I am wondering if all android apps work over wifi or if it is like a bb where only certain ones do. Anyone know?
    06-13-10 02:03 AM
    they pretty much all will use whatever data connection is available... wifi or 3g.
    06-13-10 11:24 AM
    Does anyone know if OS6 will fix that annoyance on the bb
    06-13-10 05:41 PM
    Its probably not going to change cause most native BB apps go through RIMs servers. Most if not all 3rd party apps will work over wifi itself.
    06-13-10 08:45 PM

don't get your hopes up for OS6. its pretty much OS5 which is a complete train wreck with some visual enhancements.
    06-14-10 10:51 AM
    If you are connected to Wi-Fi then they will use that or 3G if not. None of them from my experience need wi-fi..... some like google maps need to use gps for navigation.
    06-14-10 01:30 PM
    don't get your hopes up for OS6. its pretty much OS5 which is a complete train wreck with some visual enhancements.
    Sorry for getting off topic. How is OS 5 a train wreck compared to the previous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 05:53 PM
    Sorry for getting off topic. How is OS 5 a train wreck compared to the previous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

because its the same as os 4.5, 4.2, 3.xx, 2.xx...... it really hasn't changed all that much since RIM began and they have never been able to put together a solid OS.

don't get me wrong i was a long time BB user i loved them for years but got tired of getting exited over a new release just to find out its exactly the same as the previous version. I had over 20 blackberries all the way from a 58xx (monochrome screen and no built in phone) all the way to a storm 2.

i know im gonna get some flac for this but RIM is the modern day Dusenberg. Innovative when they started but once they got some friendly competition they fell off and eventually died. I feel that RIM is heading in the same way.
    Last edited by zyiro; 06-14-10 at 08:52 PM.
    06-14-10 08:47 PM
    Thanks for the reply without having to flame me. I haven't had Blackberry nowhere near as long so I really didn't know how the OS was prior to 4.7. From the way it sounds I didn't miss much. Same builds just tweaked some. I started with the Storm a year ago and then got the new Curve. From playing with other blackberries and having these two I can tell they are all the exact same. Just a different form factor and specs. Been researching Andriod really hard lately and Blackberry is definitely lagging. Even if they stay with the business market.
    06-15-10 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD