I just came back from android so let me give u a little insight from my experience..... I have sprint and had the galaxy nexus. After 3 months of poor cell reception which made my phone useless about 50% of the time, terrible battery life like maybe 3hrs of normal talk time/internet usage b4 it was beeping for me to plug it in, almost none of the apps working at all with most of them "forcing closed" about half the time, and so many freaking adds all over the place it's ridiculous, my power button just stopped working. Which means I can't put the screen to sleep, can't turn the phone off, and if the crappy battery dies it's almost impossible to get it to turn back on. I take it to sprint and they say "water damage". Trust me this phone has never been wet I said. They say "have u ever taken the phone outside when it's raining or do u live in an area where there is a lot of humidity?" And I say ofcourse I have taken my phone outside when it's been raining I mean who hasn't. And they say ah ha that must be where u got the water damage u r gonna have to file an insurance claim. And I say "what about all the posts on the android forums about how samsung has known issues with all their phones power buttons and that not a single samsung android model exists that hasn't been plagued with this issue." And they say "we aren't aware of that." And I say "well then how come there is an app in the android market specificaly for samsung devices to make the volume button work as your power button if it's not a known issue?" And they say "your gonna have to take this up with samsung or file an insurance claim. This is not our problem." And I say"wont water damage void my warranty" and they say "yes". So anyway long story short goodbye android welcome back blackberry 9650. I mean the android itch is something u may have to scratch to get rid of but keep your blackberry as a backup and buy a used android. Don't waste your upgrade. Blackberries are reliable. About 75% of android users are waiting on the next os so that their phones will operate "the way android should have" to begin with. My experience was android land is full of empty promises, ads, faulty equipment, ads, poor cell reception, ads, and tons of people who have forgotten what it was like in "the good ol days" when u bought a phone because u actualy wanted to send and receive calls.
    09-14-12 12:45 AM
    Press enter once in awhile, man.
    09-14-12 01:38 AM
    ^^^^^ lol. Agreed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-14-12 02:26 AM
    I just came back from android so let me give u a little insight from my experience..... I have sprint and had the galaxy nexus. After 3 months of poor cell reception which made my phone useless about 50% of the time, terrible battery life like maybe 3hrs of normal talk time/internet usage b4 it was beeping for me to plug it in, almost none of the apps working at all with most of them "forcing closed" about half the time, and so many freaking adds all over the place it's ridiculous, my power button just stopped working. Which means I can't put the screen to sleep, can't turn the phone off, and if the crappy battery dies it's almost impossible to get it to turn back on. I take it to sprint and they say "water damage". Trust me this phone has never been wet I said. They say "have u ever taken the phone outside when it's raining or do u live in an area where there is a lot of humidity?" And I say ofcourse I have taken my phone outside when it's been raining I mean who hasn't. And they say ah ha that must be where u got the water damage u r gonna have to file an insurance claim. And I say "what about all the posts on the android forums about how samsung has known issues with all their phones power buttons and that not a single samsung android model exists that hasn't been plagued with this issue." And they say "we aren't aware of that." And I say "well then how come there is an app in the android market specificaly for samsung devices to make the volume button work as your power button if it's not a known issue?" And they say "your gonna have to take this up with samsung or file an insurance claim. This is not our problem." And I say"wont water damage void my warranty" and they say "yes". So anyway long story short goodbye android welcome back blackberry 9650. I mean the android itch is something u may have to scratch to get rid of but keep your blackberry as a backup and buy a used android. Don't waste your upgrade. Blackberries are reliable. About 75% of android users are waiting on the next os so that their phones will operate "the way android should have" to begin with. My experience was android land is full of empty promises, ads, faulty equipment, ads, poor cell reception, ads, and tons of people who have forgotten what it was like in "the good ol days" when u bought a phone because u actualy wanted to send and receive calls.
    Dude, your whole post is full is isht. I personally know 5 people with the Gnex (not including myself) and NONE have had any issues with it. You either need to learn how to work a smartphone, or better yet, learn how to work a computer.
    09-14-12 09:37 AM
    Press enter once in awhile, man.
    So much for having a physical keyboard.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    09-14-12 09:43 AM
    If I was to get a new phone today, I'd still get the Gnex (which says a lot coming from someone who always want the latest and greatest). It's hands down the best phone i've ever used. From a "customising" standpoint, pure Android is the way to go. The rooting and unlocking of the phone was ridiculously easy, and the amount of dev support for the phone I think is second to none.

At 4.65", it's not quite as large as the GSIII, and I can easily operate it one handed. As for the "cheap" feel..I have a minimal case on it, so regardless of what it's actually made from, all's I feel is the case anyways.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    09-14-12 09:48 AM
    If I was to get a new phone today, I'd still get the Gnex (which says a lot coming from someone who always want the latest and greatest). It's hands down the best phone i've ever used. From a "customising" standpoint, pure Android is the way to go. The rooting and unlocking of the phone was ridiculously easy, and the amount of dev support for the phone I think is second to none.

At 4.65", it's not quite as large as the GSIII, and I can easily operate it one handed. As for the "cheap" feel..I have a minimal case on it, so regardless of what it's actually made from, all's I feel is the case anyways.
    Exactly. This is why I got the Galaxy Nexus and for under $1 I had to get it. The screen is perfect size and anything bigger is just too big IMO. The phone could've been made a little better and not such cheap materials, ex. battery door. Overall a good buy.
    09-14-12 03:32 PM
    Im thinking of getting an android because im afraid bb 10 just wont work out,so ik everythings good but does the cheap feeling get annoying and is the battery life bad or average because in one review i read it said it had a terrible battery life..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    09-15-12 08:18 AM
    Im thinking of getting an android because im afraid bb 10 just wont work out,so ik everythings good but does the cheap feeling get annoying and is the battery life bad or average because in one review i read it said it had a terrible battery life..

If you want a vanilla Android experience (pure Android) with the largest amount of custom ROM endeavors, the Galaxy Nexus is the one to have. And it's the easiest of all Androids to unlock and root. If you want a flavored Android experience (OEM added UI) with the largest amount of custom ROM endeavors, the Galaxy S line (1, 2 & 3) would be the best bet. But it isn't as straightforward and easy to unlock and root.

If you don't have any interest in rooting and custom ROMs for your Android experience, the Galaxy S3 is the best one for a whole and expansive experience. The capabilities of the S3 are unmatched, even by the upcoming iPhone 5.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    09-15-12 12:08 PM
    gonna cost me 120.00 early upg, 12 months left on 3 year contract. and 100.00 for the device itself. Oh and best of all, I can get 85.00 trade in for my 9800 or 100.00 for my 9810. Gonna keep the 9810 just in case.........
    09-15-12 12:15 PM

I have my GS3 in a OB Defender case and it's solid. Battery life is going to be impacted by the faster processor but is still relatively decent. As a former RIM owner, I got used to great battery life. The TouchWiz skin is more focused on the user experience and is more intuitive than Sense. I like customization of my devices but don't have the skills to fly nape of the Earth at Mach 6 to mess with custom ROMs and kernels. Battery life requires a bit more vigilance in terms of closing apps and using the Power Save mode. As with all my smartphones, I have a spare charger for home, office and the car. When I am not using my phone or tablet, they are getting charged. With JB OS update, I am sure that battery life will get better. It's all about what works best for you.
    09-15-12 12:22 PM
    U was in a bad area bro lol u call this no reception

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Which Android to get?-uploadfromtaptalk1354901040691.jpg   Which Android to get?-uploadfromtaptalk1354901050818.jpg  
    12-07-12 11:24 AM

+1 I just got mine a week ago and can't put it down unless I'm sleep or wit the women lol. I'm in Chicago so great LTE plus u can NEVER brick it lol and I like the build on this better than the s2 and s3. Feels a lil more solid and I like the back battery door. Helps grip the phone better for texting and game playin. Overall I can hold this down till Nov 2013 when my upgrade comes

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    12-07-12 11:29 AM
    GS3 is incredible! And this coming from a long time diehard BB user. My 9930 died (harware issue) a few weeks ago and I thought, no better time than the present to try an android device. Well let me tell ya, this device is fantastic. At this point BB10 is gonna have to be mind blowing for me to come back in the near future.
    tsells likes this.
    12-10-12 11:51 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD