Okay, I think I'm looking for an Android. A friend of mine has a Nexus One and I love the OS.

I will be selling my Bold for approx 250, then I'll add maybe 150, so I have $400 to spend on a device (off of Craigslist, used, preferably unlocked).

What I need:

-Camera w/autofocus
    -Great keyboard or completely touchscreen.
    -Bold-level battery life

I'm a newb to Android, so here are a few questions:

-Does it use the same amount of data as an iPhone? Because from what I know a Bold/Blackberry compresses data and that has saved me from extra data $$$.
    -Is there any problems with free memory crap?
    -Multitasking?
    -Are there a lot of apps? (namely a justin.tv app)
    -What Android phones should I stay away from?

Sorry about all the questions but its just there is soo many Android phones that I can't seem to narrow it down to one make. If anyone can help I'd be thankful
    05-13-10 06:33 PM
    -Does it use the same amount of data as an iPhone? Because from what I know a Bold/Blackberry compresses data and that has saved me from extra data $$$.
    -Is there any problems with free memory crap?
    -Multitasking?
    -Are there a lot of apps? (namely a justin.tv app)
    -What Android phones should I stay away from?
    1. The data amount is comparable to an iphone or anything other than a BB. It doesnt have to go through certain servers and therefore isn't compressed like a BB.

2. Memory isnt an issue depending on the android phone you choose. If you have a lot of apps(50+) then you might have some low memory issues. No battery pulls anymore though.

3. Theres over 30,000 apps in the android market now and plenty of good streaming video apps.

4. Try to get a newer android phone off craigslist, but just make sure its not a stolen phone. Check the esn, go to the store with the person, etc..
    05-13-10 07:40 PM
    You won't find Android device with Bold battery life. All Android devices are touch with larger screens, on the newer models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD