I see a space for iPhone owners -- those poor souls. Why not Android? CB - please add an Android section to the forum.

The news about Android is starting to get really good, now.

12 Phones Strong, Android Army Mobilizes for Explosive Growth | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

I, myself, am highly intrigued to say the least about these Android devices. Unlike the iPhone, I bet these babies won't be locked down at all and developers will flock to any open platform that is available in almost 30 countries across 30+ carriers and growing.
    10-19-09 01:01 PM
    Or, maybe just post in the "off topic" section
    10-19-09 01:03 PM
    there is such a forum.. its not a myth, ive seen it..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150
    10-19-09 01:08 PM
    So, you guys are telling me that iPhone (Apple) deserves a section but Android (Google) doesn't? Well, now that the heat is obviously turning up between those two competitors - ultimately turning the heat up against RIM - I propose that it's time for an Android section to be added.
    10-19-09 01:13 PM
    so you're suggesting CB have a winmo forum, and a webos forum.. SPE has
    www.androidcentral.com . take a gander over there
    10-19-09 01:22 PM
    so you're suggesting CB have a winmo forum, and a webos forum.. SPE has
    www.androidcentral.com . take a gander over there
    SafaKingKev,

are you Kevin Michaluk or one of the CB site developers? if not, i'm wasting my time analyzing CB's strategy in how they develop these forums with you.
    10-19-09 01:30 PM
    My 2c. I like the new commercial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 01:38 PM
    SafaKingKev,

are you Kevin Michaluk or one of the CB site developers? if not, i'm wasting my time analyzing CB's strategy in how they develop these forums with you.
    i'd say you are wasting your time either way.. SPE has a site that fits your needs. all of them are like sister sites, and if they wanted to make ONE site that encompassed all smart phones, they would. but they dont, so for now at least, if you want to talk about the android phones, i gave you two links - one link is a forum on this site("other device" forum), and one that strictly talks about android.

if you want to "talk shop" with kevin michaluk, this is not the arena to do it in.. might i suggest you PM him or or a mod. as long as you post in an open forum, everyone has the right to respond.
    10-19-09 02:34 PM
    might i suggest you PM him or or a mod. as long as you post in an open forum, everyone has the right to respond.
    i agree that i should have left my request off of my first post only because i just didn't think changes to the forum would take priority over a conversation about the latest Android news. fortunately, i have already communicated directly with those who run this site. thanks for your input.

i responded the way i did because your questions headed down a slippery slope that would have been both time-consuming, irrelevant (since you don't design the forums) and completely in the wrong direction from what i HOPED to discuss.

your other opinions are yours and, fortunately, there are those - including myself - who don't agree 100% with you about who CB opens its doors to.

take care.
    10-19-09 03:24 PM
    i agree that i should have left my request off of my first post only because i just didn't think changes to the forum would take priority over a conversation about the latest Android news. fortunately, i have already communicated directly with those who run this site. thanks for your input.

i responded the way i did because your questions headed down a slippery slope that would have been both time-consuming, irrelevant (since you don't design the forums) and completely in the wrong direction from what i HOPED to discuss.

your other opinions are yours and, fortunately, there are those - including myself - who don't agree 100% with you about who CB opens its doors to.

take care.
    fair..
    i just fail to see how this thread is relevant, being that you posted it in the "blackberry discussion" forum; that was my original point, and the reason i gave you the links. i see now that you have gone to the correct "other device" forum in Crackberry, and that was my intent - to get you to the forum where you would get the feedback you wanted.
    10-19-09 03:38 PM
    fair..
    i just fail to see how this thread is relevant, being that you posted it in the "blackberry discussion" forum; that was my original point, and the reason i gave you the links. i see now that you have gone to the correct "other device" forum in Crackberry, and that was my intent - to get you to the forum where you would get the feedback you wanted.
    much appreciated!
    10-19-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD