Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    CB admin is blocking my ability to upload images....so here is a screenshot off my server:

Announcing a poll on supporting BB to work with Jelly: Titan-poll2.png

Still very early just posted it 5min ago and got a few response so far. If you do Facebook, be sure to search for the group and cast your vote.

Source: (If you want to go to this link, just add prefix fb.com)
    .../groups/1304745876357921/permalink/1321148138051028/
    Last edited by givechanceachance; 08-03-19 at 11:15 AM. Reason: confused word
    08-03-19 11:15 AM
    CB admin is blocking my ability to upload images....so here is a screenshot off my server:

Still very early just posted it 5min ago and got a few response so far. If you do Facebook, be sure to search for the group and cast your vote.

Source: (If you want to go to this link, just add prefix fb.com)
    .../groups/1304745876357921/permalink/1321148138051028/
    Why would BlackBerry Mobile need UniHerz? They could build one of much higher quality anytime they wanted to. But it would seem they already decided it was not viable.

Another issue is that BBMo could never get away with sub-standard components, non-existent updates, adups spyware, complete lack of certifications, absence of Google Apps, lack of a support network, minimal distribution channels, etc.

I also suspect that if UniHerz ever stepped foot outside of China, they would be sued back to the stone age.
    Last edited by conite; 08-03-19 at 12:23 PM.
    08-03-19 11:37 AM
    complete lack of certifications, absence of Google Apps
    All previews up until this point have shown the Titan with Google Play Services, their past devices are certified too so I don't see why the Titan won't be.

I don't see what value BlackBerry brings to the table here, what privacy protections are they offering on Android? Android Q will have a DTEK like app and BB Android's pitch has mainly been security based. If Unihertz wanted to expand on the Titan they'd be better off going with Android One.
    John Albert likes this.
    08-03-19 11:36 PM
    All previews up until this point have shown the Titan with Google Play Services, their past devices are certified too so I don't see why the Titan won't be.

I don't see what value BlackBerry brings to the table here, what privacy protections are they offering on Android? Android Q will have a DTEK like app and BB Android's pitch has mainly been security based. If Unihertz wanted to expand on the Titan they'd be better off going with Android One.
    Google Play is only there because they are hiding in China.

They certainly won't be eligible for Android One.
    08-03-19 11:38 PM
    Google Play is only there because they are hiding in China.
    Source? Their phones are sold on Amazon and have been reviewed by major US publications, I'm sure Google would have said something or told Amazon to remove the device if their IP was being violated.
    John Albert likes this.
    08-03-19 11:43 PM
    Source? Their phones are sold on Amazon and have been reviewed by major US publications, I'm sure Google would have said something or told Amazon to remove the device if their IP was being violated.
    I'm referring to the Titan.
    08-04-19 12:19 AM
    Another poll on Facebook?!? Anyway, my vote: BBmo does not need Uniherz (and vice versa)
    08-04-19 01:50 AM
    Is it me? That Titan thing looks like a dogs dinner.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    08-04-19 02:19 AM
    I'm referring to the Titan.
    Sure but the point still stands, past devices from Unihertz have Google Play Services so it's not impossible for the Titan to also have it, especially if Google is opening up to 1:1 ratios.
    08-04-19 11:09 AM
    Sure but the point still stands, past devices from Unihertz have Google Play Services so it's not impossible for the Titan to also have it, especially if Google is opening up to 1:1 ratios.
    "Suggested" it might open up to 1:1 in Android Q, but if so, the caveats as to form factor are still unknown.

The Atom and Jelly are not 1:1.
    08-04-19 11:24 AM
    "Suggested" it might open up to 1:1 in Android Q, but if so, the caveats as to form factor are still unknown.
    The 1:1 ratio is mentioned in their developer documentation so it's a sure thing at this point,

https://developer.android.com/previe..._screen_ratios

Google doesn't really have a track record of restricting ratios to certain devices but I suppose we'll know for sure in a few months.

The Atom and Jelly are not 1:1.
    Of course but you said Google Play is only there because they're "hiding in China". I don't think the Atom and Jelly were built in California.
    08-04-19 11:38 AM
    Of course but you said Google Play is only there because they're "hiding in China". I don't think the Atom and Jelly were built in California.
    It's only on a 1:1 device because it's hiding in China - and it's not even a real thing yet. Let's see what happens down the line. Don't forget it's running Pie at the moment.
    08-04-19 11:41 AM
    The 1:1 ratio is mentioned in their developer documentation so it's a sure thing at this point,
    Yes, but that's as far as it ever got, and it's not detailed enough to know what the exact rules are. I'd like to see the new Q Material Design specs.
    08-04-19 11:43 AM
    Just a side thought. If this 1:1 comes through it would enable a K3 Classic say end 2020. Now that is what I want to get from Santa.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    08-04-19 04:58 PM
    I'm not sure what it is that you want BlackBerry to do. Do you want them to offer a license to Unihertz in order to make the Titan "official"? If so, you are really overestimating BBRY's desire to have handsets in the market with their logo on them.

Furthermore, don't you think that if Unihertz wanted to become a license holder they would have already reached out to BlackBerry?
    Last edited by PantherBlitz; 08-05-19 at 10:12 AM.
    ppeters914 and app_Developer like this.
    08-05-19 08:40 AM
    Announcing a poll on supporting BB to work with Jelly: Titan-poll3.png

This also goes to show the significant proportion of prior BlackBerry users showing interest in the Titan.
    08-07-19 08:12 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poll3.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	281.7 KB 
ID:	445648

This also goes to show the significant proportion of prior BlackBerry users showing interest in the Titan.
    Significant - sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.

At their best BlackBerry had 80 Million users, BB10 sold 12 Million devices, at this point I expect there are somewhere around 2 - 3 million active users of a BlackBerry device of some type.

Bottom line is Uhihertz might sell 10K units, but that won't really be significant. Nor anywhere near the scale needed to cover any involvement by BlackBerry in securing the phones. I think BlackBerry needed $10 - $15 a phone with a volume of 2 to 3 million to make the Android Secure program viable.

Uhihertz is hoping BlackBerry doesn't bother getting involved in their IP ripoff.

At best you can hope someone like LineageOS might do a custom ROM.... but with this hardware package I doubt they will (Mediatek Chip, 1:1 display, PKB). But a poll for that would be in the realm of possibility.
    08-07-19 08:35 AM
    lineage would be nice to see on it . avoid the unihertz software all together lol
    08-09-19 12:22 AM
    lineage would be nice to see on it . avoid the unihertz software all together lol
    Yeah ! We are hoping for it
    08-09-19 05:11 AM
    Significant - sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.

At their best BlackBerry had 80 Million users, BB10 sold 12 Million devices, at this point I expect there are somewhere around 2 - 3 million active users of a BlackBerry device of some type.

Bottom line is Uhihertz might sell 10K units, but that won't really be significant. Nor anywhere near the scale needed to cover any involvement by BlackBerry in securing the phones. I think BlackBerry needed $10 - $15 a phone with a volume of 2 to 3 million to make the Android Secure program viable.

Uhihertz is hoping BlackBerry doesn't bother getting involved in their IP ripoff.

At best you can hope someone like LineageOS might do a custom ROM.... but with this hardware package I doubt they will (Mediatek Chip, 1:1 display, PKB). But a poll for that would be in the realm of possibility.
    Titan may get a million backers, several weeks to go @677,000+ now:
    Announcing a poll on supporting BB to work with Jelly: Titan-titan001.png

Would a million backers suggest a larger amount of demand? Is it enough to get the attention of BB to offer their Android builds and software?
    08-10-19 09:27 AM

Name:	titan001.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	641.4 KB 
ID:	445717

Would a million backers suggest a larger amount of demand? Is it enough to get the attention of BB to offer their Android builds and software?

Your screen cap shows 2,720 backers. From 2,720 to 1 million seems a bit of a stretch.
    08-10-19 09:32 AM

Name:	titan001.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	641.4 KB 
ID:	445717

they wont get a million backers....they have under 3000 right now
    08-10-19 09:32 AM
    they wont get a million backers....they have under 3000 right now
    I just woke so please excuse my mis-reading it.
    08-10-19 09:50 AM