No one buys into these surveys a 100%. That being said, there is enough behind what crackberrybrandon posted to generate some talk. Thanks for your opinion, among opinions
    05-12-10 10:37 AM
    yea going along with what @stuaw11 posted those numbers definitely dropped drastically, i was also like huh? when i first read the article.
    05-12-10 10:40 AM
    The NPD group has been analyzing markets since 1967. I do question the numbers myself, but I researched NPD a bit, and they don't appear vested in siding with a phone OS, lol. I am going to say that they have a little clue. The iphone is the last between the big three to put out something new. Android has been all over TV for 4 months now. The numbers are debatable, yes, but I find that there is no reason it may not be possible. In most forums I vist, I often hear of people leaving the iPhone or BB for android, so yeah, maybe. But maybe not, maybe Apple and BB are gaining millions while android is loosing millions? That doesn't sound right either.....
    05-12-10 11:02 AM
    No doubt Im sure theyre a credible source but I find the numbers highly suspicious that Android gained almost 10 million in a quarter while iphone/BB lost millions. Android is strong but i question if its that strong.

Their methodology of surveys isnt exactly the most accurate stats either as we all know survey language can be ambiguous/skewed and the results can be skewed. I think Androidd made gains but i find 20% marketshare to be highly suspect because not even a new iphone release nets them near 20% marketshare gains. Itd be the highest smartphone marketshare gain in history for one quarter.
    05-12-10 06:07 PM
    Indeed.....skewed it can be
    05-12-10 07:35 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD