Sears has a Lenovo Ideapad K1 Android 3.0, Tegra2 T20 for $299.00. Is anyone familiar with this tablet? I am still looking for a Christmas present and can't spend $500-700 for a tablet. Would t his be a decent one for web surfing, android market applications and book reading? That is about what we need to do with one.......

Thanks
    12-07-11 01:22 PM
    Lenovo hasn't been doing too well with their tablets. Look up some K1 reviews.
    12-07-11 01:57 PM
    Its a good mfg.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 10:51 PM
    My brother has one and has had no issues

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 10:51 PM
    Why not a Kindle Fire or Nook Color for 199 or 250? Much better ecosystem with either one IMO. I still get around fine with the Kindle fire. I can sideload any Android app for the most part. Silk browser works well and can even load Opera Mini or Dolphin HD off getjar. I can read and watch movies with ease and even Netflix works great!

Also not hard to root the KF. I have yet to do so as I really haven't found a need for it. So besides that only thing hindering it is no camera or a lot of memory. Nook has more due to the SD slot and internal seems more, but has to be Barnes and Noble content for internal.
    Sent from I am on Fire!
    12-08-11 09:07 PM
    Multiple 7" android tablets have been on sale for $200-250 in the last few days a lone. There's no tablet of quick sales due to tablets not selling.
    12-08-11 10:10 PM
    I actually had the chance to play around with the Ideapad at my local Best Buy, and I was very impressed. I recently ordered a Toshiba Thrive 10.1 (all the ports were a big draw for me) for 319, but I kind of regret not getting the Ideapad. Yes, the Lenova brand isn't as well known as Samsung, etc, but I am very impressed with the quality of their products lately. The Ideapad is incredibly solid and has an amazing built. It is also one of the fastest experiences I have seen on an Android tablet. So, yes, it is definetly worth the 299 and I highly recommend it based on my time with it. It has a bit of a strange skin over Honeycomb, but it is great. The only thing I would say is that it is in everyway, an iPad clone, even down to the home button, but it is very solid and well worth the money overall I would say.
    12-10-11 06:58 PM
    I was looking at the K1 as a gift for my wife. I ended up getting the Acer Iconia 7" instead, mostly due to availability. If the K1 was available at the time, I would just have likely gone with it as I did with the A100. Best Buy had the A100 for $189 on Black Friday, so it was just as affordable as the Fire.

She was interested in the Kindle Fire, but we decided to go with a full-featured tablet instead. Being able to do things like Skype, switch keyboards, camera, and mic were some of the reasons we chose to not go the Fire route. Plus, having access to all the apps she already purchased in the Marketplace was a plus.

The Kindle Fire at $199 isn't a bad option, but I do think spending an extra $50-100 is well worth the difference in features. Lenovo makes good products (they were contracted by IBM to make their laptops), and the K1 looks like a good product. It will be interesting to see how the development community embraces it.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.
    12-27-11 07:09 AM
    So, CoastalFan, did you end up getting the K1?
    12-27-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD