I have an upgrade in a month. I want something with the android OS but I DO NOT want a phone with a physical/slideout keyboard. What are my options?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 09:50 PM
    Eris and Incredible, I'd go Incredible, it's the newest latest and greatest for Verizon
    05-23-10 09:58 PM
    HTC Droid Incredible, that's it for now.
    The Eris will be discontinued after this month.
    05-23-10 09:59 PM
    The biggest thing that I hate about the Incredible is the battery door. That's my only gripe. Are there any aftermarket battery doors for the phone that make it smooth?

05-23-10 11:07 PM
    The biggest thing that I hate about the Incredible is the battery door. That's my only gripe. Are there any aftermarket battery doors for the phone that make it smooth?

Since the device was just released recently, probably not.
    If you give it time eventually it should come.
    05-23-10 11:18 PM
    Motorola Shadow will hit Verizon in July. 4.1 inch screen, no keyboard, 720p video recording, HDMI out with 1080p, next generation OMAP processor.

I just might burn an upgrade on my family plan to get this one.

The Incredible didn't bring enough to the table for me to consider it.
    05-24-10 12:06 AM
    05-24-10 12:09 AM

I actually saw that before posting this. Why is everyone slamming Motoblur? If Verizon had the Nexus One I would be sold on that device. So far a lot of people are stating that the HTC Incredible is the best phone out to date with android.

Edit: Nevermind, I see why it (motoblur) sucks.

Last edited by dcraelaim; 05-24-10 at 02:55 AM.
    05-24-10 01:45 AM
    I actually saw that before posting this. Why is everyone slamming Motoblur? If Verizon had the Nexus One I would be sold on that device. So far a lot of people are stating that the HTC Incredible is the best phone out to date with android.

Edit: Nevermind, I see why it (motoblur) sucks.

Why does Motoblur suck?
    05-24-10 05:17 AM
    Why does Motoblur suck?

In MY opinion, compared to the HTC UI, I think it does.

05-24-10 07:39 AM
    I have the incredible, and I actually like the batter door. I do always worry about scratching the camera glass though.
    05-24-10 07:51 AM
    i actually wouldnt mind having motoblur because with a phone like that you can't complain, it clearly knocks the incredible out the water
    05-24-10 08:35 AM
    Shadow was pushed back to August for a hardware change. Motoblur is not an issue, it can be turned off.
    05-24-10 08:57 AM
    Shadow was pushed back to August for a hardware change. Motoblur is not an issue, it can be turned off.
    lol i just finished reading about that.
    05-24-10 09:13 AM
    I have another question. For those of you that are former blackberry owners, we had 2 ways to update our OS. Using Desktop Manager or Wireless Update. What are the options for the android OS?

05-24-10 10:30 AM
    I have another question. For those of you that are former blackberry owners, we had 2 ways to update our OS. Using Desktop Manager or Wireless Update. What are the options for the android OS?

the updates for android are pushed to the device, or you can also download the update from the web and manually update the phone. its alot faster updating android than blackberry.
    05-24-10 11:15 AM
    the updates for android are pushed to the device, or you can also download the update from the web and manually update the phone. its alot faster updating android than blackberry.

What isn't faster than Blackberry? Blackberry isn't even considered competition, which is why I hate it. They're far behind. Thanks man

05-24-10 11:48 AM
    i actually wouldnt mind having motoblur because with a phone like that you can't complain, it clearly knocks the incredible out the water
    The Incredible is nice but compared to the Droid, it feels like a cheap piece of plastic. And Droid will be getting 2.2 long before it.
    05-24-10 12:01 PM
    The Incredible is nice but compared to the Droid, it feels like a cheap piece of plastic. And Droid will be getting 2.2 long before it.
    What don't you like about the incredible? I think it looks and feels much better than the droid. Incredible is getting 2.2. This year as well.
    05-24-10 12:59 PM
    What don't you like about the incredible? I think it looks and feels much better than the droid. Incredible is getting 2.2. This year as well.
    The only thing I don't like about it is its feel. I like the Droid's metal build, feel, and industrial look better. Not saying I don't like the Incredible because I do, but I prefer the Droid. That's just my opinion because I know many prefer the lighter/slimmer design of the Incredible.

And yes, the Incredible will get 2.2 but it will get it after the Droid since HTC has to remodel it for their Sense UI devices.

Both phones are great nonetheless.
    05-24-10 02:14 PM
    Different strokes for different folks is all......
    05-24-10 03:21 PM
    Different strokes for different folks is all......
    And differently folks stroke it! It=phone for those that think it means something else, ha ha
    05-24-10 03:35 PM
    For the android browser, is there a download limit? The blackberry browser has a 2.5 MB limit.

05-24-10 04:00 PM
    No one knows?

05-25-10 12:35 PM
    And differently folks stroke it! It=phone for those that think it means something else, ha ha
    N some are sicker than others............
    05-25-10 12:41 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD