I know about all the threads of people lukewarm about their Storm who love the Droid. But I'd like to hear from those who REALLY liked their Storm and still love the Droid more.

See, I am really digging my storm and don't want a let down

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 11:46 AM
    Stay with your Storm then.

11-23-09 11:50 AM
    Read my post from today, I liked my storm but then after 5.0 official update I really liked my Storm. But after messing with the Droid I realized it's on a whole different level of goodness. I am still getting used to the phone but I must say it's not even comparable.
    11-23-09 11:54 AM
    I loved my Storm. Swore by it. But once I got my hands on this Droid we broke up.

It all depends what you do with your device. If you like to do everything you can than the Droid gives you a better experience. If just email, messaging, and web surfing is your thing the Storm probably works just fine.
    11-23-09 11:55 AM
    If you like your Storm, why do you want to switch?

What do * YOU * think the Droid offers that the storm just can't match? (two obvious things to me... 1. Web browser, 2. Screen Rez).

I guess what I'm saying is... If you like your storm, and its working fine, then why do YOU want to replace it?

Which phone a person has/uses/likes is really a matter of personal opinion or preference...
    11-23-09 11:58 AM
    Web browsing, email, google voice search, google nav (of course)

11-23-09 12:16 PM
    I'll bite on this one......loved my Storm, upgraded to 5.0, even better, though still slightly buggy. Ordered Storm 2 when eligible, very, very, happy. When inticed by the Moto Droid commercials I thought "don't believe the hype". I let it get to me and played with one for awhile and as of today I'm sending the Storm 2 back within 30 days and have had my Droid since Friday. What everyone else has said is true....it's a different animal. The screen is fantastic, the browser very fast and pretty, Google nav is VERY cool and I loved my VZ Nav. So I will be learning this device (and it will take awhile) and after loving each Blackberry release for the last 5 years seeing if the grass is indeed greener on the other side.
    Last edited by pga166; 11-23-09 at 01:39 PM.
    11-23-09 12:32 PM
    ^ rhanks. I was hoping to hear from a satisfied Storm user like this.

11-23-09 12:44 PM
    I loved my Storm, but I love my Droid more.
    11-23-09 01:11 PM
    The storm was OK. After a warranty replacement that came with OS5.0, it was MUCH better, but still had its share of bugs, and slow running, and.......I think RIM should have skipped the S1 and just waited to sell the S2

My droid arrives tomorrow, cant wait!
    11-23-09 01:26 PM
    Loved my Storm. After the .148 update, started recommending it to others and bought one for my wife. I used it constantly and dutifully loaded every leaked OS. I was ready to purchase the S2 until I started reading about the Droid on BGR. I decided to hold off on the S2 purchase (Verizon not allowing me to upgrade 1 month early helped this). When the Droid hit, it didn't take long to see that its potential was greater than that of the S2. After using it for a few days, I realized that it was far more stable than my Storm ever was. I use Touchdown and my exchange email experience is comparable to my Storm (though slightly slower I concede), but otherwise it is just a far more satisfying user experience. The web browsing is better. Search is better. Navigation, well, goes without saying. The UI is more touch friendly. The camera is better (for the next 18 days or so ). READING email is better on this phone. HTML email looks like it's supposed to. PDF attachments show up clearly and easily. It was always an effort to read pdf's even with the larger screen on the storm. Everything feels "snappier." I can download non-drm mp3's directly to my phone from Amazon. The error correction even makes touchscreen typing better than the Storm was. I thought I'd never be able to type on a touchscreen without the "click" but it's actually easier with Android. Also, the combination of touch and a physical keyboard makes copy/paste functions much easier and more accurate than the "quirky" experience of the Storm.

Guess I could go on, but I think you get the general impression. I'm not a heavy poster, but I think a sampling of my pre-11-06-09 posts will show that I was a very pro-storm person. It's the big reason that I still frequent these forums. I'm not a RIM basher, troll or fanboy by any stretch.

11-23-09 01:58 PM
    I owned the storm and going from that to the droid was like traveling forward in time a year. I have not had a single issue with the moto, and highly recommend it. Typing on the storm is not fast, browsing the web? Snail slow, crack berry would take minute to load and it just became apparent that RIM was not interested in making it a top shelf device. Don't get me wrong, I loved my storm like a stepchild, but I am going to adopt the Droid....lol.
    11-23-09 02:09 PM
    I've been using the Google voice search a lot more than I thought I ever would.

Example.. was in another city on Sunday and wanted Dunkin Donuts. No clue where one was. All I had to do was tap the microphone, said navigate to dunkin donuts, hit the closest one and it gave me directions.

Want to search the web for something? just ask it.

I've had the phone for almost two weeks now and still finding new things.
    11-23-09 02:14 PM
    I really like my s2 alot. I had become bored with it though. There was only so much you could do with it. Droid is on totally differently level of phone. Besides email DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRoid is the way to go.
    11-23-09 02:20 PM
    I liked my Storm but love my Droid.
    11-23-09 02:26 PM
    I liked my storm a lot, I gave it to my wife and she likes it too. But ya the droid is just A LOT more phone. I could never go back to the storm
    11-23-09 02:42 PM
    Thanks all. Like I said, it's easy for people NOT happy with their Storm to like the Droid, but I wanted to hear from those happy with the BB to tell me what they thought.

This covers all I needed
    11-23-09 05:21 PM
    Absolutely loved my Storm with .148 OS and later. The official 5.0 upgrade made it a great phone, I really didn't have any complaints with it except that it didn't have WiFi. That's why I went into the VZW store to buy the new S2, but while I was waiting to be seen, I played with the Droid. I figured, what the heck, if I don't like it, I'll bring it back and get the S2.

Well, the Droid is not going back. It's a completely different beast. I do not have the email problems that some are complaining about. My emails hit my phone within a minute of being sent 99% of the time. (Granted I do use email forwarding on my accounts to forward all email to my gmail account at the server level, and my gmail pushes it to the phone, this works quite well for me).
    11-23-09 07:50 PM
    I had to make myself like the storm by constantly updating it with leaks, doing constant battery pulls, Torx screw fix etc. As soon as I turned on the Droid I realized that it was a vastly superior phone, one that wouldn't required hand holding maintenence to work. And that's why I love it. DROID DOES

11-23-09 08:37 PM
    I had the Storm1, used it for the better part of a year now. There was about a month of Tour use in there.

I got the Droid. I used it two weeks. Yes, it has a great screen, very nice web browser. Google nav is nice, but its directions aren't always that accurate.

But I could not stand the battery cover falling off. Time delay between taking a picture and when the Droid is ready for the next, the focus problem (which should be solved for the next few weeks, then breaks again unless they patch it), grainy photos, no Hands Free BT voice dialing (like I have on every other dumb phone, winmo, and bb), they physical slide out keyboard isn't very good, no push face book alerts, poor google voice integration (i.e. on for all calls, off for all calls, or prompt on every call vs. BB where you can click on a contact and select either "call" or "Call with google voice"), and a few more little things that all added up to a frustrating experience.

I'm using a Storm2 now because my GF wanted to upgrade, so we did the BOGO. Its stable, works, and does what I need. If she didn't want to upgrade her's, I'd be back to the Storm1 with v5 OS which was just fine.

The Droid has potential, but I'm not ready to deal with it while I wait for it to live up to all it can be.

EDIT: With that being said, I do plan on trying the droid again AFTER the first software update for it gets released to see if it fixes my complaints (except for battery cover).
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 11-24-09 at 06:39 AM.
    11-23-09 09:07 PM
    I'm using a Storm2 now because my GF wanted to upgrade, so we did the BOGO. Its stable, works, and does what I need. If she didn't want to upgrade her's, I'd be back to the Storm1 with v5 OS which was just fine.

The Droid has potential, but I'm not ready to deal with it while I wait for it to live up to all it can be.
    : )

*speechless*
    11-23-09 10:15 PM
    : )

*speechless*
    About which part?

That I liked the Storm1, and even Storm2 over the current Droid?

Or the fact that the reason for me having a Storm2 is because of the GF? I figured, hey, if she's buying one.. why not get a freebie?? It never hurts to have a spare device... especially when its FREE.
    11-24-09 06:38 AM
    I absolutely loved my Storm. And to be honest, there really sin't much the Droid does that you can't do with the Storm. It just does everything a little better. The biggest issue for you may be getting used to the new OS. You will get frustrated, but just give it a shot and I can pretty much say you will not be dissapointed.
    11-24-09 11:56 AM
    I know about all the threads of people lukewarm about their Storm who love the Droid. But I'd like to hear from those who REALLY liked their Storm and still love the Droid more.

I liked my Storm AFTER the last update. However, the Droid is in another league completely.
    11-24-09 01:01 PM
    I liked my Storm but love my Droid.
    ditto

Storm was great but behind the times.
    11-24-09 02:03 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD