So since I am waiting impatiently to switch or at least give an android device a good run! I thought I would ask if any android users are thinking about giving the upcoming BB devices a run? I know spec wise they are getting closer but still a little behind.....not trying to start a torch on platform or the other, just curious!
    02-02-11 09:06 PM
    So since I am waiting impatiently to switch or at least give an android device a good run! I thought I would ask if any android users are thinking about giving the upcoming BB devices a run? I know spec wise they are getting closer but still a little behind.....not trying to start a torch on platform or the other, just curious!
    Switch back to what? They would have to really blow my mind and I really don't see that happening anytime soon (and that includes the rumored devices). So to answer your question, No.
    02-02-11 09:10 PM
    If they are on par with the Android devices out at that time, I will probably check them out in the stores. But I have no plans or desire to currently switch back.
    02-02-11 09:19 PM
    No f*** way!
    02-02-11 09:21 PM
    It all depends on you. I couldnt stand the Evo and came running back to blackberry. Some people feel the opposite. It really depends on what you use your device for.
    02-02-11 09:24 PM
    with what they have currently and even with the rumored devices i wont be back anytime soon. RIM still has alot evolving to do
    02-02-11 09:26 PM
    I actually went back. I picked up the 9650. I had a Droid Incredible. It was a really cool phone but I felt really comfy with the BB gadget. I guess I'm one of those addicts. Also the emails I need for work always got pushed to my BB in an instant and with my Droid it didn't. The Androids have a lot more then the BB but the BB has exactly what I need.
    02-02-11 09:27 PM
    I actually went back. I picked up the 9650. I had a Droid Incredible. It was a really cool phone but I felt really comfy with the BB gadget. I guess I'm one of those addicts. Also the emails I need for work always got pushed to my BB in an instant and with my Droid it didn't. The Androids have a lot more then the BB but the BB has exactly what I need.
    your work doesnt use exchange? im shocked that it wouldnt
    02-02-11 09:32 PM
    If they are on par with the Android devices out at that time, I will probably check them out in the stores. But I have no plans or desire to currently switch back.
    CASE IH! I like ur style
    02-02-11 09:44 PM
    Nope, it hasn't even crossed my mind to go back to BB or even give the upcoming devices a shot. Switched to Android last August and couldn't be happier with that decision. I do think Blackberry is progressing,but believe that Android will always be one step ahead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 09:46 PM
    I would go back to Blackberry if they would come out with something that out performs Android in EVERY way, which I seriously doubt will happen anytime soon if ever.

Android is today's technology and RIM is literally a third world company.
    howarmat likes this.
    02-02-11 09:56 PM
    with what they have currently and even with the rumored devices i wont be back anytime soon. RIM still has alot evolving to do
    This is the most profound and important response you need to look at in this entire thread. Howarmat was at one time an ancient BlackBerry guru who lived alone in a small cave at the top of a mystical mountain (whereabouts unknown) and spent most of his time floating above the ground with his legs crossed in deep deep meditation.

Basically if he says he won't be back anytime soon that means Android is providing him with the better overall experience. And that's saying a lot.

Now with Android in his pocket Howarmat can be found walking the dog, going to buy milk at the supermarket, and eating Frosted Flakes for breakfast.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 02-02-11 at 10:13 PM.
    02-02-11 10:10 PM
    I love how we can laugh in here and still get our point across. I was a long time BB user, 3 years. I came to the Android side over a month ago and I am very glad I did.
    It is great, I get my emails quickly. Everything is great on my Droid Incredible. I love this device. And thanks to Matt........I took his advice on the 1800 mAh battery. I get a full day on it and still have juice on it. I have two and the wall charger too. All in all, I don't see me returning to BB. I have two friends who are making the switch and this will be a first time smartphone for a friend, the other is a BB user. He is like a kid waiting for his birthday to come...........he wants it now should have it by the weekend.
    02-03-11 12:08 AM
    This is the most profound and important response you need to look at in this entire thread. Howarmat was at one time an ancient BlackBerry guru who lived alone in a small cave at the top of a mystical mountain (whereabouts unknown) and spent most of his time floating above the ground with his legs crossed in deep deep meditation.

Basically if he says he won't be back anytime soon that means Android is providing him with the better overall experience. And that's saying a lot.

Now with Android in his pocket Howarmat can be found walking the dog, going to buy milk at the supermarket, and eating Frosted Flakes for breakfast.
    LOL Nice story but just because one "hardcore" BB addict left for Android doesn't mean its the end of the world. Every mobile platform was created for one reason which was to suit the needs of one consumer(which could be millions) and they probably found what works for them.
    wassab likes this.
    02-03-11 12:15 AM
    After using my upgrade for the Droid Pro it was definitely worth it and have no plans on going back to BB. The only thing I miss is the battery life of my Bold(which was decent), but thats why they make extended batteries which I will be picking up soon. I had the OG droid which was awesome but I was scared to change and returned it. The Droid 2 was awesome(for the 3 days I had it) for all the support behind it, but I hate the horizontal sliders which is why I now have the Droid Pro. It kind of sucks that there's not a lot of developer support behind the Pro yet so hopefully that changes soon.
    02-03-11 12:24 AM
    I would never got back to BB. That's like taking one step forward and three steps back.
    02-03-11 02:16 AM
    I love how we can laugh in here and still get our point across. I was a long time BB user, 3 years. I came to the Android side over a month ago and I am very glad I did.
    It is great, I get my emails quickly. Everything is great on my Droid Incredible. I love this device. And thanks to Matt........I took his advice on the 1800 mAh battery. I get a full day on it and still have juice on it. I have two and the wall charger too. All in all, I don't see me returning to BB. I have two friends who are making the switch and this will be a first time smartphone for a friend, the other is a BB user. He is like a kid waiting for his birthday to come...........he wants it now should have it by the weekend.
    Thanks Jude526 for all your help.
    You've convinced me to switch.

02-03-11 08:22 AM
    No thanks. I'm digging my DX.

02-03-11 08:26 AM
    I'm still with BlackBerry but when I get the Android I am going to give it a fair time. I won't return it after 14 days just because it's not like BlackBerry in set up.

So, I'll be stuck for 2 years at least! Looking forward to it!

02-03-11 08:45 AM
    I'm still with BlackBerry but when I get the Android I am going to give it a fair time. I won't return it after 14 days just because it's not like BlackBerry in set up.

So, I'll be stuck for 2 years at least! Looking forward to it!

Once you learn how to customize it to your liking (the possibilities are endless by the way) you'll never go back. Launcher Pro has a customizeable dock (the little icons on the bottom where the phone and contact functions are) that is also scrollable. I put contacts that I call often on there so that I have one touch calling. I also put Circle launcher on there so that I have a clean home screen (I don't like a lot of icon clutter)
    The car dock is absolutely amazing.

I'm still learning but it just gets better and better.

Oh yeah, did I mention it's fast? It's fast.

02-03-11 09:16 AM
    Not to be rude but BlackBerry has nothing coming out that can beat Android.
    02-03-11 10:55 AM
    I have kicked around the idea of going back to BB. I have an HTC Incredible now, but there are things about BB that I miss. The biggest thing is simplicity. All these widgets, scrollable screens, and thousands of useless apps are cool, but I do miss the simplicity BB offers. Many people call the Storm 2 "junk" and I had my share of hardware issues, but those were mostly my fault. I cried and moaned to Verizon until they agreed to swap my 9550 for the Incredible. The first couple months with the Inc were great, but sometimes I regret doing all that crying. The new Storm coming looks promising to me. I'm not into all the specs and details that alot of you are into, so to answer your question OP, yes I have thought about going back to BB.
    02-03-11 12:11 PM
    I cried and moaned to Verizon until they agreed to swap my 9550 for the Incredible. The first couple months with the Inc were great, but sometimes I regret doing all that crying.
    At least you can admit it.
    02-03-11 12:18 PM
    02-03-11 12:21 PM
    Is this a serious thread? I couldnt even think about going back to that slow, small POS blackberry. I don't miss anything about bb not even BBM.
    02-03-11 12:54 PM
267 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD