Just hearing the latest news of how RIM has flopped again with BB10, im thinking of android...just wondered what is the best android phone out and what is the next best one that will be releasing that we know of ??
    cocobrow likes this.
    12-15-11 06:28 PM
    check out the one called "galaxy nexus" ...
    Guatiao likes this.
    12-15-11 07:21 PM
    I think the galaxy nexus on Verizon is a good phone. What service provider do you have?
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    12-16-11 11:18 AM
    the nexus has issues such as call and speaker quality and reception. it also has other issues which I won't list here. If call quality isn't high on your list, check one out.

Personally, since I got my replacement Bionic PLUS the first update, my experience has been STELLAR. prior to both of those occuring, it was "OK-to-so-so", due to connectivity issues. the Razr has a non replaceable battery, so that's a no go for me. there are lots of 4G phones to choose from from many vendors. do a little research before getting stuck with one that isn't optimal for you--even from the same mfgr, each phone has it's definite strengths and weaknesses.
    BEARD GANG likes this.
    12-16-11 12:46 PM
    Highly satisfied with the sgs2. 10-15mbps down on hspa+ isn't bad at all. Not having to deal with HTC screens and radio issues is a double win too.
    BEARD GANG and Guatiao like this.
    12-16-11 01:19 PM
    The best are the Samsung galaxy s 2 and the galaxy nexus.
    BEARD GANG and Guatiao like this.
    12-16-11 01:22 PM
    Im on the o2 network UK... i heard the nexus is not that good, and tbh it doesnt appeal to me either especially the design... s2 is good though, i just dont want to get it and find out something like s3 comes out lol...

also can the s2 run the new icecream os im assuming thats the best one
    Last edited by mervinking; 12-16-11 at 03:33 PM.
    12-16-11 03:29 PM
    Im on the o2 network UK... i heard the nexus is not that good, and tbh it doesnt appeal to me either especially the design... s2 is good though, i just dont want to get it and find out something like s3 comes out lol...

also can the s2 run the new icecream os im assuming thats the best one
    To be honest, on android you are screwed no matter what. The sgs2 is the hottest talked about device, for about a month.... That's what continually happens on android and is kinda disappointing.

But the sgs2 all around is solid. The battery life is great for the screen size, way way better than HTC phones. The device is smaller than HTC phones with smaller screens because HTC often has huge borders around the phone. The screen is actually readable in sunlight, etc, etc.
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-16-11 05:10 PM
    Galaxy Nexus.
    12-16-11 05:21 PM
    I just finished fooling around with a nexus. Nice phone, ICS is nice, but I don't think its a worthy upgrade from the SGSII . The SII is much more appealing to me, and is an all around solid phone.
    Best phone I have owned .
    12-16-11 06:16 PM
    Any VZ Thurnderbolt user out there?
    Are you satisfied with the device?
    What about the battery life?
    TIA
    12-16-11 06:51 PM
    Thunderbolt battery life is bad (easily half that of the sgs2). Screen is hard to see in sunlight. Device often gets warm during heavy use compared to similar use on the sgs2 where it won't. Responsiveness and data speeds are pretty good though.
    12-16-11 07:07 PM
    A year or more ago, the choices would have been easy. Today there are many great phones from almost every manufacturer. I hardly pay attention to the models anymore. My advice would be to hit the stores and check them out yourself.

The only 2 that really stood out for me was the SG2 and the Galaxy Nexus. I was thinking of the SG2 but the lack of an LED and the fact that 4g coverage on Verizon was spreading like wildfire, pushed me more towards the Nexus. I knew ICS was destined for the SG2 so that was never a big factor.

For me the SG2's strong points were the screen and the excellent camera. The Nexus was the fact that it's a Google phone so quicker updates, the high-res screen, led and of course having ICS preloaded didn't hurt. BOTH phones are great and you can't go wrong with either.

Today I got a full 12+ hours with the GNexus and that's with the stock battery so it looks like I'll be able to make it through a work day with heavy use - not bad at all considering it's 4g and pretty much a mini tablet. As for 4g, well - it's FAST! It felt almost as fast as browsing on a desktop. In some cases the websites came up just as quickly. Definitely not hype!

Flash is also improved. Videos are crisp, fast and clear with almost zero stuttering. Load times are also vastly improved (although a lot of that also depends on the connection speed). It was nice to see Adobe keep their word. Steve Jobs can bl*W me!

About the only complaint I have right now is the volume when playing videos. It could be a little higher. But it's only a very minor issue and I read there's an app available that helps a lot. Quality though, is really good. I have not been able to reproduce the complaints some have had in that regard. So far, calls have been crystal clear!

All in All a great phone that'll be at my side for a while to come.
    BEARD GANG likes this.
    12-16-11 08:27 PM
    Loving my Galaxy Nexus. IMO, right now, it's the top dog. Also, being a Nexus device, you can be assured of being first in line when it comes to updates.
    12-17-11 07:12 AM
    Any VZ Thurnderbolt user out there?
    Are you satisfied with the device?
    What about the battery life?
    TIA
    I got a Thunderbolt about a month ago off eBay to hold me over until I get the Nexus or the next upcoming phone.
    Battery life has been pretty good after putting a Rezound battery in it. No main issues with the device so far.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    12-17-11 02:55 PM
    Seems like the nexus you either love it or hate it... i would buy a s2 right now after trying it the other day... just worried of all these new phones comming out might wait till next year and see all the options
    12-17-11 08:09 PM
    Tks for all of the info guys.
    My contract with VZ is up Feb 2012 so I have a month to decide.
    Good Luck
    12-17-11 08:17 PM
    To be honest, on android you are screwed no matter what. The sgs2 is the hottest talked about device, for about a month.... That's what continually happens on android and is kinda disappointing.
    Seems like the nexus you either love it or hate it... i would buy a s2 right now after trying it the other day... just worried of all these new phones comming out might wait till next year and see all the options
    TBH..while some of what papped says is true..there are definately a few phones every year that stand out as top notch. The SGS2 is definately one of them. Despite the Galaxy Nexus coming out with ICS..there is still much debate about the SGS2 STILL being the top dog at the moment.

Will there be better phones coming out? Of course..that's the nature of the beast (unless your name is RIM). Is it necessarily worth waiting for? No..because you'll always be waiting for the next best thing, as it always seems like something better is just around the corner..but that isn't always the case.

If you truly want to wait..wait until CES is over, and then we'll have a glimpse at the next gen phones that will be unveiled (can anyone say quad-core ICS )
    12-18-11 11:12 AM
    Tks for all of the info guys.
    My contract with VZ is up Feb 2012 so I have a month to decide.
    Good Luck
    And by then CES should be done with..so you'll really have a good glimpse as to what to expect for next year's crop of phones.
    12-18-11 11:13 AM
    And by then CES should be done with..so you'll really have a good glimpse as to what to expect for next year's crop of phones.
    Good Info Rickroller,
    Good Luck
    12-18-11 08:27 PM
    The Nexus doesnt have removable storage, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-18-11 09:02 PM
    I have had the Thunderbolt since August of this year. The phone is AMAZING and if I didn't have it today and were upgrading.......I would still choose this device. I think its the best one out there. Many bolt users love their phone............it is stellar.
    12-20-11 03:41 PM
    I have had the Thunderbolt since August of this year. The phone is AMAZING and if I didn't have it today and were upgrading.......I would still choose this device. I think its the best one out there. Many bolt users love their phone............it is stellar.
    Jude,

Do you have the original battery in it?

TIA
    12-20-11 09:01 PM
    For the first time in my smartphone owning life, I have not felt the need to upgrade my device. I am a month past my upgrade time.

That is how satisfied I am with my device. It is as future-proof as they come, and is a true advantage of Android hardware. Upgradeability is a great feature.
    12-20-11 10:10 PM
    For the first time in my smartphone owning life, I have not felt the need to upgrade my device. I am a month past my upgrade time.

That is how satisfied I am with my device. It is as future-proof as they come, and is a true advantage of Android hardware. Upgradeability is a great feature.
    I'm 3 months past my upgrade..and while i'm still satisfied..I cant help but feeling this upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket lol. There is nothing wrong with my phone..I get great battery, hdmi out, 4" screen, and fast..but i've still got "the fever" for something new lol. Oh well..thats what i get for being a "junkie"
    12-20-11 10:41 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD