Hello,

I am getting the SD card error on my Nexus One: "SD card removed, Please replace". Well the card is in there and hasn't been taken out now all of a sudden an error. I searched the Nexus forums on Google and it seems some other people were getting the error and some fixed it by just powering off the device and removing the card then putting it back. Hasn't worked for me.

I haven't done anything different and the error just popped up. Also when hooked up to the computer the card doesn't show up anymore. Anyone have this error and found out how to fix it? Is it as simple as replacing the SD card? I don't want to buy another card for it to not work. A little frustrating right now. This was one of the reasons I prefer flash storage than media cards. Any help would be appreciated.
    03-19-10 11:45 AM
    Hmm, first try to remove it and place it back in, not sure if you need to have the battery out as I have a Droid and it's hardware placement is different. Preferably remove it and put it back in while it is on, also try taking it out while it is powered off, turning it on without an sd card, then insert it, again if you need the battery to be out, power off again then insert and power on again.

If that does nothing, if you have a spare micro sd lying around, test it and see if it gives you the same error, that should tell you if the sd card is faulty.

Last advice would be if you have an sd card reader, to hook it up directly to your pc and see if it recognizes it.

Wrote this during my lunchbreak, so I am sorry if it doesn't make complete sense lol.
    03-19-10 03:11 PM
    Hmm, first try to remove it and place it back in, not sure if you need to have the battery out as I have a Droid and it's hardware placement is different. Preferably remove it and put it back in while it is on, also try taking it out while it is powered off, turning it on without an sd card, then insert it, again if you need the battery to be out, power off again then insert and power on again.

If that does nothing, if you have a spare micro sd lying around, test it and see if it gives you the same error, that should tell you if the sd card is faulty.

Last advice would be if you have an sd card reader, to hook it up directly to your pc and see if it recognizes it.

Wrote this during my lunchbreak, so I am sorry if it doesn't make complete sense lol.
    Yeah I tried taking it out and putting back it. You can't take it out or put it back in without removing the battery so I've tried powering the phone off then reinstalling and doing a soft reset (battery pull). Neither works. My only option now is to get another card to try. If that doesn't work, it's going back to HTC. Good thing I'm just testing this thing LOL.
    03-19-10 03:14 PM
    Your N1 is an HTC phone, you know...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 04:10 PM
    I get the error whenever I have to restart my phone which is quite regularily due to it freezing up or just turning itself off and only pulling the battery will get it to turn back on. You just have to keep turning phone off till it boots up and reads card the right way. I am hoping that when 2.1 comes out it will fix this.
    03-19-10 05:06 PM
    I get the error whenever I have to restart my phone which is quite regularily due to it freezing up or just turning itself off and only pulling the battery will get it to turn back on. You just have to keep turning phone off till it boots up and reads card the right way. I am hoping that when 2.1 comes out it will fix this.
    Yeah that hasn't worked either. Phone has been powered down lots of times and several battery pulls. Also the N1 already has 2.1 so that doesn't help me lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 05:57 PM
    I had that problem on my Droid. Had to switch cards.
    03-19-10 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD