If you think anything you do on the web is truly 'kept private' then you are kidding yourself.

I gladly will let google do anything they want with my 'personal information' they can gather from my gmail or my phone. If you have anything like your SSN or passwords in clear text in ANY email or file, then that is your own stupidity.

But that is not the point of this thread.

The problem with the delay you speak of for other emails is because you are using POP. As others have stated, other email accounts (like Yahoo and Hotmail), will also have a delay on a BB.
    12-18-09 02:03 PM
    for anyone wondering how email on BIS is polled i had this in an email i sent a while back. i think i got it here but im not sure who to give credit to.

BIS checks the account when it is set up.
    BIS doesn’t find email.
    BIS checks back in 15 minutes.
    BIS finds email.
    BIS compresses and sends email to the Blackberry. (first 2kb of the email)
    BIS checks back for mail in 3 minutes.
    BIS doesn’t find mail.
    BIS finds email.
    BIS compresses and sends email to the Blackberry. (first 2kb of the email)
    BIS doesn’t find mail.
    BIS doesn’t find mail.
    BIS doesn’t find mail.
    BIS doesn’t find mail.
    BIS doesn’t find mail.
    BIS checks back for mail in 15 minutes.
    and so on and so forth.

If it finds email then it looks every 3 min for 15 min. if it doesn't find any in that 15 min then it looks every 15 min until it finds one then back to 3.
    12-18-09 02:05 PM
    . . . .
    The problem with the delay you speak of for other emails is because you are using POP. As others have stated, other email accounts (like Yahoo and Hotmail), will also have a delay on a BB.
    Actually, Yahoo has no delay and reconciles read emails between the inbox and device in both directions, just like BES. My only gripe with Yahoo on the BB is the lack of contact and calendar sync.
    12-18-09 02:31 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD