Hello all,

I've been wandering around this forum for a bit and I've seen the thread 'Post your Android Screenshot' or something like that.

I've seen amazing themes in that thread. But now I wonder, why not share them? I would love to have some of these themes.

Is it possible to share some themes?.

Thanks in advance!
    03-31-11 09:12 AM
    For some of those themes, I believe you have to have some kind of root permissions... the other simpler ones that just involve the changing of docks and icons can be done with ADW, ADWEX, LauncherPro, etc
    03-31-11 09:17 AM
    Hello all,

I've been wandering around this forum for a bit and I've seen the thread 'Post your Android Screenshot' or something like that.

I've seen amazing themes in that thread. But now I wonder, why not share them? I would love to have some of these themes.

Is it possible to share some themes?.

Thanks in advance!
    Which phone do you have? A lot of the those screens can be accomplished without having to ROOT the device and there's all kind of apps that replace the home launcher. To change the status bar like the 3G icon, time, etc. will require ROOT.
    03-31-11 11:11 AM
    Oh really? I have the HTC Desire HD. Is easy to change the theme on my own then?
    03-31-11 11:16 AM
    Oh really? I have the HTC Desire HD. Is easy to change the theme on my own then?
    Just go to the Android Market and search for Launcher and you should see several different ones. I prefer LauncherPro,but doesnt hurt to try them out. After installing one you can customize the dock icons and homescreens. You can find icons and docks here for LauncherPro at the link below. Be aware though it's a very content heavy site.

LauncherPro Icons | Custom Android app icons for the awesome LauncherPro home screen replacement
    03-31-11 11:27 AM
    Most of those "themes" are simply the icons, launchers, widgets, etc that people have selected to use. Setting up an android is completely different than using a theme on a bb. An android is infinitely more customizeable than a bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 12:35 PM
    Ah I see! Well that's great then. I'll give it a shot. As far as I understand now, you do have to pay for some of these apps? Like LauncherPro.

Thanks for the info so far!
    03-31-11 01:04 PM
    You can try the free versions to see if you like them, but some features may not work without getting the paid version.

03-31-11 01:59 PM
    Yeah, so I noticed when I was playing around with it. Very nice app. I'm starting to make myself a great theme already!

Was just wondering some things. Is it possible to give your 'dockbar' a kind of background? I have downloaded some sweet black icons, but you can not see them on a black background. Now I would like to keep the black background, but I would like to put a white dockbar between the background and the icons, if you know what I mean...

And.. Can I change the regular shortcuts (Market, Talk, etc. etc.) too? Also in the top bar, the icons for the silent mode, vibrating mode, 3G, phone signal etcetera, is it possible to adjust these icons?
    03-31-11 03:16 PM
    Yeah, so I noticed when I was playing around with it. Very nice app. I'm starting to make myself a great theme already!

Was just wondering some things. Is it possible to give your 'dockbar' a kind of background? I have downloaded some sweet black icons, but you can not see them on a black background. Now I would like to keep the black background, but I would like to put a white dockbar between the background and the icons, if you know what I mean...

And.. Can I change the regular shortcuts (Market, Talk, etc. etc.) too? Also in the top bar, the icons for the silent mode, vibrating mode, 3G, phone signal etcetera, is it possible to adjust these icons?
    From the homescreen hit the App button(softkey), then from there click on preferences, then click "AppearanceSettings",and click "Dock Background". From there you can add a custom dock or one provided by the launcher. This is assuming you're on LauncherPro.

The status bar icons can't be changed without ROOT access or you can install a custom rom which also requires ROOT.
    03-31-11 03:26 PM
    Wow you guys are great. It's really starting to look like something now.

Now I hope I'm not too much of a pain in the arse, but I have one last question. On alot of screenshots I see a great, tweaked 'lock' screen. A screen where you first have to slide the 'lock' to the right, so that your screen will be unlocked and ready to be used. Is that pretty easy to do? Or does that have to do with the ROOT sh*t too? :P
    03-31-11 04:17 PM
    I think you have to be rooted to change the lock screen.

04-01-11 07:02 AM

Now I hope I'm not too much of a pain in the arse, but I have one last question. On alot of screenshots I see a great, tweaked 'lock' screen. A screen where you first have to slide the 'lock' to the right, so that your screen will be unlocked and ready to be used. Is that pretty easy to do? Or does that have to do with the ROOT sh*t too? :P
    I'm not sure as far as changing the actual sliders without having to be rooted, but with the app below you can add widgets to your lockscreen like most people do. I don't personally use it though.

WidgetLocker Lockscreen - Android app on AppBrain
    04-01-11 12:28 PM

I don't know if you have an HTC phone, I didnt check. I know with Sense 3.0, HTC has added a ton of themes and lockscreens so people who do not want to root their phone, can customize it in seconds and change many different things.
    04-01-11 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD