Ok so I am looking at Android phones again. I am looking for a high end phone but I do NOT want Samsung or the screen size to be past 4'3 inches. I was looking at the HTC One S. Not sure, then again I'm in no rush to get a new phone right away. Do you think better phones will be out sometime between now and a few months?
    08-12-12 07:46 PM
    The Motorola Atrix 2 has what you are wanting. But wanting a "high-end" phone with a maximum display size of 4.3" will be tough to find these days. There are a few unlocked ones, I'm sure. The One S will likely be the best 4.3" high-end phone you'll find. The HTC Amaze is an - erm - Amaz-ing phone with your required specs. And the HTC Sensation is a well-supported phone within your needs. You'd have access to a vast store of custom ROMs and such with it.

But if I were choosing one limited to your wants, the One-S is the one I would get.
    08-12-12 08:40 PM
    Ahh thank you... I'm gonna wait a bit anyways. I'm curious what else is going to come out though
    08-12-12 09:17 PM
    Ok so I am looking at Android phones again. I am looking for a high end phone but I do NOT want Samsung or the screen size to be past 4'3 inches. I was looking at the HTC One S. Not sure, then again I'm in no rush to get a new phone right away. Do you think better phones will be out sometime between now and a few months?
    I think the One S is the best phone out now with your requirements. There's been talk of a new nexus device or devices, but they're just rumours and probably won't launch till November or Christmas time. Besides which we don't know if the nexus will have a 4'3 inch screen or not. If you're buying on contract, the benefits of a nexus are less, because you'll still wait for updates. So I think the One S is what you're looking for.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    08-13-12 08:08 AM
    If you're buying on contract, the benefits of a nexus are less, because you'll still wait for updates.
    The only reason carrier phones are delayed a little more than the unlocked international Nexus is because Samsung and Google have to make some regional adjustments. The carrier itself has nothing to do with the update timing.
    08-14-12 08:08 AM
    Enze if you didn't like it the last time you probably wont like it again.

Get a phone now if you are going to get it. Yes better phones will be out in a few months. It is like that all the time.

The best high end phone on the market that is skinned is the Galaxy S3. I wouldn't touch the HTC devices. You said you don't want Samsung though so..

Samsung makes the best high end Android devices on the market as of right now.

Your only real option is the One S. Decent device but nothing special. Close to being high end but off by a few specs.
    08-14-12 08:14 AM

Samsung makes the best high end Android devices on the market as of right now.
    True, except for one thing which may be small or big depending on personal preference. The outer casing on Samsung phones is cheap flimsy plastic. No kevlar, no aluminum unibody, Just cheap flimsy plain old plastic. It's fugly and makes the phone feel and look cheap. I mean we're talking Fish Price toy cheap here.
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 08-14-12 at 08:23 AM.
    08-14-12 08:20 AM
    True, except for one thing which may be small or big depending on personal preference. The outer casing on Samsung phones is cheap flimsy plastic. No kevlar, no aluminum unibody, Just cheap flimsy plain old plastic. It's fugly and makes the phone feel and look cheap. I mean we're talking Fish Price toy cheap here.
    Agreed. I prefer the build quality on Moto devices over all of them.

My Galaxy Nexus only feels cheap around the battery door. I have dropped this thing so many times, through it in grass and it has no chips or cracks. My screen is scratched but thats my fault.

That being said, it still doesn't feel as good as my Droid and Droid X did.
    08-14-12 08:38 AM
    Phone looks amazing.

Really simple why the SGS3 (I assume you are talking about that model) is sooo 'cheap' looking and feeling (to you) is that including an aluminum unibody or using heavier materials would increase the weight. It's difficult to produce a light 4.8" screen and keep the device to a manageable weight. No one wants a lead brick as a device. With an Otterbox on my G3 it's almost as heavy as my 9900.

If one is inclined, they can purchase one of the many choices and colours of 3rd party/aftermarket battery covers (different metals and materials and finishes)
    08-14-12 08:39 AM
    but they're not heavy... they're just smartphones. Ugh I don't know how we let ourselves be brainwashed into this concept of a smartphone being even remotely heavy.
    08-14-12 09:03 AM
    but they're not heavy... they're just smartphones. Ugh I don't know how we let ourselves be brainwashed into this concept of a smartphone being even remotely heavy.
    Excellent reading comprehension...LoL

It.is.not.heavy. That was my point.
    08-14-12 09:19 AM
    There can be only one...the GS3...anything else is just an imitation..accept no less than the GS3.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    08-14-12 09:29 PM
    Excellent reading comprehension...LoL

It.is.not.heavy. That was my point.
    The first sentence is why I've always been so amused by irony. I said "they" as in smartphones in general, not "it". For you to say "it" is not heavy is to imply that other phones with more solid bodies are heavy by comparison (I believe you chose the words "lead brick").

I also paid you the courtesy of not pretending to speak slowly using periods between words in order to convey that I'm some sort of simpleton. I could also have chosen to be condescending by making references to the physical prowess of someone who finds a 6oz phone heavy but I chose not too. Just so we're clear on where we stand.
    08-14-12 10:50 PM
    how about the motorola razor? seems promising to me. have a look at it here.
    08-15-12 04:02 AM
    I figure I don't care about the size anymore after holding the s3 in my hand. I'm getting more upset with the lack of apps now a days and battery pulls. I also like to customize things so I think I'll be back on Android. Preferably the s3 assuming nothing huge comes out within a few months from now?
    09-13-12 12:33 PM
    FWIW, I will be leaving my BB 9810 in a week too. I have also made the decision for the Samsung Galaxy S3. No doubt I will miss my BB, the keyboard, the solid performing device overall, the great screen. For me, I don't care about apps and my decision is not based on that alone, I just merely have gotten to a point where I feel a change is needed.
    09-13-12 02:55 PM
    FWIW, I will be leaving my BB 9810 in a week too. I have also made the decision for the Samsung Galaxy S3. No doubt I will miss my BB, the keyboard, the solid performing device overall, the great screen. For me, I don't care about apps and my decision is not based on that alone, I just merely have gotten to a point where I feel a change is needed.
    I feel a change is needed too! I saw that the S3 had a led and then I considered switching back again. Plus I usually keep my phone on silent or just phone calls only or something anyways. I mean I'm gonna miss some Blackberry things but the way I use the phone is different now and I think I need a change too
    09-13-12 04:13 PM
    I think the best android is the samsung galaxy nexus because its pure android......I too want to get an android but i feel that i should give blackberry 10 a chance plus everyone that changes to ios and android will miss bbm and the physical keyboard(assuming you dont have a storm,storm 2,torch 9860/9850).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Marty_LK likes this.
    09-13-12 04:26 PM
    I think the best android is the samsung galaxy nexus because its pure android......I too want to get an android but i feel that i should give blackberry 10 a chance plus everyone that changes to ios and android will miss bbm and the physical keyboard(assuming you dont have a storm,storm 2,torch 9860/9850).

Miss BBM huh, I have only SMS contacts in my BBM now, nothing to miss.
    09-13-12 04:29 PM

I'm considering just such a purchase as the GN for my secondary upgrade. I thought about the Xperia Ion and the Galaxy S2 but believe there is more custom ROM work with the GN. I will want to root whatever I get and the GN is a no-brainer for rooting.
    09-13-12 05:19 PM
    I'm too getting the SIII within the next few weeks. Flashing led, removable battery, expendable memory and customizable keyboards via app store make it a win.
    09-13-12 07:14 PM

There's enough devices with CM10 though so it's not really much of an issue... Also I actually like sense 4.1 a decent amount, more than touchwiz.
    09-13-12 08:47 PM
    I am just the opposite as I prefer TouchWiz as it enhances and is more focused on the user experience. It also appears more well-thought out than Sense. It is all about personal preference meaning that you are no less of a citizen of Android nation because you prefer on skin over the other or even pure vanilla. That's what makes this country so great.... CHOICE... the FREEDOM to choose what works best for you and to not be told what you need or how it is with NO choice.
    09-13-12 09:32 PM
    The term android nation makes me nauseous... Sounds like some Apple marketing bs....

Sent from my HTC One S
    09-13-12 11:40 PM
    Not sure but I'd skip Motorola unless you plan to remove their skin (run a custom rom). My DROID RAZR maxx is laggy. And the photos app and camera app in general are especially bad.
    09-13-12 11:51 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD