
    I have it on my Nexus 7 and its great. I dont see how BB10 is "more" productive and vice versa. Its how you set up things on Android. So the opinion is super subjective
    I agree, but you'd be hard pressed to get smartphone enthusiasts concede that productivity depends on the user LOL. In each forum, you'll get users who swear their platform of choice is most productive with a vehemence that precludes reasoned debate.

But, I like what I've seen with L.
    anon(257429) and lssanjose like this.
    10-21-14 11:15 PM
    BlackBerry 10 was smooth enough itself on its very first introduction to the world in Jan '13. Android has been evolving over a much longer time still can't match up to BB10. I don't see that happening with Lollipop as well. BB10 is just that much different. Honestly there is no comparison between the two.

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    10-21-14 11:25 PM
    BlackBerry 10 was smooth enough itself on its very first introduction to the world in Jan '13. Android has been evolving over a much longer time still can't match up to BB10. I don't see that happening with Lollipop as well. BB10 is just that much different. Honestly there is no comparison between the two.

LOL.
    10-21-14 11:28 PM
    Grafic 111 meet Tre Lawrence

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    10-21-14 11:46 PM
    I'm actually thinking this is THE most polished OS Google has ever made.

That said I think of hookers and Pimps when Lollipop is mentioned,lol its just not a modern word anymore but Google is bringing back the 70's funk!!

I'm more interested in the OS partition security that is evolved from KNOX, how much is it like and similar to BB10's secure work space. If it is even 70% like BB10's Personal vs Work Space - and add to that ANY of the hardware licensees makes a half decent keyboard based Android device.... then we could have a SERIOUS problem for BlackBerry's future on our hands!!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-22-14 12:10 AM

lol ok.
    10-22-14 12:12 AM
    Do you have a BlackBerry 10 device?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 12:15 AM
    I can already see law firms and the DOD rolling out their IT training slides with the heading: "Lollipop mobile deployment initiative"

Not.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 12:19 AM
    Moved to Android...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-22-14 12:25 AM
    I can already see law firms and the DOD rolling out their IT training slides with the heading: "Lollipop mobile deployment initiative"

Not.

Posted via CB10
    Pimping like a Suit Baller!
    Lol.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-22-14 02:49 AM
    This is the biggest jump android has made since ICS and I'm excited about the future of android!
    anon(257429) and lssanjose like this.
    10-22-14 08:39 AM
    Do you have a BlackBerry 10 device?

Posted via CB10
    I tried a BB10 device and I didnt like it. I tried it three times. But I dont see what that has to do with anything. If I want to be productive on Android, its super easy. So my question back to you is, do you have a Android device?
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-22-14 09:13 AM
    I'm curious if anyone has had a chance to play around with the new Android "material design" lollipop OS. From my understanding it's supposed to be a complete overhaul which really sharpened the system and made it smooth as butter. So is it as smooth as BlackBerry 10? Is it organized now?

I used to have an android and it was a complete mess. The os stuttered, lagged and felt very unorganized. I never knew where anything was at if that makes sense. So I'm wondering if anyone here has experience using the new makeover lollipop and if so, how's it working out for you?
    Lag really depends on the device. It's not so much that "Android lags" as "some Android devices lag." My RAZR Maxx HD for example often lags when switching between apps (everything else is quick though), but my Nexus 7 tablet always responds instantly.

I've played with an early release on my Nexus 7, and I think some of the Google apps like Play Store now have a Lollipop feel to them. It's certainly pretty to watch, but I find all the flipping, fading and sliding kinda distracting. Maybe I just need to get used to it.
    10-22-14 09:53 AM

You're right about one thing, there is no comparison between the two.
    Last edited by GG1; 10-23-14 at 05:29 AM.
    10-22-14 08:56 PM

When BB10 was launched in the beginning of 2013, Android was already on version 4.2 which was smooth and have encountered no OS lag on my nexus 7. Untill 4.1, Android was not smooth, but whatever google did they made it so. I think samsung has the biggest fault for the laggy reputation of Android.

My friends with Nexus 4 and 5 never complained about lag.
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-29-14 09:54 AM
    When BB10 was launched in the beginning of 2013, Android was already on version 4.2 which was smooth and have encountered no OS lag on my nexus 7. Untill 4.1, Android was not smooth, but whatever google did they made it so. I think samsung has the biggest fault for the laggy reputation of Android.

Exactly... But when you say that. people assume Samsung is Android... SMH
    10-30-14 12:05 AM
    Can anyone using lollipop tell me if BBM voice is working for them on L?
    10-31-14 02:07 PM
    I tried a BB10 device and I didnt like it. I tried it three times. But I dont see what that has to do with anything. If I want to be productive on Android, its super easy. So my question back to you is, do you have a Android device?
    I own a android device. It's not as productive as BB10. My android is literally a entertainment machine.

Posted via CB10
    CharlieV likes this.
    10-31-14 02:11 PM
    I own a android device. It's not as productive as BB10. My android is literally a entertainment machine.

Posted via CB10
    THIS. My last android was wonderful for entertainment.. games, social networking, etc. I prefer BlackBerry (for the moment) because I enjoy organization, productivity, and the smoothness which BlackBerry 10 OS offers. I am however interested in the new Android material design overhaul which lollipop utilizes in their latest os iteration... i.e. is it smooth and organized? Does it lag like android devices used to?

I'll be strongly considering android when my contract with Verizon ends in March 2015 unless BlackBerry rolls out something new for Verizon. I can't bring myself to buy an apple even though it's more smooth and organized than android.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 10:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Good. And im glad it works for you, just like my Droid Turbo and Nexus 7 works for me
    GG1 likes this.
    11-02-14 06:37 PM

Agree. As a Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 9 owner, lag is a non issue for me. Lollipop 5.0 is buttery smooth and a very nice improvement over KitKat.
    lssanjose and anon(257429) like this.
    11-06-14 03:19 AM
    I need to get that snippet of Bart Scott's "Can't wait!" I just got a Nexus 5, and it's smooth, across the board.

My old Galaxy Nexus is smooth, outside of its physical limitations.

I've had a Droid Incredible work really smoothly, as well as the Droid I had. My S3 wasn't too shabby. It did help to run an AOSP build on these devices. Productivity gap is closing, with Office Mobile being pushed out the way it is, and I'm liking what I see down the pipe with Inbox

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    GG1 likes this.
    11-09-14 12:56 AM
47 12