I haven't gotten any e-mails in around 3 hours, and I can't access the internet at all on the phone (Wifi, Carrier's).

Any ideas?
    11-08-09 12:42 AM
    I really hope the same thing didn't happen to you, that happened to me.

Basically, for some reason, my android market stopped allowing me to download apps as well as google talk refused to connect. After several reboots, and whatnot, as well as uninstalling apps, nothing fixed it.

I looked into it and read that a factory reset was the only fix, I did it, and it fixed it, although it was a pain to get all my settings and layouts back to what they were before, the only nice thing was that all my apps that I had downloaded from the market were restored as soon as I logged into my gmail account.
    Last edited by FrostMan; 11-08-09 at 12:54 AM.
    11-08-09 12:50 AM
    I really hope the same thing didn't happen to you, that happened to me.

Basically, for some reason, my android market stopped allowing me to download apps as well as google talk refused to connect. After several reboots, and whatnot, as well as uninstalling apps, nothing fixed it.

I looked into it and read that a factory reset was the only fix, I did it, and it fixed it, although it was a pain to get all my settings and layouts back to what they were before, the only nice thing was that all my apps that I had downloaded from the market were restored as soon as I logged into my gmail account.
    I just fixed it! It was my weather app! Somehow it was making the internet not work.... Deleted it, and now works perfectly! Thank you very much for your reply!
    11-08-09 12:56 AM
    yeah you have to be careful with the apps bc they are not all compatible with 2.0 and they have unknown side effects
    11-08-09 12:58 AM
    yeah you have to be careful with the apps bc they are not all compatible with 2.0 and they have unknown side effects
    Ha! Didn't realize that! Thank you very much for the tip. I'm clueless when it comes to the Android OS

I'm learning little by little

Thanks again.
    11-08-09 01:00 AM
    Hey sal, what weather app was it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 01:13 AM
    Hey sal, what weather app was it?

It was weathereye
    11-08-09 01:17 AM
    Ha! Didn't realize that! Thank you very much for the tip. I'm clueless when it comes to the Android OS

I'm learning little by little

Thanks again.
    haha no problem . android has a bit of a learning curve
    11-08-09 01:26 AM
    I just fixed it! It was my weather app! Somehow it was making the internet not work.... Deleted it, and now works perfectly! Thank you very much for your reply!
    Can you tell us which weather app it was so we can avoid it ourselves?
    11-08-09 01:39 AM
    He said Weathereye.

11-08-09 02:01 AM
    It was weathereye
    WTF? Weathereye? Sheesh Sal, load up Watherbug already.
    11-08-09 10:09 AM
    WTF? Weathereye? Sheesh Sal, load up Watherbug already.
    See Civic, you disappear for a second and I f**K up my phone! Maybe I should text you every time I download something to see if its a go.

Downloading weatherbug as I write this. Thanks man.
    11-08-09 10:57 AM
    Did real push GMail start working after the true release date? I saw your video where it only seems to fetch every 5 minutes and even then you still had to manually do it.

I don't think I could ever live without Blackberry Style push ever again. It's so annoying sending an urgent email to people with Iphones and they get it 15-30 minutes later.
    11-08-09 11:27 AM
    How do you know when Sal's found something that he likes and he's trying to learn about it?.... he's quiet.
    11-08-09 02:29 PM
    How do you know when Sal's found something that he likes and he's trying to learn about it?.... he's quiet.
    Like I said Civic, the phone is awesome, I just can't use it as my daily driver I can type so much faster on my Storm 2, but I'm sure eventually I will be able to get to that speed on the Droid. Aside from that call quality is great on the Droid too, all the apps, the display is just astonishing, and even the hardware is very slick, sexy, and "businessy" looking. LOL

Its a lot of fun and I for sure want to learn as much as possible about this phone

And I'm quiet because I'm working on a movie right now that is taking all of my time, and I'm at the office right now I hate the weekends, so this is perfect for me
    11-08-09 03:31 PM
    Like I said Civic, the phone is awesome, I just can't use it as my daily driver I can type so much faster on my Storm 2, but I'm sure eventually I will be able to get to that speed on the Droid. Aside from that call quality is great on the Droid too, all the apps, the display is just astonishing, and even the hardware is very slick, sexy, and "businessy" looking. LOL

Its a lot of fun and I for sure want to learn as much as possible about this phone

And I'm quiet because I'm working on a movie right now that is taking all of my time, and I'm at the office right now I hate the weekends, so this is perfect for me
    How The Droid Stole Christmas...?
    11-08-09 07:38 PM
    I haven't gotten any e-mails in around 3 hours, and I can't access the internet at all on the phone (Wifi, Carrier's).

Any ideas?
    The mail service must be running in order to poll your e-mails. If by chance you are using the task killer, put that to the ignore list. Also, make sure you are actually getting e-mails. Maybe no one loves you? By the way, the only "push" e-mail you are going to get are from either Exchange or Gmail (if set up with sync).

Edit: I didn't read enough ahead. Get the 'Weather Widget' program. It's awesome. It has the flip clock from the Sense UI as well.
    Last edited by Shadow.xXx; 11-10-09 at 01:30 AM.
    11-10-09 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD