Coming from a BB then a Iphone how would you rate the learning curve on Android's OS? Just in the store playing with Android it seems to me very menu rich.

Basically is everything self explanatory like the iphone or am gonna need to carry the manual with me?
    04-08-10 10:09 PM
    LOL, there is no manual. Unless you print a .PDF file. If you used a BB and an iPhone then you should be able to figure things out.

If not, that's what forums are for.
    04-08-10 10:46 PM
    Yea you should be able to pretty much learn everything by playing with the phone for a day or two. There is definitely a learning curve if you get into rooting and all it has to offer. I still learn new things daily.
    04-09-10 01:23 AM
    The only real learn curve is the "settings" aspect. Android is very feature rich and open for developers, so a lot of apps have a wide variety of settings in them. You just play around until you find something you like. Or like xliderider said, just visit some forums for help.
    04-09-10 06:35 AM
    Yea you should be able to pretty much learn everything by playing with the phone for a day or two. There is definitely a learning curve if you get into rooting and all it has to offer. I still learn new things daily.
    What exactly is rooting? I hear a lot of people talking about it. And is it something you suggest? Is this the same as overclock, which I hear alot about as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 07:41 AM
    Rooting is basically gaining inside access to the phone, which would allow you to overclock. If your knowledge of doing this is not great, I would really suggest reading the other forums on the how-to's if you want to try. Android is really hard to brick, but can get frustrating if you don't know what you are doing.
    04-09-10 09:07 AM
    Rooting is the equivelant of "jailbreaking" an iPhone if you're familiar with that.

It gives you full access to the entire system/file structure. Allows you to change things you normally can't...things that are normally locked down.
    04-09-10 12:27 PM
    Every time I'm in MobileTerminal on my iPod staring at the root directory I wonder why they didn't call it "rooting" for the iPhone/iPod Touch. But then again having a name like "rooting" would look out of place with all the u1tiMaTe Hax0r names those devs give everything else.
    04-09-10 12:53 PM
    How easy is it to root?

04-10-10 06:34 PM
    How easy is it to root?

Depends if you are on 2.1 or 2.0.1

2.1 you have to flash an SBF file to go back to 2.0.1 and then flash a rooted 2.1 rom. Check out alldroid, they have a ton of info and threads on how to do it, its not difficult.
    04-10-10 06:36 PM
    I'm a BB user and I've found the Android OS extremely easy to use. Not much of a learning curve at all.

I think if it's your first smartphone, then yes there's a learning curve. But if you have had a smartphone before, then not too much.

04-10-10 07:14 PM
    I'm a BB user and I've found the Android OS extremely easy to use. Not much of a learning curve at all.

I think if it's your first smartphone, then yes there's a learning curve. But if you have had a smartphone before, then not too much.

Thanks as it took me a little time to understand BB and hence why am on this forum. The iphone needed no forum help at all.

Would you say the Android is easier then a BB?
    04-10-10 09:29 PM
    I wouldn't say easier, definitely different. In fact, I would say it's a bit harder than a RIM OS because there is a lot more options, everywhere.
    04-10-10 11:26 PM
    I would check out androidcentral.com. They will have all of the tips and tricks for Android devices. It was a really great help for me.
    04-12-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD