So i picked up my droid last Friday. It is an amazing machine. Very smooth, enormous app store, great features but...

It does not support bluetooth dialing. Making a phone call while driving is not an easy thing to do with this phone. When in standby mode, it takes 6 seperate selections just to get to the contact search screen. Which brings me to my second problem. I have about 300 customer contacts in my list. Some I know by company name, others I know by contact name. The search function will not look at anything but the contact name. The contacts within organizations are ever changing, so it is impossible for me to keep up with the names.

One more thing...The contact transfer isnt a smooth process from bberry phone either. The names got transferred, but all of the additional information gets put in a footnote, not in the phone number locations. So I would probably spend an entire day getting them in the right place.

If these minor issues dont bother you, then I would recommend it over the berry OS. I had a Storm 1 before I cracked the screen. So I can compare them and the Google OS is much smoother with better implementation but it is a computer first and a phone second.
    11-10-09 10:38 AM
    Sounds like every other phone...
    Not perfect.
    11-10-09 10:42 AM
    Although it probably doesn't belong in this forum. The rumor is dec 11 an update is coming for the android os that will address the Bluetooth and other problems.

As far as contacts I think I'd use google sync to transfer.

I don't have a droid so take all info from me with a grain of salt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 10:44 AM
    Sounds like every other phone...
    Not perfect.
    Amen! There is no such thing as a perfect phone! and there never will be.
    11-10-09 10:44 AM
    Although it probably doesn't belong in this forum.
    *ding ding ding!
    11-10-09 10:53 AM
    All phones have some issues, but it is clear to me that for business, you can't beat a Blackberry. All the other stuff (apps, etc.) are just a plus. Go TERPS!
    11-10-09 10:54 AM
    I went to the local Verizon store the other day to check out the Droid, and as much as I wanted to love it (that screen was SOOOOO beautiful), both the virtual AND slideout keyboard made typing impossible. Perhaps the virtual keyboard's settings can be changed to improve the situation, but I've never had such an attrocious experience.

I tried the Eris as well, and it was also no better.

On the other hand, the Storm 2 was exceptional - very easy to type with and unexpectedly responsive. Sad that it still wouldn't play vids from nbc.com, but that will still be my pick when it comes to upgrade time....for now anyway :-)
    11-10-09 10:55 AM
    I am so sick of coming to the Storm2 forum and reading about nothing but Droids. There is a Droid-specific forum on this site where this should be posted. Maybe I'll go to the Droid forum and see if that's where all the S2 posts are. Seriously, mods....
    11-10-09 10:59 AM
    I went to the local Verizon store the other day to check out the Droid, and as much as I wanted to love it (that screen was SOOOOO beautiful), both the virtual AND slideout keyboard made typing impossible. Perhaps the virtual keyboard's settings can be changed to improve the situation, but I've never had such an attrocious experience.

I tried the Eris as well, and it was also no better.

On the other hand, the Storm 2 was exceptional - very easy to type with and unexpectedly responsive. Sad that it still wouldn't play vids from nbc.com, but that will still be my pick when it comes to upgrade time....for now anyway :-)

ah, try reading that "beautiful" screen outdoors in bright sunlight! The Storm2's screen is FAR brighter than the droid. I did a side-by-side to verify what my eyes told me when I first looked at the droid, which was set to 100% brightness. I won't own a phone I can't view outdoors.
    11-10-09 11:07 AM
    Although it probably doesn't belong in this forum. The rumor is dec 11 an update is coming for the android os that will address the Bluetooth and other problems.

As far as contacts I think I'd use google sync to transfer.

I don't have a droid so take all info from me with a grain of salt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yes

before i went to the eris i downloaded google sync onto my storm and synced up. then when i got the eris i logged in and downloaded all 180ish in about 1 minute.
    11-10-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD