I'm looking into an Android phone. I'm having far too many problems with BlackBerries. Any suggestions for a good, reliable Android phone? Any insight is helpful. Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 02:23 AM
    Do you have an available upgrade? Do you want a physical keyboard or are you okay with an all touchscreen device?
    01-21-11 02:25 AM
    By the way, interesting username, Kirisute Gomen, for someone from Philadelphia.
    01-21-11 02:29 AM
    Do you have a preference in carrier? Do you need a keyboard? Do you wat the most advanced thing out, or are you ok with something that's been out a while and is cheaper? Give u more info on what you need/want and we can do a better job with suggestions.

01-21-11 03:38 AM
    same questions here....we're trying to decide on the D2 or the DX now....the main issue is price on the Xs. but the VZW guy said we could get the D2 and then the X would be free! but i'd have to talk the wifey into having the 2, lol. but maybe we'll just both get the X.....we'll see.
    01-21-11 09:10 AM
    Can you hold off until around march? the newest line up on VZ of android phones should start coming out then (LTE). I think if you can wait you'll be able to buy a really good phone that will last you a solid 2 years.
    01-21-11 11:26 AM
    same questions here....we're trying to decide on the D2 or the DX now....the main issue is price on the Xs. but the VZW guy said we could get the D2 and then the X would be free! but i'd have to talk the wifey into having the 2, lol. but maybe we'll just both get the X.....we'll see.
    All smartphones should be BOGA now. Also, keep in mind that you can exchange one time within the 30 days if you want a different device.
    01-21-11 01:18 PM
    Since you have sprint I would suggest the EVO or Epic. I have both and both are good phones. One has a keyboard and the other is fully touchscreen. That just depends on your preference. I would suggest going in and playing with them and seeing which one you like better.
    01-21-11 01:36 PM
    I have the Droid 2, and I love it! I like the option of the physical keyboard. And if battery life is important to you than the Droids (2 and X) are definitely the way to go! I had my phone unplugged since 5am this morning and still had 50% battery 12 hours later after using is normally all day. (And by normal I mean I was on twitter a lot, sent/received a few emails, sent a few texts, and browsed the internet some.)

So in my opinion both of those phones are great and the deciding factor between them is size and whether or not you want the physical keyboard. ^_^
    01-21-11 07:30 PM
    keep in mind that you can exchange one time within the 30 days if you want a different device.
    It is 14 days now.
    01-21-11 07:40 PM
    I suggest you seek help with your BlackBerry from someone that knows them and enjoy what you have as it's a fine device, but if you must have Android it's the Evo from Sprint, or anything mid to highend from HTC, with Samsung as a distant second.
    01-21-11 10:54 PM
    I'd say go with the Epic 4G. The Galaxy S phones are pretty awesome, even though its been a struggle to get Froyo on them... ><
    01-22-11 11:27 AM
    If you are sticking with Sprint, I'd say go with the Evo Shift. It's light weight, has a great physical keyboard, and is very snappy.
    01-22-11 12:13 PM
    There is no more 30 days with Verizon they have returned to the 14 day trial. That change took place Jan 16th
    01-22-11 08:49 PM
    I bought the EVO Shift. I ended up being covered for my Bold's cracked screen so ii use that again. The Shift is now my back up. Sorry it took me so long. I don't have a home PC at the moment and wasn't able to sign in. I chose this user name "Kirisute Gomen" from a Metal song by the band Trivium.

02-09-11 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD